Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 07:37 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Quite right. I ordered a hundred from Bushmaster.
Yep. I want to see if new gun laws would be passed.
If I knew the new gun law would be passed for sure, I plan on purchasing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
You will never get the mental evaluation in place as it would be subjective. I would be good with the rest of it provided that said license is good in all 50 states and allows carry.
Actually, there is a long history of mental evaluations being done for a wide assortment of things, so it would not be farfetched to see it happen for guns.

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
You and I are both in Florida....... https://www.freshfromflorida.com/con..._cw_annual.pdf

Other states stats are readily available. If you have one and know how it works then you know what I stated is true and you are just being argumentative. You said "skyrocketing" I did not. I stated that a large percentage of these people are new gun owners and will vote. That is why any sweeping gun control legislation will not happen.
You said sales are up because new people are buying them, but you have not shown any evidence to support that.

The data is not available for it, so how could you know?

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
I checked Gun Broker yesterday lots of AR-15's and lowers at typical prices so doesn't look like the public thinks any of this has a chance of going anywhere NRA I'm sure is working hard in the back rooms to make sure it never gets a vote.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:39 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Handguns, various hunting rifles and shotguns are ample enough for home & body protection and to put food on the table.

Ban everything else.

Sorry but 2nd amendment is not about home defense or hunting.

This bill is doomed and is nothing but showboating by Dems.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:41 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
You have to wonder how citizens of other countries survive without these weapons. They must be rampant with crime and tyrannical rule at the hand of their government.
Apples and oranges. Once again, I will remind you that Europe is not the United States. People assume that Europe has less gun violence just because of gun laws. In reality, Europe actually cares about their citizens. They:

1. pay their employees more
2. give them more vacation time
3. subsidize childcare
4. help pay for their higher education
5. pay for healthcare
6. pay for mental health care
7. help with drug addiction
8. offer better public transportation
9. offer widespread maternity and paternity leave
10. offer shorter workweeks for employees

We offer none of these at all. Not surprisingly, their citizens feel better able to cope with the demands of life. So their citizens are less likely to go postal in response to having to cope with all these frustrations with zero support whatsoever.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:42 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Sorry but 2nd amendment is not about home defense or hunting.

This bill is doomed and is nothing but showboating by Dems.
Yeah, agreed

There are already so many unregistered guns out there. Bad people are already armed. I just don't know how taking guns from legal gun owners can be a solution.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
You will never get the mental evaluation in place as it would be subjective. I would be good with the rest of it provided that said license is good in all 50 states and allows carry.
The problem has been with the mentally ill shooting up neighborhoods, so it would have to be a part of of.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:43 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There are always going to be sick people in this world, no one can know who will be the next guy to climb a tower and start taking out innocent people. However, if we can do a couple of things it will be a good start in the right direction:

1) Tighten up the loopholes that allow guns to be sold with NO background check. Estimates range from 13% to 40% of all the weapons sold in this country NEVER had a background check run. These are sales through gun shows, private party sales, and things like that.

2) Semi automatic assault weapons have no purpose other than to kill as many people as possible in as short a period as possible. They are not good for hunting or target practice, so why have them at all ?

3) Tougher background check requirements are needed. Too many people slip through the cracks, and they are the ones who end up committing these crimes.

4) We need a way to track people who are buying and storing obscene quantities of weapons and ammo. Every one of the idiots who commit these slaughters are found to have stored enough guns and ammo to supply a small army.

I can accept all except #2.

I need an AK-47 to fight against multiple armed home invaders or in a case of large riots like LA 1992.

All can be negotiated. For example, a 5 years CCW that will be good for all USA (like DL) for exchange of deep background and psychological check.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:44 AM

764 posts, read 235,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You said sales are up because new people are buying them, but you have not shown any evidence to support that.

The data is not available for it, so how could you know?
I was just logically continuing your line of discussion that people were rushing out to buy guns by checking some figures that coincide with permits issued. So were you just running your mouth and people aren't really rushing out to buy guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies