Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2018, 04:41 AM

30,898 posts, read 36,980,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's all either/or to them. The Right has to push this BS notion that if you're for ANY gun control, then you're for banning and confiscating all guns. They know it's a lie, but scare tactics seem to work well for them.
Nope. As with all forms of totalitarianism, you take people there step by step over a long period of time. One gun control measure become another, which becomes another and another. That's what happens over time.

Here's a liberal who actually gets it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MYU5Pipl1E

Old 03-07-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
NOBODY, outside a small splinter group way out on the fringe, EVER said anything about abolishing the Second Amendment.
Of course not. If you openly announce your true intentions, there will be hell to pay. So instead you either create or use various crises to advance your agenda, in step by step fashion. In the words of Rahm Emanual "Never let a crisis go to waste". In step by step fashion, you introduce legislation over time to achieve the desired end after each crisis. Since most people have short attention spans, it works like a charm if you spread it out over a long period of time.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Can someone explain the big deal. I get to have an opinion on matters. You get to have an opinion on matters. As Americans, celebrities get to have an opinion on matters.

Use your common sense. Be a grown up. Some people will like Trump and some won't. Isn't that par for the course with every president. As the kids say, why get so butt hurt?
It's mostly the lopsidedness of the entertainment industry that makes me mad. They have a lot of power to influence opinion...and they do.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:52 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Of course not. If you openly announce your true intentions, there will be hell to pay. So instead you either create or use various crises to advance your agenda, in step by step fashion. In the words of Rahm Emanual "Never let a crisis go to waste". In step by step fashion, you introduce legislation over time to achieve the desired end after each crisis. Since most people have short attention spans, it works like a charm if you spread it out over a long period of time.
The Progressives (Euro Communists) take the LONG approach. All indoctrination, and brainwashing all the time. It works.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:57 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
The numbers continue to tank because viewers are finding it hard to look past the preaching and political soapboxes masquerading as entertainment.

Then there's the hypocrisy that pervades every "movement" or initiative--such as the load of guano surrounding loopy McDormand's demand for "inclusion riders," providing yet another bandwagon on which airheaded hypocrites can jump.

Yup. They all got the memo. Inclusion doesn't have to include actors and actresses () It can be the workers "in the background" (the ones we don't see). Why can't the person who gets our coffee be from a marginalized group? (That's right...we don't want competition for ACTING awards.)

So they're all making the rounds to assure the Hollyweird elite that they really don't want that much inclusion.

Liberal clowns are so amusing--and such hypocrites!

Old 03-07-2018, 12:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Contrary to the bashers here claiming the number of Oscars viewers are dropping because of so-called "preaching and political soapboxes" the numbers are dropping because people have many other ways to watch shows like that than they did in the past. You don't have just that one time slot to see shows like that with on-demand and live streaming which aren't counted in the ratings.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:12 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The numbers continue to tank because viewers are finding it hard to look past the preaching and political soapboxes masquerading as entertainment.

Then there's the hypocrisy that pervades every "movement" or initiative--such as the load of guano surrounding loopy McDormand's demand for "inclusion riders," providing yet another bandwagon on which airheaded hypocrites can jump.

Yup. They all got the memo. Inclusion doesn't have to include actors and actresses () It can be the workers "in the background" (the ones we don't see). Why can't the person who gets our coffee be from a marginalized group? (That's right...we don't want competition for ACTING awards.)

So they're all making the rounds to assure the Hollyweird elite that they really don't want that much inclusion.

Liberal clowns are so amusing--and such hypocrites!
There are things I can't stand...some movies, books, tv shows, television channels, etc.

I couldn't tell you more than a name? or title? of some of these things and I sure in the hell wouldn't be able to write paragraphs about any.

Why? I spend my time doing things I LIKE to do. Why on Earth would anyone spend time researching things they HATE? Of course, maybe you aren't researching anything and just pulling things out of the air. But you're still spending so much of your time talking about something you hate.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:46 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Movie attendance is way down too . So I guess it’s not surprising .

The political stuff I think really kills it though . I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes down 20% or more next year too .

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/3/16...flix-streaming
Ratings have nothing to do with conservatives tuning out because of politics. I guess if it stokes your egos then have of it.

By the way, all the talk about the NFL ratings going down, the salary cap just went up $10 million. Plus your FOX company just paid triple to broadcast Thursday Night football. Guess you are wondering why they would overpay for the NFL if it is a bad bet?

Old 03-07-2018, 09:50 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,110,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Every female role would be that of a wife or mother who has no life or career of her own outside of supporting her man. Women who stepped outside of these traditional God-mandated conservative roles would suffer horrible consequences, as a lesson to all young girls out there who might have higher aspirations..
Traditional male roles=high aspirations? How underwhelming.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:43 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,229,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Considering how easy it is to find conservatives commenting that Trump annoying liberals is reason enough to vote for him it's laughable to see them now whining about Hollywood making movies to annoy Mike Pence.

Their one consistent quality is hypocrisy.
Because it isn't true. They make them not to annoy one person, but rather to ram their perverted ideology down the collective throats of the country, to normalize sexual deviancy and degeneracy by celebrating it.

It exists....that is true ...but don't CELEBRATE that it does, for pete's sake.

Its an unfortunate aberration of the human condition. Nothing something that should be celebrated, promoted, or excused with the lie that its normal or good.

Its like celebrating cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies