Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 02:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
He chose to go into that business. He set the prices. He has the ability to charge people before or after they eat, but asking that he treat all customers equally unless they have actually harmed him is not confiscating anything.

I'm sorry, but to imply he is being robbed at gunpoint makes you sound like a serious drama queen.
It can turn into armed robbery if one of the disgruntled customers sues citing the CRA (specifically part II).

He chose to go into that business isn't an excuse. I prefer to think of it as he chose that method to feed, clothe, and house himself. Unless you're telling me the State leaves people alone who choose to feed, clothe, and house themselves away from the State's infrastructure without paying property taxes.

The customers are not entitled to be served the fruits of his labor as they see fit. That would mean he doesn't own his own labor (body). They do. And they would be doing so under the threat of violence by the State.

That's the very definition of slavery.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:47 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It’s always one group that behaves badly time and again and then complain the consequences of their behavior is racist.
If only I had time to video record it all , then what I have seen not just on public transport, but everywhere in terms of black peoples behavior toward Asians would be an eye opener in terms of sheer violence and abuse shown by one race toward another. The most memorable being on the J line going toward Stonestown on a midweek night. There we had two Asian female students in their 20's sitting there just minding their own business. Before ya know it a group of maybe 3 or 4 black single mothers with their kids come into the train car. After a couple of minutes , saw it with my own eyes, one of the mothers sends her 4 or 5 yo kid down to ask the Asian girls for some money. They politely decline and return to texting or whatever they were doing on their smartphones at the time. So, the young kid goes back to the mother at the other end of the train car tells her what happened and there is a brief discussion among the mothers. Whereupon two of the women leave their seats and proceed to confront the Asian girls over what happened. In any event, it took just under a minute before the two black girls begin to lose it in a most sickening manner begin to throw haymakers and and kick the two much smaller Asian students until one of them was practically unconscious. In a flash the black mothers waited for the next stop and all disembarked together. There was a police car and ambulance at the next stop and took the injured Asian girls into their care.

I have to say it , in all my life I have never witnessed such outright and wanton savagery. Never before and quite honestly, I can understand why more and more Asians are becoming even more cautious than usual around black people.

Lastly, a little known fact not too many actually know about. Here in San Francisco, the only task force still in existence to this day focused on improving inter entho group relations is for Asians and blacks. Just such opposites and those opposites don't always attract it must be said.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:13 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Why can't the owner decide who to sell to and under what terms?

Anything less is slavery.
He can't because while restaurants may be privately owned business, they are also considered places of public accommodation. As such, customers are protected under equal rights, and an owner cannot arbitrarily refuse service such as happened in this case. There are legitimate and legal reasons to refuse service to a customer, but again, this certainly wasn't the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
If only I had time to video record it all , then what I have seen not just on public transport, but everywhere in terms of black peoples behavior toward Asians would be an eye opener in terms of sheer violence and abuse shown by one race toward another. The most memorable being on the J line going toward Stonestown on a midweek night. There we had two Asian female students in their 20's sitting there just minding their own business. Before ya know it a group of maybe 3 or 4 black single mothers with their kids come into the train car. After a couple of minutes , saw it with my own eyes, one of the mothers sends her 4 or 5 yo kid down to ask the Asian girls for some money. They politely decline and return to texting or whatever they were doing on their smartphones at the time. So, the young kid goes back to the mother at the other end of the train car tells her what happened and there is a brief discussion among the mothers. Whereupon two of the women leave their seats and proceed to confront the Asian girls over what happened. In any event, it took just under a minute before the two black girls begin to lose it in a most sickening manner begin to throw haymakers and and kick the two much smaller Asian students until one of them was practically unconscious. In a flash the black mothers waited for the next stop and all disembarked together. There was a police car and ambulance at the next stop and took the injured Asian girls into their care.

I have to say it , in all my life I have never witnessed such outright and wanton savagery. Never before and quite honestly, I can understand why more and more Asians are becoming even more cautious than usual around black people.

Lastly, a little known fact not too many actually know about. Here in San Francisco, the only task force still in existence to this day focused on improving inter entho group relations is for Asians and blacks. Just such opposites and those opposites don't always attract it must be said.
I am very well aware that one of the dirty little 'secrets' in America is the at times very vicious racial attacks and hate crimes committed by blacks against asians throughout America. It doesn't get as much attention as other forms of hate crimes, or is not labeled as a hate crime (usually excused as 'cultural misunderstanding').

Anyhow, that's besides the point, two wrongs don't make a right. A store owner doesn't have the right to arbitrarily decide on who gets to eat or doesn't eat, and this restaurant manager is idiotic to tell these students that "you people steal." That's racist and disgusting, I don't care who says it.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:29 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It has nothing to do with having balls. It is just that he is not handicapped by political correctness that have pervaded the rest of our society. It takes someone who probably is ignorant (which is not necessarily a bad thing) of the widespread PC culture (that you cannot offend black people whatsoever) to show us that.
White teenaged girls are one of the main group of shoplifters of makeup from stores. Maybe we should stop being PC and require them to pay up front when they enter stores with makeup departments.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:30 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Smart business. Collect up front from large groups of young people. I doubt he makes single, elderly black people pay up front. It also doesn’t help that our country endorse policies that are racist towards asians in favor of blacks. I’m sure that creates a lot of animosity.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:38 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:

Impoverished blacks for many decades have been very resentful towards the Asians owning convenience stores in their ghetto neighborhoods. And any time there is a black riot, those Asian owned businesses are the first targets of their anger. Although, in recent memory, during one black riot, there was an Asian owned gas station that was protected by some of the other blacks in the community.

It makes no sense for blacks to be hating on Asian business owners. Without those Asians, shops in their ghettos would be even more of a rarity.

Also, there is absolutely no reason that blacks can't own their own businesses in their neighborhoods. They just need to do what the Asians do... pool their family resources and keep good credit. IMO ghetto culture people need to learn how to make long term plans and stick to them. And enough with making teen baby mommas. Stop having babies until the relationship is stable and serious, and at least one partner has a decent career path. Making babies early just adds further obstacles to having a good quality life. Stop being so impatient. Stop looking for easy riches.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:38 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
So you think discrimination is fine?

You know, most Americans belong, or have belonged, to some kind of minority, or have some aspect of them that is outside traditional norms. I suspect you do, too. Perhaps you're Catholic, or you're of Irish descent, or you're fat, or you're uneducated, or you're left-handed, or you're a Republican. I don't think you'd like to be discriminated against on the basis of something irrelevant.

Your "why would anyone want to eat there anyway?" reminds me of the arguing of trying to persuade the black family in "Raisin In the Sun" not to move into a better neighborhood, which happened to be white.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
So you think discrimination is fine?

You know, most Americans belong, or have belonged, to some kind of minority, or have some aspect of them that is outside traditional norms. I suspect you do, too. Perhaps you're Catholic, or you're of Irish descent, or you're fat, or you're uneducated, or you're left-handed, or you're a Republican. I don't think you'd like to be discriminated against on the basis of something irrelevant.

Your "why would anyone want to eat there anyway?" reminds me of the arguing of trying to persuade the black family in "Raisin In the Sun" not to move into a better neighborhood, which happened to be white.
I'm non-white and was raised Catholic. Worst of all, I was ghetto poor.

Each individual has the right to sell the fruits of their labor as they see fit.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:48 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:

When did this happen?

I used to commute from the J line. It does not go to Stonestown.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Time for another one of my “ Daddio” stories.

My father was a cab driver. I grew up in the front seat of his taxi. He declined all black passengers because, well you know...they jump out and don’t pay their fare.

My father was also prone to road trips. We never knew if we would return home in an hour or next week.

To say we rarely paid for a restaurant meal or a motel room would be an understatement. When my sister and I were very young, it was a game. Then my sister and I became convinced that one day we would spend the rest of our lives in jail.

This man was racist to the core and a member of KKK. His proudest moment in life was his participation in the Cicero ( Illinois) riots ( before I was born). This is the tilt that ensued once it became known a veteran, college- educated, employed black man and his family had rented an apartment in a all white town. It was, as I understand it, the first televised race riot. Hundreds of whites destroyed the building while Police watched.

It was quite an education to observe him pull the crap he did, while condemning ALL black people for the same behaviors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies