Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 04:26 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,761 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it’s poor parenting and not enough spanking.

And of course not enough Jesus. Did anyone mention that? I’m not reading through the thread to find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 04:31 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Parents, raise your children properly and teach your children to obey the laws and NOT to commit murder!

Why is that so damn hard?

I am so tired of people blaming others for their own problems.
Proper children murder all the time. They always have and always will. Childhood is a time of high emotions, including rage, and immaturity, which justifies their rage.

Only time and maturity change that. Sometimes. Other times, even the best and most moral upbringing still fails, and an adult thinks and acts like an adolescent for their entire life.

No one can ever change that. Examples in the Bible abound.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:42 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
I asked my 20ish daughter what she thought was going on with these shooters. She is, after all, closer in age to most of them than I am. Her answer was parental neglect.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:29 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Ummm ... you cannot know that you can't ensure your children will not become a murderer until after you have a child and raise him or her.

OP must have some magical parenting formula that is 100% guaranteed.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:45 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
OP must have some magical parenting formula that is 100% guaranteed.
Nothing is 100% but drugging them instead of disciplining them and plopping a digital device in front of them to quiet them is surely a recipe for them to grow up awkward, dissociative and unable to deal with life and it's realities.

Children need a mother and father who are there for them, family time, dinner together, discussions and in general guidance and quality time. They also need to fall down and skin thier knees and play hard too.

What's happening to them now is equivelent to raising an animal domesticaly then when it's grown, throw it in the wild....it's not fair, it's not sane and it's not loving.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:55 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Ummm ... you cannot know that you can't ensure your children will not become a murderer until after you have a child and raise him or her.

So you raise your children but have no idea they will turn into a murderer or not?

Why the hell do you have children then?

Old 03-06-2018, 11:52 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
ask punditfact
There answer: countries that are mostly white.

Sounds racist.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:54 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Proper children murder all the time. They always have and always will. Childhood is a time of high emotions, including rage, and immaturity, which justifies their rage.

Only time and maturity change that. Sometimes. Other times, even the best and most moral upbringing still fails, and an adult thinks and acts like an adolescent for their entire life.

No one can ever change that. Examples in the Bible abound.
I asked my son. He said they were scumbags.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:13 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Oh - I was thinking application of the death penalty within a month of the crimes committed - in cases like Florida where we KNOW who committed the crimes.

But yeah - on the preemptive measures - you are on target.

My method is more punitive based.
Be careful what you wish for.

There is a line of thought that people on a jury, the common "man", are willing to say guilty, willing to say the death penalty, because they know that there is a process, that there is plenty of time for a mistake to be caught if one is made.

Say, however, that we have a rapid path from the verdict to the gallows, instead?

We might be looking at a situation, then, where the common "man" on the jury isn't willing to take that chance, of possibly sending the wrong person to the noose (to coin a phrase) and they might instead say "not guilty".

If they do that, then it is over for one cannot be tried twice for the same crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
....... Jeffrey Dahmer had good and caring parents...
Did he?

From what I recall from a book about him, one of the triggers was being abandoned by others.

Now, it has been years since I read that book, so I could be mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
..... If you do own a gun, you just have to be responsible and ensure it's locked up and you've thrown away the key in a place only you can find it.
When I am at a relative's home who is a parent, the access keys are always around my neck........which may make this the time to lead into something else.

My life has developed into one of protocols, high moral codes (like that of "Batman"), codes of conduct, and so forth. It is one that can be very respectful of others but it is also one that can be very lonely because of all that.

Long story short , if being a little bit romantic of it, do we want to raise children to be so disciplined in their thoughts, to be like knights?

We might point to such a person, tell a child to be like them, disciplined, reserved, but do we realize the loneliness that comes with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Agree with no guns the mass shootings wouldn't have happened.......
Let us not be so focused so we can have an answer without addressing the problem.

The question we need to ask is, "That with no guns, will mass killings not happen?".

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-07-2018 at 02:40 AM..

Old 03-07-2018, 02:58 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Nothing is 100% but drugging them instead of disciplining them and plopping a digital device in front of them to quiet them is surely a recipe for them to grow up awkward, dissociative and unable to deal with life and it's realities.

Children need a mother and father who are there for them, family time, dinner together, discussions and in general guidance and quality time. They also need to fall down and skin thier knees and play hard too.

What's happening to them now is equivelent to raising an animal domesticaly then when it's grown, throw it in the wild....it's not fair, it's not sane and it's not loving.
Honestly, most parents are too busy just trying to pay the bills to devote time to regular family bonding time.

If everyone waited to have kids until they were wealthy enough to not need to prioritise their jobs, the human species wouldn't exist.

Not saying it's right to neglect bonding and active engagement with one's kids, just that it's a realistic fact of life for many families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies