Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 04:23 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Parents, raise your children properly and teach your children to obey the laws and NOT to commit murder!

Why is that so damn hard?

I am so tired of people blaming others for their own problems.
I always think there's a lot more to these mass shootings than is ever covered in the mainstream media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 04:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Parents, raise your children properly and teach your children to obey the laws and NOT to commit murder!

Why is that so damn hard?

I am so tired of people blaming others for their own problems.
Because too many children are being raised in single family homes and do not get the guidance they need. Why stay together when government will raise your kids? People who abandon kids are low life scumbags. Most are males. Make no mistake, they aren't men.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:35 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because too many children are being raised in single family homes and do not get the guidance they need. Why stay together when government will raise your kids? People who abandon kids are low life scumbags. Most are males. Make no mistake, they aren't men.
You know what you said is racist, right?

Old 03-07-2018, 07:39 AM

1,225 posts, read 606,240 times
Quote:
Devil’s Advocate, where was race mentioned?

Old 03-07-2018, 09:07 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Hence the responsibile parents.

How about a law that says if you can’t ensure your children not become a murderer, you aren’t allowed to have children.

Why should people be allowed to pump out murderers?
Nikolas Cruz was adopted. If anyone is put through the ringer to prove to independent authorities that your child will "not become a murderer," it's adoptive parents. Their whole lives are scrutinized. While there are of course abusive, neglectful adoptive parents, it is much less likely given the amount of self reflection, conscious thought and effort, and money that goes into completing an adoption compared to the circumstances involved with giving birth.

I've seen articles stating that his parents adopted him from a drug addicted mother as an infant. That could have caused fundamental changes in his brain. Or he could have just been born "bad." Dylan Klebold's mother has made very public reconciliations about the actions of her son at Columbine, and neither of the perpetrators seemed to have bad home lives. Both were middle class with stay at home moms. Klebold's parents were religious Lutherans and pacifists, but his mother came from some Jewish heritage that was celebrated in their home (which made the Nazi undertones of the pair even more disturbing).

My parents were viciously emotionally abusive, neglectful and, I have come to accept, mentally ill. Their poor decisions have left them facing extreme poverty in their old age with no one able to stomach being around them to provide care in their old age. Neither of their children have them in their lives anymore. If parenting was a be-all, end-all, my brother and I would be a poor sight. And yet we both are relatively successful, well-educated, and have never had trouble with drugs, alcohol, or the law. Sure, we carry some scars from our upbringing that we have to make conscious efforts to work through with professional help, but luckily there are some intrinsic traits that have helped us overcome where we came from. Unfortunately, sometimes those intrinsic traits can make you "bad" despite even the best upbringing.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:11 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Hence the responsibile parents.

How about a law that says if you can’t ensure your children not become a murderer, you aren’t allowed to have children.

Why should people be allowed to pump out murderers?
Tell us, oh, wise one, how anyone can make such a guarantee? Did you invent a time machine so every prospective parent can travel forward and see if their child turned out all right?

You've posted some stupid stuff on this forum, but this has to be the dumbest.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
It seems to me, we have more problems with kids and behavior today versus times in the past. Although many parents today are extremely sheltering and overprotective, back in the 70s and 80s, not so much.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:56 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,962,827 times
Check back with your daughter after she is a parent. I have a feeling you would get a different answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I asked my 20ish daughter what she thought was going on with these shooters. She is, after all, closer in age to most of them than I am. Her answer was parental neglect.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
because saying single parent is racist? lol

Old 03-07-2018, 04:33 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,057,141 times
How do you expect kids to act when they see all the hatred that the adult Left is spewing toward a President that won the election ? Everywhere you turn you hear them screaming and hoping he dies,etc.
The last push is to tell the kids to hate the NRA, that had nothing to do with the school shootings. They didn't sell the shooter the gun, they didn't make the law that said he could buy it, they didn't raise the poor shooter, they do nothing other than teach safe gun ownership. Maybe it's time for some of these adults to grow up and channel their hatred inward and try to better themselves instead of teaching the young to hate everything that isn't to their liking. But I doubt that that will happen in today's society. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies