Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 11:47 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,541,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It was all a setup to create the Russian conspircy theory to the media. And the media has been pushing the false narrative ever since.

This is a a massive revelation, as it conforms that the Russian conspircy theory was manufactured media leaks by high ranking Obama administration officials.

You can read the entire House Intel Committee report here.

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/I...HRPT-115-1.pdf
If so, it would appear that this was done clearly and deliberately to impact the results of a presidential election or to damage the operation of the administration. Still waiting to see if this scumbag rats out Obama as directing him to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 11:48 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,105,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'm glad he was caught, leakers are scum. I wonder if he'll be formally charged with anything.
It's hard to say, maybe he could share some of this info in some legal way, although I don't know how that would be possible.

I want to be clear, I'm not accusing anyone of any crimes, but this sure doesn't look good.

This is conformation that the Russian conspircy theory was manufactured by media leaks by high ranking Obama administration officials.

Other media outlets are starting to report on this breaking story.

Here's one

House Intel: Clapper Talked Dossier CNN | The Daily Caller

Old 04-27-2018, 11:49 AM

45,610 posts, read 27,230,182 times
This is how they get this stuff through without anyone knowing it. First sentence from the OP's article...
Buried within a newly declassified congressional report on Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. elections is a shocking revelation: former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper not only leaked information about the infamous Steele dossier and high-level government briefings about it to CNN, he also may have lied to Congress about the matter.
They release a 1,000 page document expecting no one will read through it.

Someone got the information and wrote, but no one reads it and no action is taken. Thankfully, someone read this.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:49 AM

20,479 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So do I have this right?

* At the time, Clapper was Director of National Intelligence for President Obama
* He becomes aware of a bogus dossier created by the DNC with the assistance of Steele to create and dispense information during a campaign designed to be damaging to the opposite party?
* WHILE DNI he dispenses this bogus information to a multitude of far-left reporters that are in a position to utilize that information to harm a campaign they oppose?
* While doing so as DNI-he imparts a degree of credibility that said stories coming directly from an opposition campaign would not have?
* And he then lied to congress about doing so?

If true, just how many laws did he break?

Perhaps the bigger question-if he IS charged for his actions, will he reveal if he was directed to do so by his boss (Obama)?
well breaking laws depends on the timing of the leaks.

if as you suggest he was DNI for Obama and Obama was still president, when the leak was leaked... then its likely NOT a crime as it was directed by the president who has control of what is and is not "classified"

if however, the leak occurred after Trump was president, then it might well have been a crime.

personally I think these g uys are really smart. it was leaked before the inauguration, then timed to be released later.... so no one can be touched.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:55 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,600,838 times
If you've watched Clapper and Brennan testify (youtube) you will be amazed at what lousy liars they are. A five-year old is more believable. They never thought they'd get caught.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:56 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,105,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If so, it would appear that this was done clearly and deliberately to impact the results of a presidential election. Still waiting to see if this scumbag rats out Obama as directing him to do so.
This was done after the election in early January before Trump took office.

January 4 2017- Clapper, DOJ, FBI officials meet with Obama at the White House to discuss the Russian investigation

January 5 2017- Comey briefs Trump on dossier claims

January 6-7 2017- Clapper leaks to CNN, and media reports about the Russian conspircy theory begin.

The timeline would suggest that this was a setup, planned at the White House meeting.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:58 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,581,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'm glad he was caught, leakers are scum. I wonder if he'll be formally charged with anything.
None of these corrupt Obama/Hillary players will be indicted because Sessions is a weak weasle.
The Rs only have a few more months until they probably lose their majority in congress -- they need to fire Sessions and get a real pit bull for A.G. before November.......

Old 04-27-2018, 11:59 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,541,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This was done after the election in early January before Trump took office.

January 4 2017- Clapper, DOJ, FBI officials meet with Obama at the White House

January 5 2017- Comey briefs Trump on dossier claims

January 6-7 2017- Clapper leaks to CNN, and media reports about the Russian conspircy theory begin.
Thanks for verifying the timing, I couldn't recall and looked it up after I posted.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:03 PM

12,045 posts, read 6,581,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you've watched Clapper and Brennan testify (youtube) you will be amazed at what lousy liars they are. A five-year old is more believable. They never thought they'd get caught.
Exactly -- the whole stinking corrupt DOJ, Intel, and State dept was so sure Hillary would win and cover for them, they acted even cavalier about their lies and corruption. And when it looked like Trump might have a chance, they created their collusion and dossier fabrications as "insurance" against Trump winning.......

Old 04-27-2018, 12:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
True or not, Clapper is a low life piece of crap that has had his lies do a lot of damage to this country. It's amazing and sad that he still runs free while those who expose him have to hide.

He almost makes me rethink being against the death penalty. If anyone deserves it, he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies