Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 06:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,871,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Since these are the people whose lives are more and more at stake, don't you think they should have voice in the process to fix the problem?
They are teens with about zero knowledge of the technicalities and complexities of security. They are probably about the last group of people I would listen to.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:32 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,137,612 times
Quote:
Since these are the people whose lives are more and more at stake, don't you think they should have voice in the process to fix the problem?
They are not intellectually capable of making rational decisions at their age. They are easy to mold into slogan-chanting bots.
Fortunately we have a Constitution that prevents rash political moves.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,744,347 times
They have infringed upon the 2nd amendment unconstitutionally about as much as they can, without full confiscation.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:34 PM

34,282 posts, read 18,661,666 times
Quote:
The legal, and responsible defense of myself, and my family is at stake. They don't need to hurt the law abiding to try to "fix the problem". Fortunately, very few are killed in school, or mass shootings overall. There are much bigger "problems" in which to address.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:38 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,172,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
They are not intellectually capable of making rational decisions at their age. They are easy to mold into slogan-chanting bots.
Fortunately we have a Constitution that prevents rash political moves.
These kids are more educated than many adults...that's for **** sure. They attend one of the top rated schools in the country and know more about the machinations of government and The Constitution than you do.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:40 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,332,840 times
Another one?

Old 03-22-2018, 09:43 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,332,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I read, Parkland students are pissed that they're only allowed clear see-through backpacks from now on.. One student tweeted "I now have to let someone borrow a pencil because they can see in my backpack". Another student tweeted "Clear backpacks, metal detectors and arm guards wont keep us safe, only gun control" . Yeah, tell secret service, airports and banks that, SMH.

IMO, these protests wanting to ban/disarm Americans wont amount to anything - its equivalent to white supremacists going to DC pretesting to bring back slavery. Just ridiculous. But whatever.
Don't they do this after every school shooting then go back after a few months? Does the AR-15 fit in backpacks these days?

Old 03-22-2018, 09:49 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,653,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Six of my nieces and nephews will be there. I am very proud of them for doing this. Maybe they can do what their older generations have failed. Less guns...good idea.
Nothing to really be proud of here dot. They are simply following the rest of the herd. Had your nieces and nephews spontaneously decided to take a stand against guns, then I would be impressed. But that isn't the case. They are simply jumping onto the latest bandwagon. Which is completely normal for young people. Hell, it's normal for most people. But again, it's really nothing to be proud of. They are going to protest about things they don't even truly understand. All they know is what they've been told by their elders, social media, teachers, etc. They have not yet reached a point in life where they are truly thinking for themselves or making their own decisions. Ten or twenty years from now, they may very well feel a lot different about the subject of guns and gun rights. Because they will be adults with fully developed brains and real opinions and beliefs of their own. All I can say is I hope you will be equally as proud if one of these nieces or nephews decides they believe in the right to bear arms in the future. Otherwise, you aren't really proud, you are simply pleased that they are going to support your own opinions.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:49 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,929,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
Nothing’s gonna happen at the federal level.

If the mass shooting of 6 years olds did nothing to change gun laws, this won’t either.

Maybe if we start having mass shootings every week. Right now we are getting them every 6 months on average.
Seems more frequent lately.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:52 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,195,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Make plans to provide a show of force to the Left-sponsored Teen Spirit Anti-gun March in Washington.
Be there. It should be a good time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.4d1c5d3b9a9f
Sounds like a threat. Sounds like you want to gun them all down. Sicko...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies