Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 06:54 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,503,219 times

Advertisements

Maybe being fat is the students' defense against getting shot. If the bullet has to go through 6 inches of flub, that could possibly save their lives! Besides, isn't marching in the streets of Washington exercise? March on ...the new diet!

Old 03-23-2018, 06:56 AM

34,258 posts, read 18,634,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And you are part of the problem. Just because the poster you quoted doesn't have the same opinion on this subject you state that he wants to gun them down ? Unbelievable , and many wonder why a rational solutions can't be had. Because one can't have a rational conversation with the many of the anti gun crowd. It's people like you that make us not even want to bother with compromises. You are the sicko for stating that comment SMH....
One of the tactics of the LEFT is to use irrational, absolutes to argue. We are against yet more gun control laws that only restrict the law abiding, so we are "gun nuts" who want to gun people down.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:58 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,192,709 times
Quote:
And you are part of the problem. Just because the poster you quoted doesn't have the same opinion on this subject you state that he wants to gun them down ? Unbelievable , and many wonder why a rational solutions can't be had. Because one can't have a rational conversation with the many of the anti gun crowd. It's people like you that make us not even want to bother with compromises. You are the sicko for stating that comment SMH....
Context means everything here. Maybe s/he doesn't want to gun anyone down but s/he wants to intimidate and shut down this movement. That is intimidate with guns. How dare they try to remove his/her freedom to gun them down if s/he so chooses.

You don't see the threat in the below comment? It is comments like this that help form my opinion about the posters here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We'll be at 500 million guns in a couple of years. Good luck. You'll need it.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:15 AM

39,108 posts, read 51,321,770 times
People who are dismissing these students have their heads in the sand. Kids born between 1995 and 2012 make up a staggering 26% of the population of the US. One million per year of them will become eligible to vote through 2030. Unlike the older millennials, they appear to be motivated to get involved and make changes and they are media savvy and connected. There were a million of them in the streets a week ago and half a million expected in DC. All this was put together on social media in a single month. Both parties better be paying attention to them because they matter now and will be a force to be reckoned with for decades.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:19 AM

29,592 posts, read 14,732,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Lots of people mocking these kids. Many will he voting in November and most by 2020. There will be more of them voting than there will Fox viewers voting. The politicians ignoring them will come to regret it.

Can you please show me who is mocking these kids ? I haven't seen a single post yet. Although I'm only on the third page. I see many people that don't just take things at face value and actually can see thru to the real agenda.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Context means everything here. Maybe s/he doesn't want to gun anyone down but s/he wants to intimidate and shut down this movement. That is intimidate with guns. How dare they try to remove his/her freedom to gun them down if s/he so chooses.

You don't see the threat in the below comment? It is comments like this that help form my opinion about the posters here.
While, I tend to think those that toss out comments like that do so to trigger certain people... such as yourself. Do I agree with comments like that , no. It doesn't do anything to help the pro firearms people. And again, the first paragraph of your reply. No one wants to intimidate anyone , much less children with firearms. People such as you will never see it any other way though, you've formed your opinions and regardless of law, Bill of Rights, Constitution whatever, your opinions and views won't be swayed.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
People who are dismissing these students have their heads in the sand. Kids born between 1995 and 2012 make up a staggering 26% of the population of the US. One million per year of them will become eligible to vote through 2030. Unlike the older millennials, they appear to be motivated to get involved and make changes and they are media savvy and connected. There were a million of them in the streets a week ago and half a million expected in DC. All this was put together on social media in a single month. Both parties better be paying attention to them because they matter now and will be a force to be reckoned with for decades.

I agree, and I'm sure many do, but it is a shame to see that they are being pawns to an agenda that they didn't form for themselves. Not saying all but many are just following the herd.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:38 AM

89,216 posts, read 44,979,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't count your chickens... Not all of them are anti-gun. Not all are willing to do away with a Constitutional Right for a perceived false sense of security (criminals will never obey ANY gun laws, no matter what utter ridiculousness you and others believe - Chicago and Baltimore come to mind...). Some actually have critical thinking skills, instead.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:41 AM

34,258 posts, read 18,634,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Don't count your chickens... Not all of them are anti-gun. Not all are willing to do away with a Constitutional Right for a perceived false sense of security (criminals will never obey ANY gun laws, no matter what utter ridiculousness you and others believe - Chicago and Baltimore come to mind...). Some actually have critical thinking skills, instead.
Also, as they get older, and actually learn the facts, many will become pro Second Amendment, and gun owners themselves. Right now, they are just dealing in emotion, and the herd mentality.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:43 AM

89,216 posts, read 44,979,798 times
Quote:
I agree, and I'm sure many do, but it is a shame to see that they are being pawns to an agenda that they didn't form for themselves. Not saying all but many are just following the herd.
You'd be surprised, but a lot are participating so they can write about the experience on their college application essays. Plus, it's a SJW box they can check off at college application time.

"Look at ME! Look at ME!... I'M oh so socially 'aware!' "

Believe me, kids know how to play that game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.