Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 06:03 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,213,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Really? 6 months from now some of them will be at Ivy League universities.
And that doesn't make them any more smarter or wiser or have more experience.

Why not just change the constitution to let 14 year olds be president of the United States?

Old 03-23-2018, 06:06 AM

89,154 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Like most on your side, you ignore the result of implementing "gun free" buildings.

The unintended consequences of this national stupidity is plain to see. Bad guys always seek the path of least resistance.
Any and all gun bans, gun control laws, gun confiscations, etc., will do absolutely nothing to stop gun homicides in the vast majority of cases. Most are committed with guns that were illegally acquired, and/or used by those who have lost their Right to own/use a gun (convicted felons). Now what?

What will these dolts march for next? More gun laws? Because the 20,001st gun law will work whereas the prior 20,000 didn't? /SMH at the COMPLETE LACK of critical thinking skills 'on the march' (yes, pun intended).

Old 03-23-2018, 06:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,131,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
And that doesn't make them any more smarter or wiser or have more experience.

Why not just change the constitution to let 14 year olds be president of the United States?
We already have a 14-year-old as President of the United States.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:26 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Can they vote?

I've never been a teenager watching my classmates gunned down. Have you? I don't pretend to know what they're feeling and I have no idea how far this will go. But you cannot deny that without their efforts gun laws in Florida would not have changed.

As for ignorance, I've read a hell of a lot more of it on this board than I've heard from these kids. This is a country that elected a ****** as potus.
What does voting have to with anything? You think voting Democrat is going to change our gun culture/laws? Lol, just in case you forget, the last proposed assault weapons ban a few years ago was opposed by 15 Democrats (didn't even have enough support to make it on the floor for a vote). And this was after some lunatic killing 20 kids.

Ive never witnessed nor heard of any school shootings as a teen, either, yet we had the same amount and same types of guns floating around. Tell me what has changed? Why are kids killing kids?

Old 03-23-2018, 06:27 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times
Who's doing the what now? Who's Aunty Gunn and why is she protesting?
Seriously, the protest sounds about as pointless as a global warming march, which given the unusually cold Spring and snow in DC would also be a foolish exercise in stupidity.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:38 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,131,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Who's doing the what now? Who's Aunty Gunn and why is she protesting?
Seriously, the protest sounds about as pointless as a global warming march, which given the unusually cold Spring and snow in DC would also be a foolish exercise in stupidity.

Not really pointless, considering these kids will be voting age in the not-too-distant future.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:43 AM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Since these are the people whose lives are more and more at stake, don't you think they should have voice in the process to fix the problem?
Absolutely. So why aren't they ?
Let's face it. The fallacy of eliminating firearms will never happen. So whatever solutions are worked out has to worked in conjunction with the over 300 million already in circulation. Adding more and more regulation, might help , it might not. Had the age to purchase a rifle been 21, it might have stopped Parkland shooting. Other than there was no reason not to sell him a firearm...unless the BATF/NICS had been aware of the mental health issues he had.
Now look at the latest in Maryland. Now Maryland has some of the strictest firearms regulations in the nation, yet a 17 year old got ahold of a handgun (negligence on the owners part) and walked right into school , luckily he was taken down by an armed SRO.
Look at Sandy Hook, another place with pretty strict firearms regulation. There the shooter killed the owner of the weapons (his mother) to attain them. Pretty much no law would have stopped that.
Look at the Santa Barbara killer. He used a knife, a handgun , and his BMW to kill 6 and injure 13. All because he couldn't handle rejection. I'm pretty sure CA has strict laws on handguns yet this happened.

The bigger picture, and what these kids/young adults should be talking about is why are they feeling so stressed with day to day issues, so stressed that it is pushing them to either suicide or killing ? What have parents, educators , mentors not done let the kids get to this point ?
Firearms are not causing these kids to go on rampages. Firearms have always been around, and in the past , much less regulated. Why now is killing even a solution in some of these young peoples lives ? And it seems to be a certain age group that keeps doing this. Even in inner city shootings. The demographic seems to be between 15 to 25 and male. What is it in that age group that has changed in the past 20-30 years ?

Old 03-23-2018, 06:48 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,624,274 times
It sad to see children used for Bloomberg, and Soros funded partisan, political nonsense. The parents are partially to blame to allow this.

There was another shooting in France today. A city, and country where guns are severely restricted from the law abiding, yet terrorists, and criminals still use them illegally.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/588255...an-shoots-cop/

Old 03-23-2018, 06:49 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,191,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Your response is telling. The threat emminates from the Left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
How was that threatening?

"Show of force" in protest terminology is commonly expressed in number of folks marching on your side.

Brother, you sound like your jonesing for a violent confrontation. Chill.
In this context, "show of force" is a threat. I'm not the one 'jonesing' for a show of force or violent confrontation. You guys think our youth are a threat and the best response is a show of firepower. I call that a domestic terrorist threat. Although, I know this is all talk, or, I hope it is. Shiver...

Old 03-23-2018, 06:50 AM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Sounds like a threat. Sounds like you want to gun them all down. Sicko...
And you are part of the problem. Just because the poster you quoted doesn't have the same opinion on this subject you state that he wants to gun them down ? Unbelievable , and many wonder why a rational solutions can't be had. Because one can't have a rational conversation with the many of the anti gun crowd. It's people like you that make us not even want to bother with compromises. You are the sicko for stating that comment SMH....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.