Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 08:00 PM

20,003 posts, read 22,934,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Many of the pro firearms people have offered solutions that actually just might help, but the anti gun crowd fail to understand facts and we end up in a stalemate. The fact you brought up "military weapons" means you are one that ignores facts. Not one of these shootings had a military weapon used. The anti gun crowd use these terms as talking points to further their agenda, completely ignoring the fact that a teen/young adult made a decision to to kill others for whatever reason. That is the problem. Millions of Americans young and old, go about their daily lives never getting to that point. Firearms have been in our society for decades yet these school shootings just now have increased. Something changed in society and it isn't the firearms.
Bull poop. High capacity, semi-auto, the only difference is a sear and selector switch for 3-rd burst.

If you think people are going to play semantics this go around- well you keep thinking that.

Sportsmen and respected 2a rights folks better man-up to the table or next Congressional go-around we may lose a lot more.

Mark my words...

Old 03-23-2018, 08:02 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,895,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would take it more seriously if they had it under Obama, but this just seems like a continuation of "anti-Trump" marches that keep coming.

At that, violence is still lower than in the 80's and 70's, and has been declining since the early 90's.
I'm proud of these young people and agree with them that enough is enough.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah, when I was their age, I was very Liberal and thought I had all the answers to the worlds problems. Everything was black and white at that age.
I say they're doing what the adults should have done for them years ago. Good for them.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:04 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,202,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Many of the pro firearms people have offered solutions that actually just might help, but the anti gun crowd fail to understand facts and we end up in a stalemate. The fact you brought up "military weapons" means you are one that ignores facts. Not one of these shootings had a military weapon used. The anti gun crowd use these terms as talking points to further their agenda, completely ignoring the fact that a teen/young adult made a decision to to kill others for whatever reason. That is the problem. Millions of Americans young and old, go about their daily lives never getting to that point. Firearms have been in our society for decades yet these school shootings just now have increased. Something changed in society and it isn't the firearms.
The point is not what I call them. That matters not. Whatever you want to call them, there are too many and they are too easy to get. That is the bottom line. Guns are made to kill and they are very effective killing machines. Maybe you use them for decoration but too many use them for their intended purpose. To kill. Without easy access, there wouldn't be so many mass shootings. Look at the rest of the civilized world that have higher crime rates but MUCH lower murder rates. The gun is the bull in the china shop here. What one calls it is not.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They are teens with about zero knowledge of the technicalities and complexities of security. They are probably about the last group of people I would listen to.
No one is asking you to listen to them. But Florida's new gun law and the banning of bump stocks means somebody with the power to do something sure is.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
They are not intellectually capable of making rational decisions at their age. They are easy to mold into slogan-chanting bots.
Fortunately we have a Constitution that prevents rash political moves.
Looks to me like there have been some very positive political moves. Look at Florida and at the ban on bump stocks.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Nothing to really be proud of here dot. They are simply following the rest of the herd. Had your nieces and nephews spontaneously decided to take a stand against guns, then I would be impressed. But that isn't the case. They are simply jumping onto the latest bandwagon. Which is completely normal for young people. Hell, it's normal for most people. But again, it's really nothing to be proud of. They are going to protest about things they don't even truly understand. All they know is what they've been told by their elders, social media, teachers, etc. They have not yet reached a point in life where they are truly thinking for themselves or making their own decisions. Ten or twenty years from now, they may very well feel a lot different about the subject of guns and gun rights. Because they will be adults with fully developed brains and real opinions and beliefs of their own. All I can say is I hope you will be equally as proud if one of these nieces or nephews decides they believe in the right to bear arms in the future. Otherwise, you aren't really proud, you are simply pleased that they are going to support your own opinions.
They have a lot of support from adults around them. These kids are tired of school kids being shot. Good for them for finally doing something that adults and politicians should have done forever ago.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
What would these children know about securing human life? They only thing they know how to secure is their smartphones. They have no knowledge of guns, or the current gun laws in place, nor do they have a full grasp of the real world; they're just children! children being used as pawns to push a gun grabbing agenda.
What do they know about guns? Have you been the survivor of a mass shooting where 17 of your friends were killed? When you have, get back to us. Give me a frickin' break.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Yikes. Six of them? I wonder how many of them are really passionate about the cause and how many of them are feeling pressured to attend by what is apparently a very politically focused family. I know, I know, you're going to say all six of them are passionate about the cause...but they're going to say that, aren't they? They don't want the disapproval of their family.
Why yikes? Some people on this forum are so judgmental. How do you know they are feeling pressured? If you don't believe in these demonstrations, don't participate. I for one am extremely proud of these young people.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
And that doesn't make them any more smarter or wiser or have more experience.

Why not just change the constitution to let 14 year olds be president of the United States?

Actually I would rather have a 14 year old as president than what we have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies