Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 05:32 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Progressives really need a honest and clear policy on what the would do with the Million of AR-15 style weapons in the hands of citizens.

Progressives what do you really want, confiscation? Be truthful now.
You mean the 30 to 40 million semi auto rifles!

Old 04-01-2018, 05:34 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
You mean the 30 to 40 million semi auto rifles!
Actually, estimates are higher. It is the most popular, common use rifle in the United States, and people are buying more, and more of them every day because of Hogg, and his Democrat, and Media masters. I wasn't considering getting another one, but I am now.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:37 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Actually, estimates are higher. It is the most popular, common use rifle in the United States, and people are buying more, and more of them every day because of Hogg, and his Democrat, and Media masters. I wasn't considering getting another one, but I am now.
I know I'm the original poster.

No one really knows the exact number but yes thousands of semi auto rifles being sold daily. At times 50,000 guns are sold in a day.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:53 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Progressives really need a honest and clear policy on what the would do with the Million of AR-15 style weapons in the hands of citizens.

Progressives what do you really want, confiscation? Be truthful now.
Gun grabbers wont answer your question, because they're clueless in their plight.

If anti gun folks here want change, tell us exactly what you want (in detail), how exactly you want it enforced, who gets to keep what, does it fall in the same category as bump stocks, is it grandfathered, etc.

You know what....forget it; that's just too much to ask for gun grabbers, Lmao. It would require knowledge of guns and our current gun laws. NVM!

Old 04-01-2018, 06:55 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
No one wants to come and take your gun(s). Say it with me now - no one is coming for your guns. Didn't happen under Clinton, didn't happen under Obama and won't happen under Trump. If you are a law-abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about.

What IS needed is changes to the registration and enforcement mechanisms so that mass shooters have a harder time acquiring weapons rather than just stopping by DIcks, filling their carts then checking into a motel for a shooting spree. The govt can run mass surveillance under the banner of weeding out terrorists but we can't keep kids or concert goers safe from mass shooters ?

They can. We just need some political will to make it happen.
"No one wants to come and take your gun(s)."

Then why do they KEEP SAYING IT?

Maybe if you broaden your news source you would hear it.

"the registration"

I will make you a deal, YOU apply EVERY gun law INCLUDING registration to the FIRST Amendment that is on the books NOW to the SECOND Amendment.

Under our Constitution you do NOT have to "register to exercise a "right", Sorry.

"but we can't keep kids or concert goers safe from mass shooters"

We CAN. Did you the session Trump had wtth school officials and parents?

MANY things ARE being done. Mostly in private schools.

When these things are brought up for discussion all we here is BAN GUNS, REGISTER GUNS etc. etc, etc.

Those that are against guns do NOT listen to any other suggestion.

They IGNORE what REALLY happened at Parkland, The Obama policy of NOT keeping criminal records of school aged kids.

The LOCAL POLICE NOT taking this kid SERIOUS, even with so MUCH info about him.

The FBI FAILING in THEIR duties.

But hey, ignore ALL of this and go after the GUN and legal ordinary people.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:06 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"No one wants to come and take your gun(s)."

Then why do they KEEP SAYING IT?

Maybe if you broaden your news source you would hear it.

"the registration"

I will make you a deal, YOU apply EVERY gun law INCLUDING registration to the FIRST Amendment that is on the books NOW to the SECOND Amendment.

Under our Constitution you do NOT have to "register to exercise a "right", Sorry.

"but we can't keep kids or concert goers safe from mass shooters"

We CAN. Did you the session Trump had wtth school officials and parents?

MANY things ARE being done. Mostly in private schools.

When these things are brought up for discussion all we here is BAN GUNS, REGISTER GUNS etc. etc, etc.

Those that are against guns do NOT listen to any other suggestion.

They IGNORE what REALLY happened at Parkland, The Obama policy of NOT keeping criminal records of school aged kids.

The LOCAL POLICE NOT taking this kid SERIOUS, even with so MUCH info about him.

The FBI FAILING in THEIR duties.

But hey, ignore ALL of this and go after the GUN and legal ordinary people.
All good points. Can't rep you anymore.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Because that's what all the paranoid gun nuts have convinced themselves.

You see, a lot of people who believe in stricter controls on guns actually have lives. They don't spend their entire day dreaming up new schemes to steal the guns of the heroic preppers, races warriors, and Alex Jones fans. They simply think the country has too many guns, which leads to guns too easily getting int the hands of murderous lunatics. That's it.

It's not a bunch of "betas" looking to emasculate the superhuman working class powerless gun nut with the end goal being the enslavement of all neck beards and scrap haulers in FEMA prison camps.

It's very, very simple. You don't have mass shootings in other western countries because you don't have an insane number of guns. Period. This is an undeniable truth. The question is, does the right for everyone to be armed to the teeth with no background checks, licensing, or simple control of volume of ammunition, make sense in 2018?

We have a mass shooting problem because we have more guns than anywhere else.

Gun nuts think it's not important enough an issue to limit access. Most other people think it is. All these kids are asking for is legislation that reflects that desire. I support that idea completely. I don't support confiscation, and that is of course an impossibility anyway. I do support controls on future access and ammunition sales, 100%. I know that this hits at some of your very souls, with so much of your identity boiling down to your ability to have these things..but it's long past the time that the rest of the country stop catering to your power complex.
"We have a mass shooting problem because we have more guns than anywhere else."

First, I disagree with use the word "mass" starting at 4.

To me it is out of context.

Second, we have "mass" shootings BECAUSE the EXISTING laws are NOT being enforced.

Local and federal police are NOT doing their jobs.

School official are NOT doing THEIR jobs.

MOST gun crimes are done by REPEAT offenders.

STOP the revolving door.

STOP plea bargaining down the use of a gun in the commission of a crime.

DO the ENTIRE sentence levied bu the court.

No more," A day off the sentence for every GOOD day served".

Instead ADD a day for every BAD day served.

There are MANY more things that could be done.

"It's very, very simple." ifyouwant to trample on our rights under the cinstitution.

Like has been said, APPLY every LAW IN EXISTENCE TO THE 1ST AMENDMENT THAT IS now APPLIED TO THE 2ND AMENDMENT.

THINK ABOUT THAT FOR AWHILE.

WHAT I FIND IS most PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE no idea ABOUT THE existing LAWS ETC, THAT APPLY TO THE SECOND AMENDMENT.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
There is no permit required to own a full auto rifle.
"There is no permit required to own a full auto rifle"

must get your Federal Firearms License (FFL)

https://rocketffl.com/who-can-own-a-...o-machine-gun/

Permit and license are interchangeable, just like a driver's license or drivers permit, etc.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All good points. Can't rep you anymore.
Thank you!

Old 04-01-2018, 07:31 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"We have a mass shooting problem because we have more guns than anywhere else."
First, I disagree with use the word "mass" starting at 4.
To me it is out of context.
Second, we have "mass" shootings BECAUSE the EXISTING laws are NOT being enforced.
Local and federal police are NOT doing their jobs.
School official are NOT doing THEIR jobs.
MOST gun crimes are done by REPEAT offenders.
STOP the revolving door.
STOP plea bargaining down the use of a gun in the commission of a crime.
DO the ENTIRE sentence levied bu the court.
No more," A day off the sentence for every GOOD day served".
Instead ADD a day for every BAD day served.
There are MANY more things that could be done.
"It's very, very simple." ifyouwant to trample on our rights under the cinstitution.
Like has been said, APPLY every LAW IN EXISTENCE TO THE 1ST AMENDMENT THAT IS now APPLIED TO THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
THINK ABOUT THAT FOR AWHILE.
WHAT I FIND IS most PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE no idea ABOUT THE existing LAWS ETC, THAT APPLY TO THE SECOND AMENDMENT.
Most mass shooters don't even have a criminal history. "Apply every law to the 1st amendment", what in the world is that supposed to mean? And here's what I know about the second amendment, it's not unlimited and the Supreme Court has refused to hear any cases appealing assault weapon bans since Heller and no one is trying to take your guns away but neither God nor Justice Scalia promised you that you could have an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies