Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 05:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I hope those of your ink are trained on iron sights.

I've been shooting since I was a sophomore in HS and I've never used a scope. NEVER.

Nope.

I don't think I have ever shot at anything within 7 yards with my pistols, no scope or red dots.
We are usually see who can hit something the farthest.

I was talking about rifle training with the other comment. and all the extensive training needed to be well regulated in the use of your weapon.
My dad had me trained to out shoot him before I was 10 and I have trained my daughter to out shoot me about the same age. She hits stuff at crazy distances, that I'm not even close.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:08 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,097 times
I saw then David Hogg have his own entry on Encyclopedia Dramatica, I wonder if he should take it as a compliment or as a insult?

Old 03-31-2018, 06:38 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nope.

I don't think I have ever shot at anything within 7 yards with my pistols, no scope or red dots.

I was talking about rifle training with the other comment. and all the extensive training needed to be well regulated in the use of your weapon.
My dad had me trained to out shoot him before I was 10 and I have trained my daughter to out shoot me about the same age. She hits stuff at crazy distances, that I'm not even close.
DPS has qualifications at 3, 7, and 15 yards for the CHL. My personal minimal practice range is 15 yards; I don't think I've bothered with 3 or 7 since the last time I had to qualified and that was a long time ago. If one wants to argue about that qualification standard, argue with Texas. My personal standard is to practice, practice, practice and not only when I have to qualify.

My standard is that it is not enough that I hit but that I must always hit. It is the standard to hit in all modes but admittedly, at the very least, there may be some modes that it is easier to achieve that than others. To clarify what that means, 2 handed right (strong) is the most common mode and there is no reason why that should not be perfect all the time. One handed left (weak), a less common mode, may have difficulty achieving the same accuracy as 2 HD Rt.

Last range day, all rounds on pistol hit at 15, so I took it out to 20 for both hands (strong and weak). When "perfection" is achieved at that range, then another 5 yards out, then another, and so forth. In the past, the max for pistol was 35 but we shall see eventually how far.

I haven't done red dots or lasers yet but that is a consideration from the standpoint of giving me some sort of feedback that I am on target when I don't have my glasses to confirm.

Finally, as far as "in the use of your weapon", my focus is more of "any weapon I pick up I should be able to use it".

Old 03-31-2018, 06:47 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Progressives really need a honest and clear policy on what the would do with the Million of AR-15 style weapons in the hands of citizens.

Progressives what do you really want, confiscation? Be truthful now.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:56 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Progressives really need a honest and clear policy on what the would do with the Million of AR-15 style weapons in the hands of citizens.

Progressives what do you really want, confiscation? Be truthful now.
No one wants to come and take your gun(s). Say it with me now - no one is coming for your guns. Didn't happen under Clinton, didn't happen under Obama and won't happen under Trump. If you are a law-abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about.

What IS needed is changes to the registration and enforcement mechanisms so that mass shooters have a harder time acquiring weapons rather than just stopping by DIcks, filling their carts then checking into a motel for a shooting spree. The govt can run mass surveillance under the banner of weeding out terrorists but we can't keep kids or concert goers safe from mass shooters ?

They can. We just need some political will to make it happen.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:59 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
No one wants to come and take your gun(s). Say it with me now - no one is coming for your guns. If you are a law-abiding citizen you should have nothing to worry about.

Sorry don't buy it. Too many Dem Politicians have said they would take away guns and would do away with the 2nd.

Truth be know. They would ban and then confiscate all AR-15's if they could. This lie ranks with the Obamacare lies.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:02 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The AK IS a FULLY AUTO rifle and is NOT purchased often "at the local sporting good store."

They CAN be bought but is very expensive to get a permit for one.
The AK-47 sold at sporting good stores across the country is NOT a fully automatic rifle. To purchase a fully automatic rifle you'd need to visit a CLASS 3 firearms dealer.. Most local sporting goods dealers do not have a class 3 license.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:23 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
.....What IS needed is changes to the registration and enforcement mechanisms so that mass shooters have a harder time acquiring weapons rather than just stopping by DIcks, filling their carts then checking into a motel for a shooting spree.......
The question is, how does the government do it so not to harm the law abiding citizen?

Time and time again, I have pointed out that as someone who takes her profession very seriously, massive amounts of ammunition is part of my life. Massive, that is, by the definition by others. To me, buying a case (1000-1250 rounds) here and there is nothing; to some others, we-ll.....

We might say get it from the government but three, at least, things.

1. Getting it from the government gives the government the control to disarm people because they can find reasons to say, "Sorry, no ammo for you.".

2. Even if the government is honest, it is the nature in a bureaucracy to err on caution. To say no just to be safe. In a bureaucracy, "It is far easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.".

3. Even if the government is honest and permissive, one will always find bureaucrats who think they know more about what you do than you do and will be in one's way. Ie, "Now, Ms. Ounce, you really don't need to practice with 400 rounds of rifle and 1000 rounds of pistol a month. That's just too expensive. Think how much money could be saved if you did a fifth of that."--said the accountant.

Ever read the novel to the movie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_(film) ? In it, there is a small section about the childhood of the Native American woman character. She was at the library and every word she read that she didn't understand, she would go over to the dictionary to look it up. The librarian noticed the wear in the carpet that her constant trips were making and forbid her from making more than one trip to the dictionary a day. It became so troublesome then to learn that she gave it.

Similar things one might face when their lives are handled by bureaucrats even if they don't have intentions against you.

So......how does one do it?

Old 03-31-2018, 12:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
7 yards! pft! Rookie!
Extensive training... Put the crosshair on your target, zoom in, take a deep breath and make a fist as you slowly exhale through your nose.
Trained!
Hunters are trained at an early age. For me it was 5. for my daughter it was 6. Dropped.
Quote:
Nope.

The 7, 12, 15, etc yards are for simulating real life situations in which deadly force will be used. LEO and other security personnel are not out there acting like they are hunters, they are responding quickly, sometimes under a second, to a close range, deadly force scenario.

Even combat, with numerous exceptions of course, the actual engagement range is not very far. Unlike deer, humans in combat attempt to stay in cover constantly and are firing back at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I realize that but am referring to to the AK fully auto rifle.
Yea, but you did not say that.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:26 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That is what every generation says about the next but they always do greater things
When they grow up. They're still children. This is not a difficult concept. Not sure why it is so hard for some of you to get hour heads around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies