Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 06:28 AM

29,438 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"are modern sporting rifles(ARs,AKs, etc).

I appreciate your concerns for the 2nd amendment BUT, you do the rest of us a GREAT DISSERVICE when you lump the AR style rifles and the AK together as "sporting rifles".

Yes the AR style is BUT the AK certainty is NOT.

Just out of curiosity , why do you say that ? Even though, it is chambered in a more powerful round, the average AK purchased at the local sporting goods store is still just a semi auto. Now if you are talking a pre ban full auto version , then I understand.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:02 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
My version? Stop selling military weapons to the public, no sales of "bump stocks", no sales of high-capacity magazines, no sales of "ghost guns" (Guns that come in pieces, therefore there are no requirements for registration)-period.
what are military weapons?

What is "high-capacity magazines" ? Magazines that have the capacity to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition ?

Again, what exactly do you want to ban?

Old 03-29-2018, 08:16 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleygen View Post
I know that person is just ignorant. Ghost guns, lol. Its not a receiver. They also sell blocks of Aluminum what next ban aluminum, 3d Printers? The leftards have no idea what they are trying to talk about.
yep.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:25 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Beta males are all those fearful, pot bellied rednecks who think they need an AR-15 to feel safe. Real men are not scared all the time.
Your analysis is appreciated. Now if we could get your post out in the public domain for all to see.

Democrats doom themselves with such views. But keep it up!

Old 03-29-2018, 08:46 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You guys can't face reality."

AH, the same old crap. The dems do things for YEARS then blame the repubs for doing it.

Did repubs run to "safe rooms" with their crayons and therapists after clinton and obama won their presidency?

Did they go out into the streets making complete as.ses of themselves with all their crying and screaming, etc?

I don't think so.

Talk about "Pot, meet kettle"!

Did ANY repub who lost the presidential election go on a year plus tour whining and crying, blaming EVERY BODY BUT themselves for his lost as hillary is doing?

No wonder left wingers cling to conspiracy theories, Russia, Russia, Russia!

I haven't seen an original thought from the left in DECADES.
Maybe, you have not seen an original thought in decades, is because of closed eyes and hearts? Just guessing. You don't think people dying needlessly should be addressed?

Remember, when we used to go to school, church, movies, concerts without a worry in the world; the only worry I had was if I had enough carfare to get home from the movies. If my bike would hold up for another day. If I could run without getting a pain in my side.

If I had to worry about getting shot up in school...........I just would not go.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:48 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Beta males are all those fearful, pot bellied rednecks who think they need an AR-15 to feel safe. Real men are not scared all the time.
I don't NEED one...but I am half tempted to go buy one just because I can and because it is fun to shoot it.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:36 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Maybe, you have not seen an original thought in decades, is because of closed eyes and hearts? Just guessing. You don't think people dying needlessly should be addressed?

Remember, when we used to go to school, church, movies, concerts without a worry in the world; the only worry I had was if I had enough carfare to get home from the movies. If my bike would hold up for another day. If I could run without getting a pain in my side.

If I had to worry about getting shot up in school...........I just would not go.
There were 100+ school shootings from 1950 to 1989...They just weren't as sensationalized by the anti-gun media.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:41 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
the "march for our lives" wasn't about guns, for those new to protesting, or attended by mostly 'young people' after all.

89% of the participants were Hillary voters. most participants were female, older, college educated women. average age was 49 with about 10% of participants less than 18.

this "march" was just another anti-trump protest.....by elitists.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a14ea3480c55

Old 03-29-2018, 11:33 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the "march for our lives" wasn't about guns, for those new to protesting, or attended by mostly 'young people' after all.

89% of the participants were Hillary voters. most participants were female, older, college educated women. average age was 49 with about 10% of participants less than 18.

Well, while anecdotally I can see what it was about, and as I posted before, it was just another anti-Trump march for people to complain about things, most of which not even related to Trump, I would have to see the methodology used because if the crowd was 800,000, he undershot a sample size by about a 100, which is pretty significant.

Also, he stated he did a random sample, but in this case a stratified or spacial type sampling may have been better, because I imagine people were clustered in groups and not evenly distributed.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:55 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

So, what does that prove? Are you saying that a demonstration started by young people should only be attended by young people or what? I demonstrated against the Vietnam war when I was young and the demonstrations were attended by people of all ages that doesn't mean that it was about anything other than ending the war in Vietnam, your assumption that the age of the participants means it wasn't about guns is the result of some very convoluted and dubious logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies