Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 09:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I guess....but I would not work with him even if he was an adult....he's being called a kid, but his mouth could use a good tune up...anyone that talks about his F'n parents like that...needs something else done.
Eat more Tide pods maybe?

Old 03-27-2018, 09:59 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
I guess....but I would not work with him even if he was an adult....he's being called a kid, but his mouth could use a good tune up...anyone that talks about his F'n parents like that...needs something else done.
Yeah, beating him will solve everything. Got anymore great parenting tips?

I get this kid completely. He had friends murdered, wants to make a difference to try to prevent as much of that as possible, and has faced nothing but scorn, bullying, lies and death threats from adults for the effort. I would be cursing the adults too at this point. America has lost its mind. I for one am proud to see young people like David try to make change. The youth of America are regularly being maligned as lazy and entitled, but here we are seeing real action to address a serious problem in American society. He and those like him give me hope, because what I'm seeing from the Boomers is frightening. They've led the country to the brink of disaster. The gun nuts who refuse to come to the table and have a rational discussion about guns should be scared. They're going to be left behind, and it's hardly the only issue where this is true.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:12 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Quote:
Hmmm I can think of so called adults in public office that could also use a good tune up. But yet here they are elected to office and supported by many on these boards

Old 03-27-2018, 10:22 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post

I get this kid completely. He had friends murdered, wants to make a difference to try to prevent as much of that as possible, and has faced nothing but scorn, bullying, lies and death threats from adults for the effort. I would be cursing the adults too at this point.
You left out rejected by 4 colleges to which he applied, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, and UC Irvine. Seems the adults at the Admissions Offices don't like him and his attitude, either.

Quote:
America has lost its mind. I for one am proud to see young people like David try to make change. The youth of America are regularly being maligned as lazy and entitled, but here we are seeing real action to address a serious problem in American society.
Real action? Think very carefully about how strict control has worked out... Prohibition? Generated organized crime activity, and people still drank alcohol. Convicted felons are prohibited from buying/possessing guns. They have them anyway. WHY? Criminals don't obey laws. Same reason there's a HUGE problem with BOTH illegal and prescription drug use/addiction in the U.S. Opioids, even legal prescriptions, are very strictly controlled. How's that working out? Solve the drug abuse/addiction problem, yet? Or is it only getting worse?

See what I mean?

Although he's clearly passionate about the issue, David Hogg is disliked because he's demanding an ineffective solution to the problem. He's not using critical thinking skills, or learning from how strict controls on substances/items have always failed in the past. A lot of us have noticed he's irrationally pushing in the wrong direction, and so have the colleges that have rejected him.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:48 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Why do people call David Hogg "kid" is something I can never understand. He was born in 2000, so he will be 18 (maybe he is already 18)

My brother joined the Marine Corps at age of 18. He was an E5 at age of 22, might be 23 (I think, I need to check again.)

He's an adult.

This doesn't mean that I don't believe he is entitled to his opinion. This certainly does not mean that I think he should be called all the nasty names or receiving death threats. But Let's not pretend he is some kind of kid. lol Kid, he is not.

Plus, his "voice" + help from the politicians CAN become law. So yes, he can be criticized, disagreed with. If he cannot take it, don't be an activist.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:52 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:

I get this kid completely. He had friends murdered, wants to make a difference to try to prevent as much of that as possible, and has faced nothing but scorn, bullying, lies and death threats from adults for the effort. I would be cursing the adults too at this point. America has lost its mind. I for one am proud to see young people like David try to make change. The youth of America are regularly being maligned as lazy and entitled, but here we are seeing real action to address a serious problem in American society. He and those like him give me hope, because what I'm seeing from the Boomers is frightening. They've led the country to the brink of disaster. The gun nuts who refuse to come to the table and have a rational discussion about guns should be scared. They're going to be left behind, and it's hardly the only issue where this is true.
Its the anti-gun nuts that cant get it through their thick heads that the true gun nuts are those doing the shootings, the other 99.9999999% of legal gun owners who never have, and never will do anything illegal are not the problem, and calling them names on a regular basis will NOT help your cause.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:58 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Its the anti-gun nuts that cant get it through their thick heads that the true gun nuts are those doing the shootings, the other 99.9999999% of legal gun owners who never have, and never will do anything illegal are not the problem, and calling them names on a regular basis will NOT help your cause.
Yep. Apparently, they haven't learned the lesson from Hillary's loss in 2016. Calling voters "irredeemable deplorables" didn't play out too well at the polls. Calling law-abiding citizens killers and telling them they have blood on their hands won't play out too well in the 2018 midterms, either. They'll vote for the candidates that support their Constitutional Rights.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:00 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

Why does it have to "beating him up"? Why is the left always thinking violence?

If you cannot articulate your argument/discussion without cursing every other word, then you really have no clue (I my mind) what you are even talking about. Cursing like that, shows you are an immature little brat that thinks he is cool because he's calling out his F'n parents....

Old 03-27-2018, 11:00 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
exactly! I've never met ONE responsible gun owner has an unhealthy obsession with their guns. Most don't give it too much thoughts. Guns are just tools, nothing more.

I don't know who is the "nuts", somebody have this irrational fear towards certain weapon, and they tell others "you don't need it, you don't need it." Those people are bullies, maybe they didn't realize it.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:01 AM

3,854 posts, read 2,229,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
No one is turning in their rifles or 30 round mags. Not going to happen.
If they became illegal, most Americans are law abiding and would hand over their guns if that was ever mandated.

A fringe would resist/fight back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies