Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 04:51 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
A total ban is not needed, just some nice strong gun control would be nice for a change.
well, I have already said that I agree with you.

But I don't believe single out semi-auto rifles is the answer. I think if one has passed all the tests (whatever tests those might be), then he/she should be able to obtain the type of weapons of his/her dreams.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:52 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
David Hogg is no "alpha" anything. He is a limp-wristed drama club emo.
But amazingly he has many on this board so scared 5hey have a thread designated to put him down. But here is a hint for all you, none of them gives a crap about the names they are being called here by so called
“adults”

Old 03-26-2018, 05:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What exactly did I claim?

I simply said I didn't want to talk to you. That is not an argument, that is my preference. You keep on coming back and force me to argue, why? I never mentioned anything about knife. I don't even know what I have claimed!

which part of "there is nothing needs to be said between you and I" you don't understand?

I really don't know what I have done to deserve this? First, you implied I reason like Mitch McConnell, then, you said it is impossible to reason with a gun nuts like me, this time, you are saying my premise would fail an intro to English argumentative essay.

Seriously? can't you see why I don't want to talk to you? Maybe learn to respect somebody first, okay? You picked a wrong girl to argue with.

By the way, your argument is full of holes and Ad hominem logical fallacy.
I cite a big word you said in post #635 that I called that logic out on. That word is spelt T-O-O-L, You used the word to describe a weapon of war. You know what the definition of the word tool is? Miriam Webster has multiple definitions of the word and I will break it down for you to see that a knife is a tool as well
1) a handheld device that aids in accomplishing a task. Ok so a gun is handheld and has a task of shooting, so I may not like the title of a tool, but it is a tool. However this definition also fits a knife, which too is handheld and also has the task of cutting and stabbing. So I'm already proving your logical fallacy on the first try.
2) the cutting or shaping part in a machine or machine tool; a machine for shaping metal. This is an irrelevant definition as we aren't talking machinists.
3) something (such as an instrument or apparatus) used in performing an operation or necessary in the practice of a vocation or profession a scholar's books are his tools. Ok so once again a gun is a tool based on this definition with professional hunters, farmers, police, military, etc. as is the knife with farmers, surgeons, professional hunters, chefs, etc. However this definition also brings into play another thing I asked about and that is a car since taxi drivers, delivery drivers, mail carriers, etc. use a car as their instrument to perform an operation.
4) an element of a computer program (such as a graphics application) that activates and controls a particular function a drawing tool. This is irrelevant to anything not computerized so it don't confirm anything.
5) a means to an end; a book's cover can be a marketing tool. The first part is again entirely relevant and perhaps the definition you looked for, but again it opens up for other non gun related mass murders such as mass stabbings and mass vehicular manslaughter.

The other Miriam Webster definitions are more irrelevant to the point but I think you get the general idea by this point. The fact is you opened a Pandora's Box when you called a gun a tool whether it is a hand-held device with a specified rask or a means to an end, you open yourself up to an apples to apples comparison to knives and care. Other people that have used this logic cited well shouldn't we just ban cars and knives then because you are looking at the tool, not the person. The answer is no.

See the problem with guns is the person pulling the trigger on some semi-automatic or damn near automatic weapon thanks to bump stops and unregulated banana clips that hold magazines you only see in video games and movies can shower people with them. Rather than taking a school shooting, let's take Vegas for example. The gunman used a bump stop and had banana clips for his AR-15 or how it should be called, a weapon of war. Because of this he killed about 50 people and injured hundreds more when he rained bullets down onto guests below. Now should the same guy use a different tool to commit his act of insanity, well he might be able to stab about 20 people tops, as the largest mass stabbing was committed by 8 people killed 30 and leaving 140 injured in Turkey back four years ago (about 4 dead and 17 injured per assailant.) 20 people versus 200 people and you can't tell me the type of tool isn't the problem?

Just face the fact, I asked you a question because you were wrong that the tool is irrelevant, the person with the tool is. When I asked you about it you cited a previous issue I had with you that was mostly unrelated despite being in the same thread because you couldn't answer my question because you knew I was right and I proved you wrong. I'm sorry you were wrong. You can help by admitting that you were wrong. Admittance is the first step to recovery.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:18 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
But amazingly he has many on this board so scared 5hey have a thread designated to put him down. But here is a hint for all you, none of them gives a crap about the names they are being called here by so called
“adults”
The fact that they attack his masculinity is pretty pathetic. Especially since ones masculinity holds no barring the strength of ones argument.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:19 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I cite a big word you said in post #635 that I called that logic out on. That word is spelt T-O-O-L, You used the word to describe a weapon of war. You know what the definition of the word tool is? Miriam Webster has multiple definitions of the word and I will break it down for you to see that a knife is a tool as well
1) a handheld device that aids in accomplishing a task. Ok so a gun is handheld and has a task of shooting, so I may not like the title of a tool, but it is a tool. However this definition also fits a knife, which too is handheld and also has the task of cutting and stabbing. So I'm already proving your logical fallacy on the first try.
2) the cutting or shaping part in a machine or machine tool; a machine for shaping metal. This is an irrelevant definition as we aren't talking machinists.
3) something (such as an instrument or apparatus) used in performing an operation or necessary in the practice of a vocation or profession a scholar's books are his tools. Ok so once again a gun is a tool based on this definition with professional hunters, farmers, police, military, etc. as is the knife with farmers, surgeons, professional hunters, chefs, etc. However this definition also brings into play another thing I asked about and that is a car since taxi drivers, delivery drivers, mail carriers, etc. use a car as their instrument to perform an operation.
4) an element of a computer program (such as a graphics application) that activates and controls a particular function a drawing tool. This is irrelevant to anything not computerized so it don't confirm anything.
5) a means to an end; a book's cover can be a marketing tool. The first part is again entirely relevant and perhaps the definition you looked for, but again it opens up for other non gun related mass murders such as mass stabbings and mass vehicular manslaughter.

The other Miriam Webster definitions are more irrelevant to the point but I think you get the general idea by this point. The fact is you opened a Pandora's Box when you called a gun a tool whether it is a hand-held device with a specified rask or a means to an end, you open yourself up to an apples to apples comparison to knives and care. Other people that have used this logic cited well shouldn't we just ban cars and knives then because you are looking at the tool, not the person. The answer is no.

See the problem with guns is the person pulling the trigger on some semi-automatic or damn near automatic weapon thanks to bump stops and unregulated banana clips that hold magazines you only see in video games and movies can shower people with them. Rather than taking a school shooting, let's take Vegas for example. The gunman used a bump stop and had banana clips for his AR-15 or how it should be called, a weapon of war. Because of this he killed about 50 people and injured hundreds more when he rained bullets down onto guests below. Now should the same guy use a different tool to commit his act of insanity, well he might be able to stab about 20 people tops, as the largest mass stabbing was committed by 8 people killed 30 and leaving 140 injured in Turkey back four years ago (about 4 dead and 17 injured per assailant.) 20 people versus 200 people and you can't tell me the type of tool isn't the problem?

Just face the fact, I asked you a question because you were wrong that the tool is irrelevant, the person with the tool is. When I asked you about it you cited a previous issue I had with you that was mostly unrelated despite being in the same thread because you couldn't answer my question because you knew I was right and I proved you wrong. I'm sorry you were wrong. You can help by admitting that you were wrong. Admittance is the first step to recovery.

Too long to read.

I don't want to talk to you. You need to accept it and move on.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:21 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
It is what it is don't know what else to call it. I understand though freedom to own instruments of death is more important than dead people.
No, it's "not it is what is is." You should do some research prior to posting, that way you could actually look some what respectable when you attempt to try and discuss..... which you are clearly failing...

Old 03-26-2018, 05:26 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The hopes and dreams of the gun lobby, the gun friendly politicians and the gun nuts that complain about high capacity magazines or high caliber bullets are banned despite almost universal support of the ban.
"High caliber bullet"??????

What is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It also takes a certain amount of skill to make a bomb. It takes basically zero to shoot a gun, especially in a crowded place with indiscriminate targets.

It seems we are in some bizarre dimension where we have to humor the overgrown children and their toys.
Zero skill to shoot a gun?

So you think that the snipers who hit their mark over hundreds of yards have zero skill? Perhaps you think someone shooting at mines on a rolling deck has zero skill?

Now, for your scenario of creating a turkey shoot, perhaps, but I've seen people at the range go BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM at 15 yards and hit nothing because they don't know to shoot. Probably jerking the trigger, probably having the whole finger wrapped around it.

Marksmanship is a trained skill and one that needs to be practiced; otherwise, one's accuracy fades rather quickly.

It is hardly of zero skill.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-26-2018 at 05:38 PM..

Old 03-26-2018, 05:27 PM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Can explain your comment ?

Old 03-26-2018, 05:27 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
And where are you getting this idea from?
It's not an idea, these are FBI stats.....sorry to disappoint you.

Quote:
To highlight the ease it is to kill with such weapons. An individual doesn't need any formal training or skill to be able to mass murder 60 people and injure 850 at distance or up close. I thought that point was pretty self explanatory.
You are the one who brought up the military, not me. And you clearly contridict yourself

Quote:
Pistols are far more common, hence they are used more. And yeah they are a huge problem in this country. We are discussing the AR-15 here specifically because of its more recent used in mass shootings. I would imagine comprehensive gun control measures would absolutely include semi-auto handguns.
Ohhhhhh...lookie, a little bit of honesty.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
GOP=Guns Over People
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies