Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 04:03 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
When Trump was elected our pastor had a hard time containing his glee. He has definitely soured on Trump BUT...
make no mistake. He would not change his vote.
It is ALL ABOUT SCOTUS picks
Trump could divorce Melania and turn the Whitehouse into the playboy mansion and they would look the other way as long as they got SCOTUS picks.
Clinton did that with real evidence, the blue dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 04:33 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
P.J. O'Rourke (no lefty by the way) had it right. The republicans believe that the government can't do anything right. Then they get elected and prove it.
Nailed it.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:59 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Republicans would not work with Clinton to protect the country even. He submitted intelligence on potential threats to the US and it was ignored. Why d'ya think Bush looked so glazed over when he was told of 9/11? How genuine was Condee Rice when she said " who knew our own planes would be used against us?"
The Bush administration knew. And it happened. By the Saudi s. So Bush could start a war.

Who went to China and sold the US for war money? To avenge his daddy s honor ?
The Bush Administration.

Who is in debt to China for those deals ?
Not the Bush Administration. He and Cheney made out big time and the Saudi s have escaped accountability for 9/11.

If Trump is going to "fix" all that. Great.

However, we have one more Republican POTUS in office that is beholden to the Saudis on a personal level.
After Qutar refused to lend Kushner $$ for his $$ jeapordized Manhattan building, Trump declared Qutar to harbor / support Terrorists .
After Kushner s midnight run to Saudi princes home with a copy of Trump intel briefing that contained names of the princes "enemies", said enemies were rounded up, helicopter crashed, and we don't hear of Kushners building being in any more $$ jeopardy. And Kushner s suddenly "lost" his security clearance. He s disappeared. So has Ivanka. They can rest assured.

Trouble will again follow for the USA, innocent people will be killed, but not for the Trump Administration. Trump and his family will make out just fine.

Democrats who have sinned are punished.
Republicans who sin get a "mulligan" and just get richer.

Who wants that system ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
"Yes thats how that went down in 2004 and you can dissect my claims but facts will destroy you. I have 20 years of bookmarks and most of them still work."

Repeated for the lazy and the literacy challenged.

What lies. Be specific and provide references. I certainly gave you plenty of material to work with. My piece was obviously opinion but all op eds contain factual claims to support. Feel free to educate me on my errors. You Clinton drones have spent years depending on ignorance as a platform. His policies and crimes resulted in the scant few huge factors that every American accepts as the bitter pills we swallow every day. 9/11 and its effects on consumer confidence. China and its contempt of our patents. US corporations closing factories and importing from overseas. High risk mortgages and inability of Americans to pay them as their factory jobs were replaced by service sector.
All connected to Bills actions.

I shouldnt have to prove this to anyone with a sharp memory.

At the beginning of his administration virtually every consumer product one bought at a store you would turn it over and look at the bottom. Underneath was molded in or a sticker saying "US patent number" and a seven digit number.

Less than a decade later this format completely disappeared. Now replaced with the words "made in china" about 80% of the time the remainder another country rarely the US.

Go ahead tell me thats a lie I dare you.

How did that happen and what is the deeper problem?

Patents became useless. Wall street transformed from a vital institution connecting capital to ideas which became factories and jobs, to scam artists who invent new vehicles of fortune like junk mortgage bonds or simply join tbe selling off of assets to foreign investments. Yes when he facilitated the closing of our factories with trade junkets to china, we got cheaper consumer goods in the short term and he balanced the budget as stockholders paid taxes as they reaped massive profits divesting their companies of now unneeded real estate and real assets. Look at his employment figures. Net gain, but millions of factory jobs vanished replaced with service sector jobs that plunged after 9/11 and didnt pay enough to sustain adjustable rate mortgage payments.

This is all reality a teenager can understand no MBA required and its stupid to think trump could reverse any of it.

However putting the people who caused it back in the white house would be insane.

Deny as you wish. Lose in 2020.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:01 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They don't remember that little bit of history.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:05 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
But Clinton wasn’t playing for the Religious folks votes as Trump has. By the way there are more real evidence on Trump than just a blue dress.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:52 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Kushner's 500 million dollar loans for the "family business" from two banks now under investigation by WH ethics office
The investigation was begun before a Democratic Congressman sent a letter asking if it was worth investigating --and apparently it was ....
He really couldn't believe the WH opened an investigation At all from how he sounded on Rachel Maddow tonight...but Kushner's attorney Mr. Lowell is going to be busy, busy...

Old 03-27-2018, 04:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
If HRC lied as much as Trump, where are the lists of those examples -- even from a conservative news source like Fox---
They aren't there because she didn't do it
Maybe you THINK she lied because she said things that conspiracy websites and uber right blogs claim are false---but that's on you for using a flawed source as verification...

Trump lies and everyone knows it because Trump admits it, contradicts himself, has his WH or attorneys or friends contradict it...
Here's a list of 10 Hillary Clinton lies... use as a handy reference point:https://byteboy.wordpress.com/2008/0...-clinton-lies/

Old 03-27-2018, 05:30 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And frankly the GOP got that point before Dems
Obama should have done a recess appointment right away when McConnell stalled
That would have been quite a gamble on Obama's part, considering the fact that, in 2014, SCOTUS overturned a handful of 2012 Obama appointments by a 9-0 vote.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:42 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Republicans would not work with Clinton to protect the country even. He submitted intelligence on potential threats to the US and it was ignored. Why d'ya think Bush looked so glazed over when he was told of 9/11? How genuine was Condee Rice when she said " who knew our own planes would be used against us?"
The Bush administration knew. And it happened. By the Saudi s. So Bush could start a war.

The Bush Administration.

Not the Bush Administration. He and Cheney made out big time and the Saudi s have escaped accountability for 9/11.

However, we have one more Republican POTUS in office that is beholden to the Saudis on a personal level.
After Qutar refused to lend Kushner $$ for his $$ jeapordized Manhattan building, Trump declared Qutar to harbor / support Terrorists .
After Kushner s midnight run to Saudi princes home with a copy of Trump intel briefing that contained names of the princes "enemies", said enemies were rounded up, helicopter crashed, and we don't hear of Kushners building being in any more $$ jeopardy. And Kushner s suddenly "lost" his security clearance. He s disappeared. So has Ivanka. They can rest assured.

Trouble will again follow for the USA, innocent people will be killed, but not for the Trump Administration. Trump and his family will make out just fine.

Who wants that system ?
Republicans, of course.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:44 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post

The Bush Administration.

Who wants that system ?
You have a bizarre interpretation of history.
No matter. My post was toward another user requesting he specify what "lies" he meant when referring to my previous post.
You didnt specify any either but your own ramble seems to have a few so I will initiate a few pointed rebuttals.

1. Why did Clinton need to give intel to Republicans (in congress?) and wait for them to take some action to protect the country? Isnt Clinton CinC? Critics of the Iraq war claim Bush led congress by the nose and they did his bidding. Bizarre how these roles get reversed.
Conclusion: I would call your claim stupid but its actually pretty accurate. Clinton was such a pathetic CinC that blaming congress for his absentee leadership is plausible. He was a no show as CinC, unwilling to take any decisive action. This is part of what invited al qaeda to commit 9/11.
2. Why should the Saudis be accountable for 9/11? It was not a government sanctioned attack and OBL was expelled.
Moreover we owe the Royal family almost all of the credit for our national wealth. Google petrodollars.Its the main reason we removed Saddam.
3. Show me documentation to support your claim that Bush and Cheney personally profited from the Iraq war.
I believe it is quite the opposite in fact Cheney and his wife had an agreement that any profit realizes from Halliburton stock options due to events when he was in office would be entirely donated to charity. (I just checked that again with several sources. Its true.)
4. Your claims about Bush and China are nonsense.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996...ce_controversy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comm...on_controversy

That was all Clinton the two articles above present just two aspects of his assistance to Chinese industrial development.
Clinton had his own attorney general investigate and Janet Reno of course found no wrongdoing. Absurd.
http://www.independentsentinel.com/l...-gate-scandal/
5. Starting a war to avenge something about his daddy is not only preposterous its impossible under the constitution. Is that why Hillary voted for it? Dumbest argument ever.

I could go on but these were some glaring points.
I posted two long rants already, I invite anyone to specify anything they think is s "lie".

Last edited by phinneas j. whoopee; 03-27-2018 at 08:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies