Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 10:25 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,413,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump can be his own worse enemy, he doesn't need any help from the Dems.
I do suspect that they will continue to undermine his ideas for policy and block and defy his attempts to enforce our existing laws such as those that are in place to protect our borders. Sanctuary cities are a joke and a big middle finger to Trump.

The Dems have a vision for America and it is not pretty in the eyes of a Conservative.

The Dems will keep up the pressure on Trump until 2020 when they will hope that they made enough of a mess to cast doubt in to the minds of enough voters to make Trump a one term President.

That has been their plan from the day he won.
After all the recent comments why she lost the election by the former leader of the Democratic party...Hillary.....are you hoping she will run again?

Democrats seem to think bashing Trump is their ticket to the 2020 presidential election...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 10:26 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
When Trump was elected our pastor had a hard time containing his glee. He has definitely soured on Trump BUT...
make no mistake. He would not change his vote.
It is ALL ABOUT SCOTUS picks
Trump could divorce Melania and turn the Whitehouse into the playboy mansion and they would look the other way as long as they got SCOTUS picks.
And frankly the GOP got that point before Dems
Obama should have done a recess appointment right away when McConnell stalled

Old 03-26-2018, 10:32 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Not if his lawyer legitimately paid her out of pocket.
We really need to suspend belief to actually accept that though. Everything in this world is driven by money. No one "takes the fall" for someone else without something in return. Is it possible the lawyer was not reimbursed? Sure. Is it possible he was reimbursed by some other means? Certainly.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Hmmm...did you happen to watch last night's segment of "The Kennedys" on CNN? I did. It featured some home movies showing newlywed JFK's hand prominently on his friend's wife's butt. With Jackie present.

He wouldn't leave France to come to Jackie's side after she suffered a premature stillbirth and hemorrhaging...until, of course, he was warned that such heartless actions would affect his Presidential run. And then of course there was HIS womanizing. Well known. All while Jackie bore three children...one of whom died...as well as the stillbirth and a miscarriage.

Why are Democrats suddenly finding Donald Trump's past womanizing behavior NEWSWORTHY?
I was in highschool when Kennedy was shot
In jr high when he ran
And saw that episode
No news then really about his womanizing
Private life was controlled easier, less vulnerable to exposure then

If you support Trump likely you hate any MSM beside Fox and other alt right info sources
The alt right had no trouble putting Clinton in the spotlight w/legitimate and not so legitimate sources

I would respect your argument more if you admitted the hypocrisy behind two standards for politicians of both parties
If you deny it exists then that is just more hypocrisy...

Old 03-26-2018, 10:51 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
As I predicted, the Stormy interview was a bust and nothingburger. Like I said in my previous thread Do they really have anything on Trump or is it a ratings ploy? I proposed a theory that the U.S. media has nothing on Trump as far as warranting impeachment but rather is using his name to bring in an easy high ratings yield for their networks when they ordinarily couldn't. Dragging the public through a constant cycle of new fabricated or exaggerated stories with the assumption that they have some damning evidence when in reality is nothing but recycled bits of information from what was already public knowledge or salacious details from his playboy lifestyle. I think people forget that this isn't the 70s Nixon era anymore. It wouldn't take "years" to bring down a president in this technological era if they were truly engaged or propagating illicit behavior. Liberals, it's time to wake up and face the music. Trump isn't going anywhere.
There are two hopes from those suffering with TDS.

One is they hope that things that caused politicians to quit in the past (personal scandal, saying something un-PC so they can call label them ___ist, ___phone, etc.) will cause him to throw up his hands, say I am fed up with all this crap and leave office.
Needless to say that is not going to happen because he has think skin and will not play along with their gotcha politics.

However and much more likely they know this, and are doing everything in the power to tie him up which helps to keep some of his agenda from being done.
Remember the media has gone hard left, just like the party they represent, the Democrats. Thus they will try to damage/distract him in any way they can. Of course along they way they expose themselves as being shills for the (D's), and drag what is left of their so called "profession" through the mud. However that was clearly exposed during the election with numerous examples.
Heck even the NYT acknowledged their disconnect with society, yet within days of saying they were going to reevaluate themselves, they were right back to their uber leftist/liberal reporting.
So the MSM figures they are already tainted and not trusted, so they will go for ratings among the koolaid drinkers.

`

Old 03-26-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Next on Trump's agenda --bringing down the Republican party.

GOP of law and order, balanced budgets, free trade, and traditional values is:
To start this conversation off I will say the entrenched establishment belt way republican party need to be brought down....there I said it.

Quote:
- Accusing the FBI/CIA of being deep state conspirators.
There is a lot of evidence the top level of the FBI was corrupt.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ls_of_fbi.html

Quote:
- Passing tax and omnibus bills that add trillions to the national debt.
While I am concerned about the increase in the national debt I was more concerned about the unfunded military and the crumbing national infrastructure. After eight years of increased national debt under Obama which did nothing for fixing infrastructure and a demise of our military readiness I see the new budget to fix those problem neglected by our prior administration.
I also remember the stimulus 'shovel ready' that failed to fix a damn thing. After the wasted money spent to bail out both auto industries and big banks and the elimination of auto manufacturers, parts plants and dealerships being the trade off for the bailouts, the money paid to failing companies for political donation like Solyndra. I could go on but I am sure you get the point of all this.

Quote:
- Launching tariff and trade wars.
After years of trade deficits with China I see the new tariffs as refreshing. Let China bring it on. I believe it will hurt China a lot more then it will the US.

Quote:
- Running cover for Trump while he is undermining the Constitution.
Wow, just wow....who exactly is undermining the US Constitution? Its the left who is attacking both the 1st and 2nd amendments.
If you have some secret information of Trump undermining the Constitution bring it on.

Quote:
We'll just leave the "traditional family values" out of it for the moment.
Go ahead I will wait.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Obstruction of justice is still against the law.
You listen to Devin Nunes to much.

Quote:
They don't like it when their own tactics are used against them.
Both sides use political tactics against their opponents....Steel Dossier anyone?

Quote:
Your side has Trump and Roy Moore. Poison.
And your side has Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and Pocahontas.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
After all the recent comments why she lost the election by the former leader of the Democratic party...Hillary.....are you hoping she will run again?

Democrats seem to think bashing Trump is their ticket to the 2020 presidential election...
And Trump supports seem to think bashing HRC who won't run and wasn't indicted in Benghazi investigations will continue to deflect/protect Trump from any mistakes, legal or otherwise, he made and will make...

Old 03-26-2018, 11:16 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
P.J. O'Rourke (no lefty by the way) had it right. The republicans believe that the government can't do anything right. Then they get elected and prove it.
But you do enjoy your pay raise, don't you?
And if you run a business, you probably enjoy the benefit of some reduction in paperwork and regulation, or perhaps you enjoy the influx of new customers who now have a job.

So it ain't all bad.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:36 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I'd say his poll numbers but they were never up to begin with. I guess his administration is tumbling. close to 50% turnover. His accomplishments leave a lot to be desired. One tax giveaway to the rich will be his only "accomplishment".
Except that it is a tax cut for 80% of taxpayers, not just for "the rich."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies