Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 08:50 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Christians in my state and district (SC) looked the other way when they elected Mark Sanford as our House Rep after the whole debacle with him cheating on his wife with a mistress from Brazil (or was it Argentina?) while governor.

Yet, these same people were clamoring for Bill Clinton's head about 12 years prior to that. The circumstances might not be identical, but there is no consistency. In many cases, the acceptance of behavior like this is simply linked to the party and has nothing to do with actual morals.
Sanford was a head scratcher. I remember reading about him disappearing for a while, then claiming he was hike the Appalachian trail. He was actually cavorting with his mistress in Argentina.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...profile-214791

Apparently, he's got razor sharp political instincts.

So does Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 08:54 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Better Call Saul

Saul Goodman.

I'll go with Law Prof. Turley and Dershowitz
I guess you would
Remember Dershowitz started his climb w/the OJ defense
And Turley hasn't seen all the evidence

Old 03-26-2018, 09:04 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
I think one valid point brought out by the women Trump cheated on Melania with is that it shows his true character. If you can disrespect and humiliate the one person you are closest too that had just given birth to your child, then would you trust that person with anything else important to you? How many of you Trump supporters would want trump to manage your personal money given his history with ripping off people and filing bankruptcy? Anybody? Not me.

If the answer is no, then why would you want to trust someone with such suspect character to run our country? Should we just cover up all of the corruption and salacious details because it's Donald Trump? We have a president who would most likely not be able to get a security clearance, we have cabinet members that can't get security clearances, we have a president with a deeply flawed character. Is the MSM's fault ? Nope. Trump makes it so easy to paint him in a negative light.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:06 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
What's next on the bring down Trump agenda?
Judging by the number of "Trump is bringing himself down" responses from The Left, they have no idea what to do. Everything they have tried has backfired. There is almost no one left who actually believes the tax cut did not effect the working wage earners. All they can do for now is scream about "chaos".

Now they are screaming about John Bolton, and I am sure they will do what they can to prevent his confirmation, but that, too, will backfire. The public can see for themselves who is the culprit in these confirmations.

If the Dems win back The House in 2018, they may go straight to impeachment, but it will not result in a surge of popularity. The leaders of the Democratic Party are among the most unpopular people in America. If someone believes they see 'chaos' now, well, they ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:09 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
No I’m not surprised and I’m sure there are many others. What I am surprised is all of those Christians on the right that have so easily accepted that type of behavior as ok with them.

Hypocrites
When Trump was elected our pastor had a hard time containing his glee. He has definitely soured on Trump BUT...
make no mistake. He would not change his vote.
It is ALL ABOUT SCOTUS picks
Trump could divorce Melania and turn the Whitehouse into the playboy mansion and they would look the other way as long as they got SCOTUS picks.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:16 AM

Next on Trump's agenda --bringing down the Republican party.

GOP of law and order, balanced budgets, free trade, and traditional values is:

- Accusing the FBI/CIA of being deep state conspirators.

- Passing tax and omnibus bills that add trillions to the national debt.

- Launching tariff and trade wars.

- Running cover for Trump while he is undermining the Constitution.

We'll just leave the "traditional family values" out of it for the moment.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
When Trump was elected our pastor had a hard time containing his glee. He has definitely soured on Trump BUT...
make no mistake. He would not change his vote.
It is ALL ABOUT SCOTUS picks
Trump could divorce Melania and turn the Whitehouse into the playboy mansion and they would look the other way as long as they got SCOTUS picks.
I think you are on to something here.

The anticipation of forcing their religion on everyone keeps the religious right in Trump's corner.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:23 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I think you are on to something here.

The anticipation of forcing their religion on everyone keeps the religious right in Trump's corner.
Bingo.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:31 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
This was just more fuel for the systematic attempt by the left to remove Trump from office. You can bet Obama had his mistresses and affairs and the mainstream media wouldn't touch it because he's on their side. The left has totally lost it and will do anything to regain control so they can drive the US into the ground and turn it into a progressive nirvana. NPR over the weekend was promoting the in-your-face progressive liberal agenda and it was sicking to hear - had to turn it off it was so blatant.

Here's hoping Trumps new appointees start going after the real bad actors in D.C. Drain the swamp and lock her up.
If there was any dirt on Obama the right wing media (Fox, Breitbart, etc.) would have dug it up and hammered on it 24/7. But there was nothing. Nada. Zippo. Whether or not you liked Obama, you have to admit (if you're honest) that in the marriage department he was true blue.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:34 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Next on Trump's agenda --bringing down the Republican party.

GOP of law and order, balanced budgets, free trade, and traditional values is:

- Accusing the FBI/CIA of being deep state conspirators.

- Passing tax and omnibus bills that add trillions to the national debt.

- Launching tariff and trade wars.

- Running cover for Trump while he is undermining the Constitution.

We'll just leave the "traditional family values" out of it for the moment.
P.J. O'Rourke (no lefty by the way) had it right. The republicans believe that the government can't do anything right. Then they get elected and prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies