Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 09:01 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have never known people that make their living telling jokes to bring laughter, being politically correct or afraid of offending anyone, until today.

If this crap keeps up, there will be no jokes toward Islam, blacks, women, gays... You will only be able to offend and make fun of straight white christian males. All else will be punishable by jail for "hate speech"

Dude give it a rest. She has a right exercise her free speech however she wants. However her boss has the right to terminate her employment if they feel what she says hurts their brand.

You are fine with the NFL disciplining players who don't stand for the flag (which I am too) because it offends you but Roseanne can do whatever she wants because racist black jokes don't offend you?

Old 05-30-2018, 09:02 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,210,728 times
Looks like there is a black radio show host in L.A. that has a picture posted of Jarret and comparison to an ape. You may have to scroll down a little to see it...

https://twitter.com/larryelder

Old 05-30-2018, 09:04 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The maker of Ambien responds: "racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992
I was wondering when it would happen.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:06 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You had best believe it. We have very clear rules about social media. If you are posting something that damages the company's image in some way - you are surely subject to censure and potentially getting fired. So I am really surprised that the "conservatives" on this site are taking Roseanne's side.
They are taking her side because they agree with her. If you've been on this site long enough and read enough vile posts you know that to be true.

In the age of Trump, the term "Conservative" has become synonymous with racism and hate speech.

What surprises me is that true conservatives sit back and let their ideology be hijacked by such hate, but they seem content to do so.

Last edited by JAMS14; 05-30-2018 at 09:14 AM..

Old 05-30-2018, 09:13 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
The right was howling for and gleeful at Kathy Griffin's departure. Her firing shows that there is a red line that applies to both left and right. Both Griffen and Barr crossed it

Old 05-30-2018, 09:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They are taking her side because they agree with her. If you've been on this site long enough and read enough of the vile posts you know that to be true.

In the age of Trump, the term "Conservative" has become synonymous with racism and hate speech.

What surprises me is that true conservatives sit back and let their ideology be hijacked by such hate, but they seem content to do so.
Meagan McCain on the view clearly and firmly stated -- THIS IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE thing. It isn't -- it just isn't.

Not all conservatives are sitting back.

Yes -- on social media and message boards, folks will defend anything in the name of conservatism but I don't believe that to represent ALL conservatives.

Roseanne is off her rocker. She always has been. We glossed over her well known outrageous behaviour and stories of how she made the set of the original Roseanne unbearable. I think folks had hoped she had grown up, gotten some medication or help. She hasn't.

While she apologized she then cam back and ranted even more -- retweeting fake news pictures and stories of other celebrities to try and drag them down. She's a mess.

Nobody can defend her.

ABC did not silence her -- she still has a voice and is using it.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:22 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The right was howling for and gleeful at Kathy Griffin's departure. Her firing shows that there is a red line that applies to both left and right. Both Griffen and Barr crossed it
Except Griffin retracted her apology and is making a comeback. As long as you hate Trump, all is forgiven apparently.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:23 AM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
We know that gang members are criminals. The objection is tossing around words like "animals" to refer to people who are not white.

I don't see Trump referring to the Klan as "animals."

When I do, I will revisit my thoughts on this subject.

I think the reason might be that the Klan is a joke. The body count of MS-13 is quite relevant. Your entire mythology is merely a campaign tactic by leftist politicians in particular who are bankrupt on policy. Its the same think corrupt right wing nuts do with muh family values. caught stealing? Pass an anti Sodomy law and say a prayer. That is what you are doing leftist stye.

There is no significant Klan wave. There are no coordinated gangs of whites killing the "mud people". That's why the most damning evidence is typically some idiot saying racist bad things or leaving "racist notes" ,the latter of which tend to be hoaxes half the time. Sure you have racial tensions and bias but no more than other races.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
For those who will miss the Roseanne show, just wait, I bet that Fox picks up her show...
yes, but without any of he costars or production staff. She can just stand before the camera and bemuse us by reading her racist tweets and inane stream of consciousness. Would probably be a big hit in certain demographics.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:28 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
There’s nothing to pick up. The rest of the cast and crew members don’t want anything to do with her now. She burned whatever bridges she had left. She’s toast.
She tweeted that the show is done for good. I'm kinda surprised that Amazon Prime still has Rosanne available for streaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies