Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 01:50 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

You and your buddies are the ones who deflect. I ask you guys, over and over and over again, if you've served in the military, and if not, why not, but NOT ONE of you has EVER answered my question.

So, I'll ask again: If you're so concerned about your Constitutional rights and defense, have you defended our country by serving in the military? If not, why not?
The topic of this thread is not the military service record of any individual, up to and including that of Mr. Triangle Face.

Rather, the topic is Mr. Triangle Face’s appalling inability to gracefully deal with public criticism he himself precipitated by his own words.

Please exercise some badly needed intellectual discipline by getting back on point, and avoid these lame attempts to sidetrack the discussion in the future.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:52 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Love it. Ingraham got her bullying butt kicked by high school kid. Having survived a school massacre and being justifiably concerned about school safety Hogg has now been targeted not by bullets but by the alt right with character assasination and ridicule. Shame on Ingraham and her ilk.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:58 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
"Ill-conceived apology", complete with crocodile tears for her lost income.

If she had offered any sort of sincere apology, he might have accepted it. Saying she was doing it "in the spirit of Holy Week" was a crock of cranberries and totally transparent. Everyone knew by that time she was hemorrhaging advertisers and therefore disposable dollars. She got exactly what she bargained for.
She have been more holy in Holy Week anyway, and never mocked him in the first place. In the spirit of Holy Week she should have been much nicer, and not so mean spirited and hateful. All that blew up in her face, and she should be embarrassed.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:00 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The fact that you are trying to strawman me as accepting another persons positions because I mention that it is free speech is just sad.

I will support the declaration of views expressed non-violently or without incitement of violence, even if I do not agree with those views.

If you have a problem with that then fine, but please try to not get confused in the future on the topic. Thanks in advance.

I'd never heard of her before this thread.

Sure she has a right, within the confines of what her employer deems acceptable. I absolutely support that.

I also support the right of all the advertisers who pulled their accounts as representative as their right to free speech.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-31-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The louder the GOP screams about him, the more publicity he gets and the more importance he takes on. He isn't taking power from anybody. He doesn't need to. The republicans are GIVING David Hogg the power to manipulate them and he's obviously savvy enough to work it.

Keep talking, troops.
Exactly, I agree 100%, they only have themselves to blame. But, let them keep it up, this kid got staying power.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
right wing "extremists"?

Please show evidence of extremism...
Is there anybody on your side left in the middle these days? Moderates are endangered species.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh no, profanity! Harsh language!

Dude, you voted for McPussyGrabber, you have forever lost the moral high ground on decorum.
Amen to that one.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:09 PM

45,393 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Is there anybody on your side left in the middle these days? Moderates are endangered species.

The same could be said for the other side. In any event, anyone who doesn't agree with the progressive agenda is considered a right winger.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:56 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You are way over the line in this remarks, and it should be deleted.
Nope--you have no right to demand someone delete the truth. How dare you!

Old 03-31-2018, 02:58 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The left murders babies every day in abortion clinics and the NRA who has never done anything but stick up for our constitutional rights are murderers? Anybody saying this has to be a certified nut.
The NRA sticks up for gun manufacturers, not constitutional rights. Time to put the koolaid down for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I still cannot get over how stupid this whole situation is.

Anyone that knows me on this forum, would know that I am actually sensitive to certain issues in life.

Now, if Ingraham had tweeted something legitimately offensive such as a racial, sexist, religious, or whatever comment, then I would have wholeheartedly agreed that she deserved what she got.

But all she did was post out legend in his own mind camera hogg's whining about not being accepted into UC, his implication being that based on his 'heroism' on this gun control nonsense, the UC schools should have made an exception for him.

And camera hogg made a mountain out of a molehill, and I am truly disgusted at those adults who enabled this fool. This is the same camera hogg that insulted Republicans, OLD people, and others far worse than what Ingraham posted.

I wonder if the adults that enable fools like hogg realize that young people like him mock and despise older people. Jeezus this whole thing is soooo stupid.
Perhaps you are familiar with the word, slander. If not, it's the oral defamation of one's character, and can be used for the basis for a lawsuit. When a public figure with a huge platform and audience slanders someone, much less a minor, there should be consequences in some form, if not in court then in the court of public opinion. Justice prevailed this day.

Hogg never whined, nor did he make any such made reference to why he was not accepted. This is what the right does, they spread fake news because this is the kind of stuff they know their audience will fall over and over again, even after it's been proven fake. Go the link below to actually educate yourself on what he said, rather than getting all your info from talking heads.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...raham-boycott/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies