Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 12:17 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It sounds like you are making a great case for the wall, and/or more border patrol. I agree.
Hate to bust your bubble but Mexicans move in 3 dimensions. I saw my great grandmother climb a ladder once..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 12:27 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Automation will kill the illegal workforce, and the American. So we can all be in the same boat.
Ironically automation will kill off more American jobs.
Some crops can't be picked by machines.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:42 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who are going to work the farms. Do you think any american want these jobs. Don't be so narrow minded. It will destroy our economy without these workers
In Massachusetts farmers are returning to the old temporary visa program. They are required to provide housing and transportation. They say the downside is that there's a lot of bureaucratic paperwork and many times the workers don't arrive when needed. They are too late for the harvest. These issues could be repaired though. We used to use the visa worker program before we started using illegals. They come here and take their money back home where it goes a long way and might improve their country. Often the same experienced workers return year after year.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:15 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Ironically automation will kill off more American jobs.
Some crops can't be picked by machines.
That's what I was saying. We can all look forward to the new job takers.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:30 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who are going to work the farms. Do you think any american want these jobs. Don't be so narrow minded. It will destroy our economy without these workers
This article is from the LA Times and they interview workers at a healthcare clinic in very urban South Los Angeles. Farm work has nothing to do with it.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:16 AM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You obviously don't live in a border town. My last stint with ER was ten hours with my lil girl and it was packed with non English speakers. I'm sure they were just all here on vaca even though none of them had insurance when asked in Spanish.

I don't even live in a border town but here in So. Calif. it's the same thing. I recently went to the ER to see a family member in there and people were on beds in the hallways it was so crowded. I don't know how many were illegal aliens but based on statistics some or many probably were. It's not that I don't think they should get emergency care but they don't pay and we are stuck with the bill. It also causes these crowded conditions so Americans can't get prompt care and stresses out our medical practitioners. They all need to go back home where they belong.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:21 AM

I have to laugh every time these pro-illegals use the farm worker argument to defend illegal aliens. Only 2-4% of illegal aliens are doing those jobs and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers. Not one of them has ever admitted they were wrong when I provided those facts to them. Now is their chance to do so under this topic. I won't hold my breath though. They lack the honesty to do so.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
In Massachusetts farmers are returning to the old temporary visa program. They are required to provide housing and transportation. They say the downside is that there's a lot of bureaucratic paperwork and many times the workers don't arrive when needed. They are too late for the harvest. These issues could be repaired though. We used to use the visa worker program before we started using illegals. They come here and take their money back home where it goes a long way and might improve their country. Often the same experienced workers return year after year.

Then fine tune the visa program using illegal aliens for those jobs is unacceptable and unlawful. The growers only pass their social costs on to the taxpayer, are you ok with that? I'm not a fan of them improving their own countries by taking from Americans to do so, are you?

Old 04-07-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Even real criminals in prison get healthcare at our expense but as long as they are legal that washes it in your view?

No "American citizen's medical needs are being neglected in liberal cities due to the illegal aliens". which is a bold faced lie.

I don't support illegal immigration but your hatred for them is appalling to say the least.

Yes, you are an illegal alien sympathizer it's evidenced by all of your posts. So we have to treat American criminals in prison your clue is "American".

There is much evidence and stats to support the fact that illegal aliens do overcrowd our healthcare facilities. Having to wait hours in the ER is evidence of that. It stresses out our medical practitioners also. They pay nothing and that tab goes to the taxpayer.

So, because someone states facts about the above that makes them a hater? You're spouting the same old lines that all pro-illegals do. It's in their handbook to demonize law abiding Americans.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:33 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't even live in a border town but here in So. Calif. it's the same thing. I recently went to the ER to see a family member in there and people were on beds in the hallways it was so crowded. I don't know how many were illegal aliens but based on statistics some or many probably were. It's not that I don't think they should get emergency care but they don't pay and we are stuck with the bill. It also causes these crowded conditions so Americans can't get prompt care and stresses out our medical practitioners. They all need to go back home where they belong.

Indeed, I have the same objection to Americans not having health insurance, and so resorting to the emergency room for everything from bronchitis to zits.

I see this in my work every single day, since I review and write disability decisions for administrative law judges.

The case I worked on yesterday had 1,300 pages of medical evidence, all from the emergency room of the local county hospital (John Peter Smith, in Fort Worth). The woman (whom was denied disability) sobbed at the hearing about how she doesn't have health insurance. Of course, she could obtain such insurance through Obamacare. Yet, she doesn't want it. She would rather go to the ER for literally everything you can imagine. I doubt any visit lasted more than 3 hours, since she mainly complained of phantom pain or having a cold or such.

We real property owners directly pay for this, for part of our property tax is dedicated to paying for the county hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies