Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 10:45 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,640,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Lol I wish we didn’t have to politicize everything today. Why can’t we just be excited at the prospect of something good potentially happening. Is that too much to ask in 2018?
To liberals? Hell yeah..They hate America so much, that its total destruction is a fair price to pay to get Trump out of office. Its pathetic, and so are they.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 10:47 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Do you get that NK has promised to denuclearize a dozen times before and broken that promise every time? We are not even an inch closer to this happening than we've been before.

I never thought I'd see the right be so anti-reality and ignore documented facts and history. Nope, that's a lie, I know you all swallow Trump's BS claims as if they are manna from Heaven and believe whatever lies he spews
I share your caution but I am also more optimistic. The difference from earlier administrations is that Trump is putting heavy pressure on China and other nations, which has a huge amount of influence on North Korea. This includes threatening to put major tariffs on China, sending defensive missile systems to South Korea and Japan, and possible accepting a nuclear armed Japan - something China does not want to see.

There has been indeed intense international diplomacy going on behind the scenes. As I noted on another thread, literally a couple of weeks after the USA announced it was going to raise tariffs on steel and aluminum in early March, South Korean President Moon agreed to meet with North Korean Kim and at the same time the USA announced that South Korea would be exempt from the tariffs.

Now I realize that many people do not like Trump personally but his willingness to threaten tariffs, get his hands dirty and take all the heat and controversy is a significant advantage for American diplomacy. So was his threat to use force, something Obama would not have done.

Speak softly but carry a big stick is a lot more effective than just speak softly.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:52 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,391,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
There's a special place in hell for that backstabbing coward, the democratically elected leader of our closest ally, but the sociopathic, murdering dictator of North Korea is a terrific guy with a great sense of humor.

Trumplings - how do y'all even look in the mirror with a straight face anymore? Traitors. Traitors, every one of you, to allow this.
Who is the back-stabbing coward who is the democratically elected leader of our closest ally?

And "allow this"?

Does anyone have any idea what "this" is?

I have no idea what you're taking about.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:06 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
The complete idiots in the Fakestream Lamestream Blamestream Media, some of y'all, the Democrats, deepstate, etc. never saw Trump coming, just like they never saw the North Korea Summit coming.

Y'all waited around to see Trump embarrass himself or Kim Jung Un to call him a dotard... Remember that one?..., but Kim said, Let's move forward from the past.

Kim Jung Un is smarter and more classy than these media clowns, anti-American idiotic clowns.

We're shoving right down your throats and just wait until the IG Report... Tictoc... Tictoc...

President Trump gets the Report at 3:00 to 4:00 pm.

Last edited by McGowdog; 06-13-2018 at 11:34 PM..

Old 06-13-2018, 11:07 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,609,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Seeing is believing. But hey, if you all believe what these two are selling, I'm thinking I could get you all some really great real estate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Lol I wish we didn’t have to politicize everything today. Why can’t we just be excited at the prospect of something good potentially happening. Is that too much to ask in 2018?
That statement isn't politicizing ... have you ever played chess? It's a great game that one must use their strategy ... in order to win.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:09 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,153,395 times
I think he knows that vocally condemning him would obliterate all chances of diplomatic relations, but in knowing that, he overcompensated by taking the opposite approach.

He has a Google images-worthy case of "foot in mouth" disease, but I don't think he was trying to express admiration for NK's regime.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:35 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,640,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I think he knows that vocally condemning him would obliterate all chances of diplomatic relations, but in knowing that, he overcompensated by taking the opposite approach.

He has a Google images-worthy case of "foot in mouth" disease, but I don't think he was trying to express admiration for NK's regime.
Yet that's exactly what he DID express. When are people going to stop with the "he doesn't really mean what he says" excuses for this ignorant, barbaric lout?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:17 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,299,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Kim basically signed his own death warrant because now Trump has a license to destroy North Korea if Kim fails to impress with his denuking.
Trump can flatten North Korea and then say "You can't say I didn't give peace a chance...."
Either way Trump wins.
So... starting a war with NK is "winning?"

You realize this will cost American lives and likely destroy South Korea, right? To say nothing of the innocent civilians in NK that Kim is already starving to death.

And, that's not all, but I'll just leave it at that.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The complete idiots in the Fakestream Lamestream Blamestream Media, some of y'all, the Democrats, deepstate, etc. never saw Trump coming, just like they never saw the North Korea Summit coming.

Y'all waited around to see Trump embarrass himself or Kim Jung Un to call him a dotard... Remember that one?..., but Kim said, Let's move forward from the past.

Kim Jung Un is smarter and more classy than these media clowns, anti-American idiotic clowns.

We're shoving right down your throats and just wait until the IG Report... Tictoc... Tictoc...

President Trump gets the Report at 3:00 to 4:00 pm.
Of course we saw Trump coming. He was even more ridiculous than I anticipated, honestly.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
How about if the two Koreas just decided to sign an armistice ending the Korean War right here and now ?

Would that not be the best outcome for everyone involved ?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies