Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 07:51 AM

51,679 posts, read 25,944,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
I just want to know who the writers are?
My money is on Xi writing this episode of As the U.S. Burns.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-12-2018 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 07:52 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,230,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm referring to the way he's attacked pretty much every other world leader.

I don't need to provide you links. You know how to Google.

And, being excited to meet with a dictator is hardly impressive. He's not going to get anything out of this "summit" that doesn't benefit Kim more than it does the rest of us.

It's o.k., we understand you are mad that progress is happening.

I also guess that is the new lefty mantra....I can say something, but I don't have to prove anything I say...go use google...sad, but expected from many on this board....

21,989 posts, read 15,763,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe you did not comprehend what I said?

And your link states exactly what I stated:
That is simply Trumpspeak for gimme gimme. The man has the thinnest skin and most fragile ego of all time.

22,974 posts, read 27,079,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is absolutely STUNNING what Trump has accomplished at the summit.

Look people, if Trump doesn't get the Nobel Peace Prize after NK denuclearizes, then the Nobel committee needs to dissolve. It would become meaningless. Plain and simple.
It became meaningless when they gave it to Obama BEFORE he did anything at all except take a breath of air...

Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 AM

27,724 posts, read 16,233,485 times
Must suck for lefty to have that little dark cloud parked directly over your head. An historic moment like this and all we get is bah humbug. #bigly sad. Life is good when you escape tds. Seek help.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,275,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is absolutely STUNNING what Trump has accomplished at the summit.

Look people, if Trump doesn't get the Nobel Peace Prize after NK denuclearizes, then the Nobel committee needs to dissolve. It would become meaningless. Plain and simple.
Why? What did Trump do?

Anyone can make concessions and sign papers.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:54 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,852,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
He can say whatever he likes; whatever he thinks the cheeto wants to hear.

The *fact* remains that any former president could have met with NK leaders if they wanted to.

It was NK that was begging for a meeting.

That's a Fact.
What really made the summit seem to "work," this time is, all the leaders, mainly Moon, China & Japan wanted this to work. Moon wanted peace and the end to the Korean war. In years past, it seemed that it was all one sided. The US wanted to make it happen, however not a lot of cooperation, from other pertinent leaders, in the region.

I'd say this is a huge step for mankind. Time will tell.

I have to say, that for once I was proud of Trump. He seemed presidential, not confrontational, even humble at times. He was even decent to the reporters at his press conference. I wish he could keep up the diplomacy.

He seemed to know when to keep quiet and listen for a change.

Now, how about that Peace Treaty?

Old 06-12-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The North Korean test sight had already destroyed itself by accident back in November of last year, killing 200 of their nuclear scientists and technicians.

Kim has gotten Trump to cease military exercises. In a year, there won't be any American soldier on the peninsula practiced in his primary mission.

Kim has also gotten the equal recognition with the US president, which the Kims have wanted for 70 years.

DPRK-2
US-0

To the bold, that's a lie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, that one site was still destroyed...are you against that?

When the other countries step up, instead of the United States doing everything for them...have you ever thought about that?

LOL...I spent a total of 5 years in SK, 1999 - 2000 and 2005 - 2009....do you really think all training is going to stop, that has to be one of the dumber statements I've ever heard....really...

We really only do one or 2 SK/United States major joint exercises a year...the rest is just the Army/Air Force conducting regular scheduled training....

The only one who got rolled is you listening to the MSM.....

Old 06-12-2018, 07:55 AM

3,457 posts, read 1,461,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
For Kim.
Hopefully! I'd much rather see a NK more similar to China than the past dictator style oppressor with a chip on his shoulder from a war never finished. So let's hope it's huge for both of us and it leads to a much better future for everyone, most importantly relieving some stress for South Korea. They bare the brunt of our bad relationship after all.

It's taken 70 years to wrap it up. Thanks to Trump, we finally have a chance to see some of the axes of evil unravel. Let's look forward to that instead of hating Trump today. There is plenty of time for you to hate later. Gobs!

Old 06-12-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That is simply Trumpspeak for gimme gimme. The man has the thinnest skin and most fragile ego of all time.

Ahhh, so nothing....got it...sad but expected...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies