Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 12:05 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,793,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm glad that is helping you for your headaches (and I'll happily give that a try too), but cancer is a whole different beast, especially late stage cancer.
You mentioned headaches and I just mentioned my history. I had so many sinus headaches and now none.

And for cancer Prevention, I'm banking on what I'm taking will do the job. It will all evolve, I have some yrs left in me. The reason I got on the antioxidant in 1995, we were told it MAY prevent cancers.

Being at the right place and keeping an open mind is so much of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 PM

10,246 posts, read 6,338,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Doctors and nurses don't push drugs. If that is your perception then you apparently are weak and can't defend yourself...or you're so defensive you misinterpret every conversation that way.

I guess they must not be "pushing" very effectively if drug companies have to spend money to market their drugs on TV! What, those lazy doctors won't do it all for free?!

What I find amazing is that your experiences are 180 degrees different than mine. I had thyroid cancer and since it was removed I have to take Synthroid. Big deal...without it, I die...I'm glad I can take that pill every day. Other than that I developed allergies a few years ago...my doc could have prescribed a bunch of stuff but instead recommended OTC products that are cheap and effective. I'm okay with that. I'm 55 and no one has pushed statins on me. They'd like me to get mammos every year but the recommendation has changed so I do that less often - big deal! No one has ever yelled at me or embarrassed me or refused to see me unless I do it! I'm an educated and informed adult and they treat me like one.

You guys see some crazy doctors and somehow think they're normal and that's your excuse to tear down medicine as a science. Maybe you need to read about all the kids dying because their parents use religion as a reason to avoid medicine - you're one step away from that.
Weak? I have no desire to waste Medicare funds, go to a doctor for Wellness testing, refuse everything they want me to do, and fight with a doctor over it. Why bother going? I don't.

My husband has hypothyroidism and has taken meds for decades. I don't know the name of it, or any other meds he takes. Not my "job". Our younger daughter was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism as a teen. I told them I did not want her treated. She is now 34 and again, was told the same. As a now adult, she can decide for herself, and has chosen to do nothing about it. HER decision. Is it genetic for a parent and a child to have the opposite sides of thyroid problems?

My children are now adults. They can decide for themselves what vaccinations they want for themselves, or their children. Religion? We are all Agnostics. Personally, my decision to not get my own Flu, Pneumonia, Shingles, or TDAP, has nothing to do with Religion. I do not like or trust doctors, or Big Pharms. I don't need any Religious Exemption as an Adult to refuse them.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I knew a man who went to the ER dozens of times and they said he had an anxiety disorder. After several years a doctor finally figured out it was his thyroid. By that time, he had permanent brain damage. He had the behavior of a 12 year old. This man owned his own business and was very successful before the problems.
Thyroid is so OVERLOOKED due to the numbers game the AMA plays.

As I said before the labs, doctors went by symptoms and there are some 66 symptoms due to low thyroid.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:34 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,196,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Do you agree that every adult over the age of 50 should take statins as a preventive measure?
I agree that Statins and other non-life-saving drugs should not be covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.

They can alter their diets and Life-Style to change their cholesterol levels, instead of picking my pockets of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Not only that, what would cancer patients have done before opiods even existed? Obviously, they are not the miracle that modern medicine would have us believe they are, we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in. The last thing we need is more drugs. THAT is the point.
You're missing the point. The Court of Public Opinion has deemed opioids are necessary.

About 30 years or so ago, hospitals became keenly interested in something called "patient satisfaction." So, hospitals started surveying patients.

In almost every instance, a hospital's ratings were based on the level of pain experienced by the patients while in hospital. Patients who experienced minimal to no pain were "extremely satisfied" with the quality of care and gave the hospital high marks. Patients who experienced pain were "dissatisfied" with the quality of care and gave the hospital low marks, like "Fair" to "Poor," and the more pain the patient suffered the worse the rating they gave the hospital.

That, is what put you on the path leading to the so-called "opioid crisis," because from it arose the philosophy that no patient should suffer pain, and that is when hospitals started putting policies in place for doctors, and what teaching hospitals started teaching doctors. The pharmaceutical companies merely responded to constant demands by hospitals and doctors to come up with better pain management solutions.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:01 PM

Mircea: I'm sure hospitals etc are not letting people suffer in pain from surgeries and end of life cancers etc.

It's all those popping the hard core drugs for their arthritis and other issues that can be managed otherwise.

Those opioids are damaging too.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:01 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,409,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Thyroid is so OVERLOOKED due to the numbers game the AMA plays.

As I said before the labs, doctors went by symptoms and there are some 66 symptoms due to low thyroid.
...most of which are extremely vague, subjective, and overlap with many other health conditions.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:04 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,675,377 times
They're salespeople...selling their stuff. No different from any other type of "business."

Old 07-11-2018, 03:23 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Mircea: I'm sure hospitals etc are not letting people suffer in pain from surgeries and end of life cancers etc.

It's all those popping the hard core drugs for their arthritis and other issues that can be managed otherwise.

Those opioids are damaging too.
NO, opioids are not damaging, the effort to 'demonize' opioids comes straight from the DEA, they are the reason doctors are too frightened to give scripts for opioids, they fear being raided and having their medical license yanked away.

medicine derived from opium has been used for 1000s of years, wars have been fought over opium...they are effective and do their job. The DEA is not concerned with anyones health or safety, they have their own reason for targeting opioids, has more to do with growing the police state, seizures, and aiding and abetting the drug cartels.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
...most of which are extremely vague, subjective, and overlap with many other health conditions.
If one is wondering why they are always cold or hot, or always tired, or can't lose weight no matter how they try, have a lot of anxiety, have depression, and more and more, it's quite often sluggish thyroid aka HypoT.

Thyroid controls it all and when not working to it's OPTIMUM, we are so off in so many areas.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
They're salespeople...selling their stuff. No different from any other type of "business."
Sales people? They monopolize with their million dollar sales ads. Just turn on your TV and they'll tell you what you NEED from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies