Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 06:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Or because they were wrong...... you don't get to project your inadequacies on others.
Why? You do every time you post...

Old 04-17-2018, 06:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The reasons are twofold.

First, their lawyers advised them to do so, as a law suit may come up in the future surrounding this, or another incident. It looks like they are "doing something".

Second, they believe if they virtue signal enough that it may eventually help sales, if they are perceived as sensitive, inclusive, and believe in social justice causes.
Until January I worked for a Fortune 500 corporation for 28 years. LOL I have seen the same over reactions. The move to appease etc.
1990's. Diversity 1 and 2. Pretty much taught that all the woes of the world are the white man's fault. All races except for whites lived in peace and harmony. Until the white people arrived. Ask about the Aztecs? Isolated incidents. LMAO. Taught by white people trying to teach us about minorities....
Ask about cannibals in Africa and South America? Isolated incidents. LOL
Ask about Japan and China and their centuries of war? Stop changing the subject. LMAO
Most of us enjoyed the 2 days of break from manufacturing.
Bridges.. Learning how to communicate. Especially with women and minorities. That was another 2 day work shop.
People supporting people. 5 day work shop. Sequestered at a hotel. That one sucked and was a true brain washing mission.
Investment in excellence 2 day work shop.
Mentoring 2 day work shop.. Lol. mentoring women and minorities. No mention of mentoring whites.
I can go on I honestly have forgotten most of the workshops I attended.
The mentoring workshop was fairly valid.
My all time favorite? With all due Respect. Would be valid if applied as it was designed and equally.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Who's got the tissues?
I know right? EVERYONE'S a raaaaaaaaacist nowadays. All this did was show what an a$$hat the CEO of Starbucks fresh burnt coffee is...

Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I know right? EVERYONE'S a raaaaaaaaacist nowadays. All this did was show what an a$$hat the CEO of Starbucks fresh burnt coffee is...
Its what big corporations do. They live in terror of lawsuits. There is a good chance that Jurys with deep pocket mentalities will award purely based upon a company's worth. Guilt has very little to do with it. That's why most prefer an out of court settlement. It's cheaper to pay out than to go to court and win.

Companys will do this knee jerk over reaction to show that they are serious about changing the evil ways of the company.
28 years of being a part of such a machine. I honestly was amused by it most of the time.
True story:
The company was worried that women and minorities weren't promoting as often or more than white and asian men within the company. (Asians are seldom considered minorities when it comes to performance woes).
The company decided that the tests that everyone had t take were biased. Women and minorities don't grow up fixing things like white males. Asians are just smart and don't need any help. Solution? Separate test for women and non-Asian minorities.
Result? Women and Minorities passed the new tests and were promoted. The original tests were purely about the equipment and the job. The new tests were shortened and dumbed down to the equivalent of a 1 down pay grade. I know because I was one of the folks tasked with the rewrite.
The reality was that most women weren't trained with the same intensity as men got. They also didn't have the same demand placed upon them. Catch 22. Easier job but poor promotion prospect.
My women and Minorities I trained hard and demanded the same from them as I did any white guy. Mine always promoted the same as the whites on our teams did. The company rather than making them learn opted for the quick and easy. They produced a bumper crop of leaders who were less qualified than many of their subordinates. In time it balanced out. It was a painful .

Old 04-17-2018, 07:32 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Watched the video .

He makes a lot of good points . Seems like a smart guy .

Old 04-17-2018, 07:40 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
RicanRican...remember, the last President of the U.S. went on national TV and convicted cops for shootings involving black males based on snippets of video as well. The fact finding hadn't even begun. None of those cases resulted in even an indictment.
Actually theres massive political logistics that happen resulting in cops not getting indicted for these shootings, law manipulation and such, but maybe you dont know about such dirty dealings with police departments and their prosecutors? The last president was right. You should do some research on that before trusting that "fact finding".

Old 04-17-2018, 08:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Obama was irresponsible and reckless in doing that; no other excuse for that other than intentionally inflaming the situation...to the point 5 Dallas cops were gunned down.
They were gunned down by a mentally ill person who wasn't correctly treated and should never have been asked to go overseas to protect another nations borders. Treat the cause.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:09 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
This guy is awesome!!! How can we clone him? The black community needs more like him.

So many good points. I'm sending this video to all of my liberal friends.

Nice find!!!

Old 04-17-2018, 08:42 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Can't wait to see the videos of these so called "real estate agents" meeting with the CEO of Starbucks with their business outfits of hoodies, sweat pants, and corn rolls(as shown in the video). I'm sure the lawyers and media will work overtime to clean them up for the camera. Talk about privelege. Not only do you get to use the bathroom and sit in a Starbucks without paying, but you get rewarded for it by meeting with the CEO! When do we get to find out the histories and real careers of these "victims"?

Old 04-17-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Can't wait to see the videos of these so called "real estate agents" meeting with the CEO of Starbucks with their business outfits of hoodies, sweat pants, and corn rolls(as shown in the video). I'm sure the lawyers and media will work overtime to clean them up for the camera. Talk about privelege. Not only do you get to use the bathroom and sit in a Starbucks without paying, but you get rewarded for it by meeting with the CEO! When do we get to find out the histories and real careers of these "victims"?
For all we know they are fine, upstanding and productive citizens. Most black people by far are. This entire situation has been blown out of proportion by both social warriors, a weak manager at Starbucks the media and Corporate Starbucks.
The men in question. I'll say that perhaps they felt singled out. Perhaps once too often. They made a stand.
They absolutely had other options. Options I would have chosen rather than be marched out in cuffs. I will not vilify the gentleman without facts to back it.
I do disagree with people who feel loitering is an acceptable behavior. Evidently Starbucks didn't spell out their policy well enough to their leadership. So they claim through their actions. "(We will retrain)." Evidently Starbucks condones loitering on their property. I wonder, is this extended to homeless people? How long may a person loiter? an hour? All day? Only during business hours? I don't know and will never know. I dont loiter. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies