Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 05:39 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's right you don't know and you fans are wishing it is exactly what Hannity says and not something else...

but you can't quite explain the discrepancy in the client/lawyer relationship claims.

Yet the left is pushing the narrative that Hannity did something wrong.

I'm not sure why you think Hannity or his lawyer had to disclose who the client was?

But, now that's it out there, why is the left trying to take down Hannity? Is it because they just don't care? Why?

I also don't see you going after your leftist buddy? Maybe it's because you agree with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83
Fatbob: It depends on what services he used Cohen for.

Payoffs, extortion, payments to say good things about Trump?

Old 04-17-2018, 05:40 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
A legitimate news organization would fire him, a legitimate journalist would resign.

FOX News, and Sean Hannity, do not fit that description. Hannity is safe.
^^^ Yep. Fox News needs Hannity. They are pro Trump in every respect, and he fits right into that position. He will probably be able to lie his way out of it, after all, he is a very good liar, if you have ever listened to his "reports".

Old 04-17-2018, 05:44 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
BUT BUT BUT -- this isn't something the left has created to try and get rid of Hannity.

Cohen -- Hannity's friend created this mess.

Why would Cohen claim Hannity is a client if he isn't?

Can any of you Hannity fans answer that?

Even Hannity threw a dig at the liberal media without addressing why his friend would lie in this situation and make such a fuss about Hannity being a client.

I agree. Mr. Hannity has obviously tried to distance himself from Mr. Cohen, by proclaiming that Mr. Cohen was never his attorney in any way, shape or form. Of course, there can therefore be no issue regarding 'attorney-client' privilege.

As such, I see no reason for Fox News to fire Mr. Hannity. It would have been perhaps proper for Mr. Hannity to at least mention that he knew Mr. Cohen, but he probably knows lots of people that he talks about on air.

Now, either Mr. Hannity is lying, or Mr. Cohen is lying. It could be that Mr. Cohen was rather desperate to cite at least one other 'client' besides Mr. Trump and that RNC guy. Just having two clients (at least, in the past year or two), for both of whom you negotiated non-disclosure agreements with women to hide relationships, does not sound good.

It does seem odd, with the stable of corporate attorneys that Fox News has (as per a person that appears on Fox news on occasion), that Mr. Hannity, if he had a simple real estate question, could not waddle down the hallway and pose a question to one of them.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:52 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How is using the same lawyer as the President a fireable offense?
Hannity did not disclose that Cohen was his attorney when he blasted DOJ for their search warrant that allowed them to get Cohen's law records, even when Hannity KNEW his own records were in Cohen's office.

Journalistic ethics required Hannity to tell his employer (FOX) and his viewers that he had a PERSONAL interest in the story he was covering.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:58 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Such a sad time for Fox News. He was getting pummeled by Rachel Maddow, anyway.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet the left is pushing the narrative that Hannity did something wrong.

I'm not sure why you think Hannity or his lawyer had to disclose who the client was?

But, now that's it out there, why is the left trying to take down Hannity? Is it because they just don't care? Why?

I also don't see you going after your leftist buddy? Maybe it's because you agree with them?
I don't know why you think I think that they had to disclose it?

What I think about that has nothing to do with what happened.

The judge thought it had to be revealed. Plain and simple.

I don't know why anyone wants to take down Hannity? Ask them...maybe they think he's lying. And who knows. Somebody is lying. Why is it Cohen and not Hannity? I don't know do you?

What leftist buddy?

All I was saying is all you folks seem to be doing is protecting Hannity and throwing insults at the 'left', the media, etc. without addressing that somebody is lying?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:06 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
For their sake, they better.

Extremely unethical what Hannity did. He railed against the FBI raid and supported Cohen, without disclosing that he was involved with Cohen.

If one of MSNBC's or CNN's prime time hosts like Maddow or Lemon had done exactly what Hannity just did, Hannity himself would be railing against them. And I bet every single Fox News viewer has the humility to admit that.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
I don't think Hannity will be fired. Folks calling for his firing don't like him.

If Maddow did something like that folks would be all over MSNBC for not firing her too.

Games people play now.

But but but....

for me.

If Hannity is telling the truth, why did Cohen lie?
If Coehn is telling the truth, why is Hannity so defensive?

I don't care which scenario is true -- only one of them can be.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Quote:
I don't think Hannity will be fired. Folks calling for his firing don't like him.

If Maddow did something like that folks would be all over MSNBC for not firing her too.

Games people play now.

But but but....

for me.

If Hannity is telling the truth, why did Cohen lie?
If Coehn is telling the truth, why is Hannity so defensive?

I don't care which scenario is true -- only one of them can be.
Absolutely. Someone is lying in this case. Cohen lies about his client list, he is done. Hannity lies on air then he should be done.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:19 AM

769 posts, read 782,872 times
What’s ironic with Hannity and all these “conservative” idols is that they *are* what they constantly criticize (rich corrupt elites) which makes their fans total fools.

With Trump being the pinnacle of this disconnect: An elite coastal (both east (NYC) AND west (Hollywood)) snob.

I’m always puzzled by this. Why do y’all “conservatives” respond to “Elite Hollywood” bashing and “drain the swamp” by following and voting for the exact stereotype that fits this description?!

Even worse are the Family Values Evangelicals who support Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies