Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 07:59 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,566,366 times

Advertisements

In the real world of journalism, not disclosing personal ties in your stories is a cardinal sin. We'll see how it's treated in Fox's bizarro-world of journalism.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:59 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Fatbob: It depends on what services he used Cohen for.

Payoffs, extortion, payments to say good things about Trump?

Translation:

Hannity having the same lawyer as Trump being a "fireable offence" is just conjecture and wishfull thinking on the part of the Left.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:00 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But the irony......is that the spin offered by folks on this board as to why it doesn't matter that there is obvious a communication issue between Hannity and Cohen -- lol.......is funnier than any curiosity as to why the two guys seem to be contradicting each other.

That's all you got kids -- ATTACK THE LEFT!!!!!!!

No explanations, no rational, intelligent ability to discuss why Hannity and Cohen are so confused about their relationship -- lol.

When you can offer up a good spin -- can you head over to the sanction discussion and explain why Trump halted the sanctions. Don't tell me to avoid war -- that's just silly talk.
OK, please explain this to me. What difference does it make? Hannity is not a news anchor nor an elected public official. He's on TV giving his opinion, so what? What am I missing? He's not suppose to be unbiased.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:00 AM

956 posts, read 1,208,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
the desperation on the left is hilarious. Hannity just gained so many more viewers and remains number 1

Laura Ingram also gained viewers after the teenager tried to bash her and asked for a boycott.

#1 in nursing homes. His audience is compromised of 65+ years old white men...especially those in their 70s and 80s.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
He is a huckster and a fraud. Any network interested in ethical behavior would fire him. But Faux News runs on a different standard. I am ok with whatever top execs at Faux News decides. What bothers me the most is how many people listen to and believe the huckster Hannity. A poor reflection on a large swath of our country.

There shouldn't be any question on why he and tRump are best buds.

Birds of a feather and all that.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:02 AM

956 posts, read 1,208,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
You are missing the point.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a newspaper reporter or an opinion journalist. If you want to maintain credibility with an audience, and be honest with them, you should disclose all facts.

The omission raises questions about whether Hannity violated journalistic ethics — or whether he was a journalist at all. Hannity has shifted in recent years on that point. He has claimed his is not a journalist but other times he's claimed to be an "opinion journalist."

He said last month that his show “breaks news daily” in response to colleague Shep Smith characterizing Fox News’ prime-time lineup as entertainment.

He is a huckster and a fraud. Any network interested in ethical behavior would fire him. But Faux News runs on a different standard. I am ok with whatever the top execs at Faux News decides. Their call, not mine.

The most troublesome aspect of all this is how many people listen to and believe the huckster Hannity. A poor reflection on a large swath of our country
Nailed it. It's a sad state of affairs just how people willful believe what he says, but it's a reflection on how humans don't like to be proved wrong. His tells his audience exactly what they want to hear, which are a bunch of racists and bigots.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:07 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Translation:

Hannity having the same lawyer as Trump being a "fireable offence" is just conjecture and wishfull thinking on the part of the Left.
Yeah, if that lawyer wasn't in the middle of the investigation that Hannity rants about ad nauseam then you'd have a point. He is in fact in the middle of the whole sordid mess, so your point is mute.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
OK, please explain this to me. What difference does it make? Hannity is not a news anchor nor an elected public official. He's on TV giving his opinion, so what? What am I missing? He's not suppose to be unbiased.
Again -- you aren't reading what I'm putting. I don't care if Hannity lied. I don't care if Cohen lied. I do find it interesting that one of them lied. I'm dying to know the true story.

If you don't want to -- what do you care if I think there is a story.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Yeah, if that lawyer wasn't in the middle of the investigation that Hannity rants about ad nauseam then you'd have a point. He is in fact in the middle of the whole sordid mess, so your point is mute.
And this....Hannity has been barking about this case...and then is in the middle of it...lol.

It's very entertaining and curious.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:11 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Again -- you aren't reading what I'm putting. I don't care if Hannity lied. I don't care if Cohen lied. I do find it interesting that one of them lied. I'm dying to know the true story.

If you don't want to -- what do you care if I think there is a story.
Didn't mean to step on your toes. I was just curious what the big deal is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies