Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 07:37 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
I enjoy coming here after things like this pop up and see the flailing arms and craziness that ensues. This story will disappear in two days and be nothing because it is nothing. There is enough mud flung at the walls to build an adobe home at this point.
It's just more Liberal hysteria. Everyday they are 1 step closer to meltdown.

I hope Trump wins reelection in 2020. It will be epic.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Why would Fox fire Hannity? Its not like it is a journalistic news organization with integrity. Fox News is an entertainment network and its on air personalities such as Hannity are entertainers. They are not a news organization. They are an entertainment network which provides fantasy programming targeted to a particular distinct subset of the US population.
Can you name 1 Network today that is a pure news network that does not present slanted news?

There are none. Not CNN, not NBC, Not CBS, Not ABC. If these networks had actually done their job, Obama would not have been President and Hillary would never had the nomination or We would not have been in Iraq.

They are all like Fox. They all sell slanted programming to a select audience for a profit.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:41 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
How does Cohen saying Hannity is a client end up with the left trying to discredit Hannity.

Either Cohen is lying or Hannity is.

They are just trying to figure out why either would lie about a perfect normal client/lawyer relationship.

Not saying Hannity is the one lying -- one of them is -- and why?

Why do you Hannity fans avoid the core issue -- Cohen says Hannity is a client -- not was IS...Hannity denies it.....wtf is going on?

First off, Hannity is entertainment, I'll listen to him once in a while and when he makes a claim about something I'll tend to take it and do my own research. Second, If Cohen or Hannity is lying WTF does that have to do about our country ? Not a damn thing. So regardless, I could care less. If Fox fires him, there will be another to replace him.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's just more Liberal hysteria. Everyday they are 1 step closer to meltdown.

I hope Trump wins reelection in 2020. It will be epic.
But the irony......is that the spin offered by folks on this board as to why it doesn't matter that there is obvious a communication issue between Hannity and Cohen -- lol.......is funnier than any curiosity as to why the two guys seem to be contradicting each other.

That's all you got kids -- ATTACK THE LEFT!!!!!!!

No explanations, no rational, intelligent ability to discuss why Hannity and Cohen are so confused about their relationship -- lol.

When you can offer up a good spin -- can you head over to the sanction discussion and explain why Trump halted the sanctions. Don't tell me to avoid war -- that's just silly talk.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:47 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Even Alan Dershowitz told Hannity to his face on the air yesterday, that Hannity was ethically required to disclose his relationship with Michael Cohen.

Will Fox step up and fire or punish Hannity?
I doubt this will cause them to dismiss him. He makes money for them.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:49 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Let us play a quick game of 'suppose'.

Let us suppose that the Judge, instead of directing Mr. Cohen to release the name of his 'third client', agreed that Mr. Cohen could keep the name secret.

What would Mr. Hannity had said on his show last night?

From what I have read, Mr. Hannity discusses the Cohen matter quite a bit, and thus our assuming that he would mention the judge's ruling is not out of the question.

Would Mr. Hannity have said: "I agree with the Judge's ruling. It is no one's business whom Mr. Cohen has as a client". And so left it at that.

Or would he have said something like: "The Judge said that Mr. Cohen is under no obligation to reveal the other name. I may as well say this: I suspect Mr. Cohen was thinking of me as one of his clients, based on some conversations we have had in the past year or two, although he was not really my attorney".

Which do you think is more likely? If you have another scenario I would be interested to read it.

Here is my thought: Mr. Cohen had reasons, unknown, to keep Mr. Hannity's name secret. More than likely, Mr. Hannity also wished to remain anonymous.

However, the Court ordered Mr. Cohen to reveal Mr. Hannity's identity.

Mr. Hannity had to play the cards he was dealt. As such, last night he played the 'it's not a big deal' card.

It was about the best response he could make, under the circumstances.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But the irony......is that the spin offered by folks on this board as to why it doesn't matter that there is obvious a communication issue between Hannity and Cohen -- lol.......is funnier than any curiosity as to why the two guys seem to be contradicting each other.

That's all you got kids -- ATTACK THE LEFT!!!!!!!

No explanations, no rational, intelligent ability to discuss why Hannity and Cohen are so confused about their relationship -- lol.

When you can offer up a good spin -- can you head over to the sanction discussion and explain why Trump halted the sanctions. Don't tell me to avoid war -- that's just silly talk.
Hannity has denied ever paying Cohen a $ for any service or receiving an invoice for services. Calling someone a client does not make it so unless both parties agree.

Hannity is a Semi-news reporter and people in his line of work establish relationships with a lot of people who they use as sources.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Even Alan Dershowitz told Hannity to his face on the air yesterday, that Hannity was ethically required to disclose his relationship with Michael Cohen.

Will Fox step up and fire or punish Hannity?
"Required" by whom?

Yes, Alan Dershowitz. The Nation's judge. Wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Hope so...

Fox has really shed some big hosts during the last two years, due to improper conduct.
Sorry, Hannity is permitted to hire the lawyer of his choosing. And that would be a private matter except for this highly partisan targeting of a president's lawyer.

What improper conduct are you referring to?

Old 04-17-2018, 07:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
First off, Hannity is entertainment, I'll listen to him once in a while and when he makes a claim about something I'll tend to take it and do my own research. Second, If Cohen or Hannity is lying WTF does that have to do about our country ? Not a damn thing. So regardless, I could care less. If Fox fires him, there will be another to replace him.
You are completely missing my point.

I don't think Hannity will be or necessarily should be fired. He's a tv talk show host -- he's not a journalist. He's an entertainer.....so I'm not saying he should be fired.

But it is curious as to why their is all this contradiction around his relationship with Cohen.

If you are a fan of Hannity you have to either wonder if Hannity is being honest or why would Cohen lie.

And you aren't alone in doing your own research.

I didn't say Cohen/Hannity show has anything to do with the country. It's all entertainment.....lol.

And nobody still can even come up with some kind or rational, logical explanation as to why the two men are at odds.. It is very entertaining.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:57 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,397,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You are missing the point.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a newspaper reporter or an opinion journalist. If you want to maintain credibility with an audience, and be honest with them, you should disclose all facts.

The omission raises questions about whether Hannity violated journalistic ethics — or whether he was a journalist at all. Hannity has shifted in recent years on that point. He has claimed his is not a journalist but other times he's claimed to be an "opinion journalist."

He said last month that his show “breaks news daily” in response to colleague Shep Smith characterizing Fox News’ prime-time lineup as entertainment.

He is a huckster and a fraud. Any network interested in ethical behavior would fire him. But Faux News runs on a different standard. I am ok with whatever the top execs at Faux News decides. Their call, not mine.

The most troublesome aspect of all this is how many people listen to and believe the huckster Hannity. A poor reflection on a large swath of our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies