Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times

Advertisements

No, FOX hierarchy probably already knew about his connection to Cohen and what Cohen was "fixing" for him. There are no ethical standards at FOX in recent history.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
If any of them are represented by Cohen, it will become knowledge since he's been raided now.

I have no more use for CNN than I do for Fox, btw.
Again, you don't understand how the use of lawyers works, whatsoever, if you think that Hannity's choice of lawyer means or implies a single thing.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, FOX hierarchy probably already knew about his connection to Cohen and what Cohen was "fixing" for him. There are no ethical standards at FOX in recent history.
What?

It's hard to read any logic in-between all of the probablies and conjecture.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hate to break this to all the wakadoodle lefties here but Hannity has stated repeatedly over they last few years that Michael Cohen is a friend. That relationship has been public just as he has stated that he has been friends with Trump for years.
To the Left, being friends with their enemies requires a public hanging. Anyone who is a threat to them, whatsoever, is to be socially isolated and their associates guilty by association.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:49 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,535 times
Yada yada yada, blah blah blah...

The only thing I see here is yet another attempt by the sneaky weasel democrats to take down a popular conservative talk show host. Hannity has been a prime target for the democratic mafia for years given that he has mass appeal.

Everyone seems hell-bent on silencing opposing viewpoints these days, even if it means outright lying, distortion of the truth, or exploiting the legal system in bizarre ways to accomplish the job. It's a sad state of affairs.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:50 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Can you name 1 Network today that is a pure news network that does not present slanted news?

There are none. Not CNN, not NBC, Not CBS, Not ABC. If these networks had actually done their job, Obama would not have been President and Hillary would never had the nomination or We would not have been in Iraq.

They are all like Fox. They all sell slanted programming to a select audience for a profit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
First off, Hannity is entertainment, I'll listen to him once in a while and when he makes a claim about something I'll tend to take it and do my own research. Second, If Cohen or Hannity is lying WTF does that have to do about our country ? Not a damn thing. So regardless, I could care less. If Fox fires him, there will be another to replace him.
The problem with Hannity is that while he's theoretically upfront about being an entertainer, the format he chooses is to enthrall the listener with purported news, uncovered or newly discovered fact.

The curious might spend a few minutes to dissect a Hannity show on Youtube to see how he slides from suggestion to the probable to the actual. The process doesn't begin to reach the level of merely slanting or cherry-picking actual "facts."

How did Hannity put it in a tweet a while back: "I'm not a journalist jackass. I'm a talk host."

Here, he absolves himself of the need to attempt any kind of honesty but then at the same time subtly attacks those who do (journalists and their fake news, no doubt).

The Cohen non-disclosure makes a mockery even of Hannity's talk show "opinions" and more weakens the illusion - that, admit it, many viewers hold - that what they are hearing might be "truth."

At some point, if the shill-act becomes too transparent even his entertainment value will diminish and Fox will fire him.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:51 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
To the Left, being friends with their enemies requires a public hanging. Anyone who is a threat to them, whatsoever, is to be socially isolated and their associates guilty by association.
Nope. Just requires disclosure. Why do you think he wanted to keep it secret? And do you think that was a good decision for Hannity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
In the real world of journalism, not disclosing personal ties in your stories is a cardinal sin. We'll see how it's treated in Fox's bizarro-world of journalism.
Lawyers are confidential.

The MSM has myriad staff with personal ties throughout the political world that are never, ever disclosed. And I'm not even referring to lawyers with confidential privilege. In fact, I've never in my life been privy to a single disclosure, for a TV personality, of the type that you are suggesting.

In this case, personal ties in what stories?

15,216 posts, read 30,566,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Everyone seems hell-bent on silencing opposing viewpoints, even if it means outright lying, distortion of the truth, or exploiting the legal system in strange ways to accomplish the job. It's a sad state of affairs.
I agree. Too bad Hannity couldn't rise above the MSM to which he is deemed superior.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Even Alan Dershowitz told Hannity to his face on the air yesterday, that Hannity was ethically required to disclose his relationship with Michael Cohen.

Will Fox step up and fire or punish Hannity?

Why would FOX fire SH???????

No basis. If revealed, people would think he was in Trump's camp, if not revealed, people would think he is in Trump's camp.

If the left wing lib dems would apply their standards to themselves, they would be non existent.

GS still kept his job
Stephanopoulos pulls out of debate after Clinton donations revealed

'George Stephanopoulos, the chief anchor of ABC News, apologized on Thursday for not telling viewers or his bosses about $75,000 in recent donations to the Clinton Foundation'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies