Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 01:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Yeah! Nothing more evil than those leftist Sany Hook parents.

How much money has he made from Chobani?

Let us know when Jones has a case settled in his favor. Should we hold our breath?
6 cases thrown out in the last 2 months alone.
The Chobani settlement... a redaction. No money involved.

No different than CNN, WaPo, NY Times... retracting and redacting Fake news weekly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 01:59 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He is effective.
They have to edit what he says, to make him out to be a demon. If it were a lie, they could just tell the truth on it's merits and it would shut him up quick. NO. let's silence his message, because we have no competition of truth, to counter.

Unlike Laura Ingram and all those on dinosaur media, where they can attack sponsors that pay for the words to be spoken, they cannot go after Alex Jones advertisers.

The only way they can punish Jones, is with false lawsuits, filled with libel and defamation.
Those filing, forgot about "Slap Back", or it is in the budget for the attack campaign.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

ALEX JONES ANNOUNCES LAWSUIT AGAINST CATHOLIC GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, ATTACKS ON THE FIRST & SECOND AMENDMENTS

ALEX JONES ANNOUNCES LAWSUIT AGAINST CATHOLIC GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, ATTACKS ON THE FIRST & SECOND AMENDMENTS
Owen Shroyer presents video of Alex Jones live from Washington D.C. at the Press Club officially announcing his SLAP-back lawsuit against the ridiculous suits waged against him in all-out lawfare.

I will point out that the 'online personality' Alex Jones did not file a lawsuit. I went to his website and saw that he filed an 'anti-slapp' motion in response to the defamation suits filed against him.

I know nothing about these motions. This website seems to have a good explanation:

https://schorr-law.com/what-is-an-anti-slapp-motion/

One other motion filed by Mr. Jones was to dismiss, claiming that Virginia is not the proper venue. From what I can see, Virginia is one of a handful of states that does NOT have anti-SLAPP laws, from this website:

https://www.virginiadefamationlawyer...p-statute.html

So, while the Alex Jones website calls is 'filing a lawsuit', it is not. It is responses to a lawsuit filed against him. The one website states that filing such motions will prevent the defendant losing the case by default (by not filing a proper answer to the suit).

If the presiding judge denies these motions, I predict we will not hear of it, on this thread.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:01 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I prefer the term "evil". Because he is just a con man preying on weak minded people. He knows he is acting a part. I believe he doesn't care about the harm he does to others, he knows he is making money. Net worth is estimated at 10 million. All for acting. I hope he loses all of it in the lawsuits.
I can get behind evil to describe him

Old 04-18-2018, 02:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Because you get emotional, just hearing his name?
That is why you hate him? Why you want him silenced?

Courage!

Yeah, stupidity is not a crime so we have to let Alex Jones continue spreading his stupidity to those who are susceptible to catching it.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm not a Alex Jones fan at all. I think he's a loon. But....OP does have a point. Why else is MSM trying so hard to shut him up? Believe it or not, he does have quite a huge following.
Because they can censor him. This will bankrupt InfoWars because he is a dolt that thinks news can be conspiracy theory based performance art. It isn't. Anyone who believes anything he has said, I question their judgement.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:06 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
He is effective...
Just for the record, do you believe Alex Jones?

Do you have faith in him? Is he a man of integrity and truth?

Would you trust him around your daughter?

Old 04-18-2018, 02:11 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yeah, stupidity is not a crime so we have to let Alex Jones continue spreading his stupidity to those who are susceptible to catching it.
Ha this is very well put.

Shoulda really got those stupidity vaccines.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:11 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
If this was the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s Alex Jones and the like would have been in a mental asylum. It's amazing someone like him can make millions being an absolute lunatic - says even more about the people who listen to him.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Here I was thinking it's because he's an insane jerk.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:19 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times
Quote:
Because you get emotional, just hearing his name?
That is why you hate him? Why you want him silenced?

Courage!
The issue is the garbage he spews or gives voice to can have real world consequences.

The Pizzagate BS could have easily ended in tragedy. It has had a really negative impact on the pizza shop that got caught up in the mess.

Be a nutty conspiracy theorist if you want but when real people are impacted by the lies he spews during his "entertainment" show he needs to be taken to task.

Chobani is hiring Rapist and causing tuberculosis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhxjxDORU8

Wait he's sorry. He didn't mean it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkB5GFFFRGs

Pizzagate is real!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DKqP1F5cVk

Ooops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90mc_a58rY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies