Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 08:12 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
How would he know if it happened or not? How would YOU know, is perhaps a better question.

Why do YOU think it happened?

And why do YOU think YOUR opinion is more valid than anyone else's opinion?
So he sucked you in too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Where do people get the idea that they can have opinions about objectively proven facts? Facts themselves are not open to interpretation or opinion. If you think otherwise, you’ve been brainwashed.
I agree completely.

There is objective truth, and of course the all too infamous 'alternative facts'.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
He doesn't have to say it, or prove anything... he's entitled to voice his opinions, even if they are conjectures about what happened. It isn't defamatory to doubt whether something actually happened to someone, especially since the person it allegedly happened to is allegedly deceased anyway. What is the "standing" that these parents of alleged victims even have? What harm have they suffered? Which of them can demonstrate that anything that Alex Jones has ever said harmed their "reputation" in any way? Because that is the required element of defamation, not merely that a statement was untrue (if that can even be proven, which it cannot be), but that reputational harm was suffered.

That guy that was laughing his head off until the camera was rolling, then its the sad face and the tears...please, cmon on. That is the worst acting job I have ever seen.

The bottom line is, you don't know if these kids even exist...and there is no way for the average citizen to even verify whether they did or they didn't, or if anything actually happened at that school. What percentage of American citizens have ever even BEEN to Sandy Hook and seen that school? Let alone were present there to be able to witness anything?

Stop believing everything you see on TV. Its called a TV Show for a reason.

Its a show. Its not YOU seeing it. if YOU didn't see it, then YOU don't know, cannot know, if it happened or not.

That's the problem with propaganda...its usually very convincing...but in this case what is convincing is not evidence of the crime, but merely people TALKING about a crime. Where's the actual evidence of a crime?
I find it particularly ironic that people who claim to be conservative could be so relativistic about the truth whenever it suits them.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
My biggest enemy in the world is a multiple murderer who I testified against at his last death penalty trial. He has sworn to kill me. I've also been threatened by followers of Milo Yiannopoulos, a truly horrible group of folks.

Thus I am arguably then a better man then Alex Jones as those who oppose him tend to be those who value truth and facts.

If I use your argument.

You should go after his sponsors

Old 04-18-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
This is perhaps the least self-aware, but most unintentionally hilarious posts in the history of this forum.

Someone who posts dozens of daily verifiably false thread topics thinks others are going to be exposed by the “truth”? Bwahahaha! A fool and the absence of integrity indeed! Go on BB! Pull the other leg!

Thank you for this. Seriously.

You should go after my sponsors

Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What exactly is counter evidence, is this like proving a negative?
The Constitution allows for freedom of speech and press, except when it comes to slander and libel. He slandered so many by claiming they are crisis actors, the Constitution don't defend that.
How do you think he has integrity with his faileous comments? He has NONE to sane people. Only his sheeple believe his trips.

You have been listening to what other people tell you he said and not what he actually said.
The best parts you hear, are left on the edit room floor.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you saying you believe that Sandy Hook was just an elaborate hoax. This is what he has been promoting for his own relevance without any regard to the people who suffer each day with the consequences. And you really have to wonder why people hate him.
No. You just said that.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:38 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,227,673 times
Alex should not have apologized or retracted his statements regarding Chobani..he was correct that the company imports or enables the importation of disease from its foreign workers, and that this has a detrimental effect on public health.

Furthermore, the company's foreign born employees are unAmerican and have no place in our country...because the work that they perform can be performed by available American citizens.

Chobani is a socially irresponsible company whose employment practices harm American citizens, and they should not be allowed to continue these practices.

People should not patronize Chobani by purchasing or consuming any of their products until they have reformed their harmful practices and are no longer engaging in activities that harm Americans.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:40 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm not a Alex Jones fan at all. I think he's a loon. But....OP does have a point. Why else is MSM trying so hard to shut him up? Believe it or not, he does have quite a huge following.

The kind of people who show up the Texas church shooting site calling people crisis actors and devils. Look that video up on line, 2 of these wastes of life were arrested. These are the types of absolute losers who think Alex Jones is anything other than the filthy low life he actually is. See the face of the Alex Jones fans in the story below. Look at the pictures of these 2 sad specimens. The Infowars fan club President seemingly. Pretty sure this is the picture you'd get if you met his fans on this forum as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rists-arrested

Old 04-18-2018, 08:48 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Alex Jones is the 21st centuries version of a snake oil salesman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies