Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 01:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You are truly obtuse. You didn't even answer my question and instead went into some B.S. My question being "Can Alex Jones be sued for slander calling Sandy Hook Elementary School parents crisis actors: YES OR NO?"

FYI, as for red pulling, you and other Trump followers believing Jones haven't taken the red pill, but the Blue pill. Y'all live in a world of fantasy, lies and alternative facts. And when challenged you can't even give a simple answer.

It is no different than you calling me an *******. Sure, I can sue you for slander..... I can prove I am not a rectum.

I can file a lawsuit on you for looking at me the wrong way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 02:01 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Yes, I know why they hate Alex Jones.

Because he's a lying, hate-mongering lunatic. It's no secret.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:17 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is no different than you calling me an *******. Sure, I can sue you for slander..... I can prove I am not a rectum.

No that is not the same. In this proverbial situation, I didn't slander you in a way that you had to refute with no real defense. Alex Jones would have to prove to six jurors that he has proof that the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School was in fact a hoax and that the jurors buy it. Do you think it was a hoax?

Old 04-19-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No that is not the same. In this proverbial situation, I didn't slander you in a way that you had to refute with no real defense. Alex Jones would have to prove to six jurors that he has proof that the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School was in fact a hoax and that the jurors buy it. Do you think it was a hoax?

That works here too.... No real defense is needed here.
It jumped from crisis actors and fake, to a hoax.
Sure you don't have the Parkland lawsuit conflated, with Sandy Hook here?

Old 04-19-2018, 02:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That works here too.... No real defense is needed here.
It jumped from crisis actors and fake, to a hoax.
Sure you don't have the Parkland lawsuit conflated, with Sandy Hook here?
He called them crisis actors and that their.children didn't really die, hence it is tied to a hoax. You are still being obtuse. This is the last time I'm clicking on a thread started by you

Old 04-19-2018, 02:51 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,730,901 times
Bentbow, I think you don’t understand the legal definition of slander. It doesn’t really matter; whether you understand it or not, the case will go on. But you’re arguing something that’s simply incorrect. Slander is a crime whether or not you agree.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Bentbow, I think you don’t understand the legal definition of slander. It doesn’t really matter; whether you understand it or not, the case will go on. But you’re arguing something that’s simply incorrect. Slander is a crime whether or not you agree.

Filing a lawsuit because you got your feelings hurt, isn't going to fly.
He corrected his mistake a long time ago... Years. His right to press affords him that right. It was the parents choice to be in the public light. Same as David Hogg... Fair game.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
He doesn't have to say it, or prove anything... he's entitled to voice his opinions, even if they are conjectures about what happened. It isn't defamatory to doubt whether something actually happened to someone, especially since the person it allegedly happened to is allegedly deceased anyway. What is the "standing" that these parents of alleged victims even have? What harm have they suffered? Which of them can demonstrate that anything that Alex Jones has ever said harmed their "reputation" in any way? Because that is the required element of defamation, not merely that a statement was untrue (if that can even be proven, which it cannot be), but that reputational harm was suffered.

That guy that was laughing his head off until the camera was rolling, then its the sad face and the tears...please, cmon on. That is the worst acting job I have ever seen.

The bottom line is, you don't know if these kids even exist...and there is no way for the average citizen to even verify whether they did or they didn't, or if anything actually happened at that school.
What percentage of American citizens have ever even BEEN to Sandy Hook and seen that school? Let alone were present there to be able to witness anything?

Stop believing everything you see on TV. Its called a TV Show for a reason.

Its a show. Its not YOU seeing it. if YOU didn't see it, then YOU don't know, cannot know, if it happened or not.

That's the problem with propaganda...its usually very convincing...but in this case what is convincing is not evidence of the crime, but merely people TALKING about a crime. Where's the actual evidence of a crime?
Wow. Fans of Alex Jones really are shocking. If Alex Jones said the Holocaust never happened, would they start harassing Jewish families from Poland and saying they were just crisis actors? The Sandy Hook parents have doubly suffered because they lost their children and because Alex Jones and his devoted followers tell them they are lying and suggest their children never existed.

Sandy Hook massacre victims' parents harassed by 'truthers', told children never existed

Sandy Hook massacre victims' parents harassed by 'truthers', told children never existed - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Why parents of Sandy Hook victims are suing Alex Jones
Online video shows talk show host citing various arguments to prove massacre was fake

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8310266.html

Old 04-19-2018, 03:00 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Oh look, what a shocker:

Alex Jones, Backtracking, Now Says Sandy Hook Shooting Did Happen | WSHU

Alex Jones, Backtracking, Now Says Sandy Hook Shooting Did Happen

Old 04-19-2018, 03:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Oh look, what a shocker:

Alex Jones, Backtracking, Now Says Sandy Hook Shooting Did Happen | WSHU

Alex Jones, Backtracking, Now Says Sandy Hook Shooting Did Happen
How convenient. So the only way these parents get him to admit the truth is when they take legal action. The only way to really make the point though is for them to get an expensive judgement against him. It's too little too late after what Alex Jones has put the Sandy Hook parents through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies