Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 08:49 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I have used it for 47 years, and if this poster knew me (but didn't know about my cannabis usage) they would love me as a neighbor. That is because I am a responsible adult who works for a living, pays taxes, and cares about my neighbors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I believe that all these mass shootings are caused by stoners with psychosis caused by dope.
There you go folks. Two posts, 5 minutes apart. You see it in front of you in black and white.

I wonder which of the two of us is suffering more from "psychosis caused by dope", lol.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:59 AM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Unbelievable.

Someone smells a plant, and wants to sue for damages.

Can anyone get more out-of-touch Reefer Madness crazy?

It's especially humorous to me because I have used it for 47 years, and if this poster knew me (but didn't know about my cannabis usage) they would love me as a neighbor. That is because I am a responsible adult who works for a living, pays taxes, and cares about my neighbors. But as soon as my usage was discovered, I would be despised.

But man boobs to go along with make up, man buns, shaved chest, earrings, buffed or polished nails, sprayed hair, and hair products, I'd be good to go.

I must admit, the smell of the plant doesn't bother me in the least, and I haven't imbibed in probably over 22 years.

In fact, when I smell it driving up and down hwy 50 west of Pueblo, it often makes my stomach growl. Usually only the smell of ribeye steak does that for me.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:59 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Not likely with the current Congress, IMO.

As I said above, though, I think if, after the mid-terms, Ds gain seats, it will get a lot more likely. I think that a coalition of Ds and sensible Rs could get it done. Depends on what they hear from their constituents.
I understand all that I meant in real numbers as well as getting it up the pipeline to a real vote.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:05 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is not what they believe, it is what you believe they believe.
Actually, some do believe that. I have heard a few people say EXACTLY that - that the wine at the wedding at Cana, for example, did not contain alcohol. We were discussing whether or not drinking is sinful, and that is how they explained away any argument that no, in fact, it is not.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:11 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I understand all that I meant in real numbers as well as getting it up the pipeline to a real vote.
There's actually several bills already in congress. I think the only reason this one is being talking about in a thread is because it's from Schumer.

https://www.thecannabist.co/2018/01/...ponsors/96316/

Quote:
House Bill 975 — Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017: amending the Controlled Substances Act so that its language does not apply to people complying with state marijuana laws.

House Bill 1227 — Ending Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017: a bill to deregulate marijuana federally and include prohibitions such as interstate sales and trafficking.

House Bill 1823 — Marijuana Revenue and Regulation Act: amending the Internal Revenue Code to provide for taxation and regulation of marijuana products.

House Bill 1841 — Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act: removing marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act; transition oversight of marijuana to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; and to treat marijuana similar to alcohol under federal statutes.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:16 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,568,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I just want to know if I can sue someone for making me sick with their pot smoke like I could sue a drunk driver who hits me with their car

If I was younger, and had young children, and my neighbor smoked and I could smell it inside my apartment, I'd want to know if I was justified in beating the crap out of them for harming my kids.
You might be careful approaching your neighbors like so. They may be inflicted with the Reefer Madness. Smoking marihuana cigarettes is known to make murderers out of otherwise docile men. Give them a wide berth, lest you and your children be cannibalized by bloodthirsty stoners.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:16 AM

858 posts, read 424,994 times
It's insane that Marijuana is a schedule I drug but Oxycontin/Percocet/etc are Schedule II.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:19 AM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Actually, some do believe that. I have heard a few people say EXACTLY that - that the wine at the wedding at Cana, for example, did not contain alcohol. We were discussing whether or not drinking is sinful, and that is how they explained away any argument that no, in fact, it is not.
Here's my understanding of alcohol and it's effect on the human race in general based on my experience and evidence I've observed for over 24 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This preacher is an idiot.

Wine is wine.

PERIOD!

80% to 90% of the people have no problem with wine period end of story. So, 10% to 20% of folks can get just as messed up on wine or beer or booze, if they are so inclined.

Noah was quite a drinker for example. I'd categorize him as shameless potential hard drinker, but probably not full blown alky.

Solomon talked about the problem drinker.

If you're not alky, you should probably not apply worries to something that doesn't affect you.

This guy is just demonstrating the inability to differentiate his feelings and ego from his actual limited intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
It's insane that Marijuana is a schedule I drug but Oxycontin/Percocet/etc are Schedule II.
Agreed.

I'm totally in favor of making the use of marijuana the same as drinking a beer, but do it at the fed level.

For weed smokers to demonize alcohol is idiotic and myopic thinking.

For most people, weed ain't all that and a bag of chips imo. But give people the right to figure this out for themselves.

I have a solution to the opioid tragedy too. Don't let fentanyl get into your body and don't buy into the victimization narrative of doctors pharmacists drug cartels pusher dealers etc. being the killers here.

Just don't get hooked on drugs, be it street or prescription or otherwise.

Victimhood has become the killer here. Oh, and it's a huge lucrative industry which is bankrupting our country.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-22-2018 at 09:31 AM..

Old 04-22-2018, 10:07 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I just want to know if I can sue someone for making me sick with their pot smoke like I could sue a drunk driver who hits me with their car and my apartment complex can tell people they can't smoke it inside their apartments because it goes through the walls (and also ruins the apartment they are in making it costly for the complex owners) like cigarette smoke does. If I was younger, and had young children, and my neighbor smoked and I could smell it inside my apartment, I'd want to know if I was justified in beating the crap out of them for harming my kids.

If you want to eat it or have smelly hair and clothes because you smoked it in some bar or have man boobs to go along with your make up, man buns, shaved chests, earrings, buffed or polished nails, sprayed hair, and hair products, be my guest. That has no impact on me.
Just keep 'em out of the tide pods.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:50 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
you might be careful approaching your neighbors like so. They may be inflicted with the reefer madness. Smoking marihuana cigarettes is known to make murderers out of otherwise docile men. Give them a wide berth, lest you and your children be cannibalized by bloodthirsty stoners.
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies