Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 09:59 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not all pot abusers are mass-shooters, but the psycho-toxins found in marijuana can certainly have a very negative affect, especially on younger people.
This, from the UK government...

"High THC has long been known to be toxic to vulnerable groups, and for some reason, teenage boys may have psychotic breaks as a result. This has been suspected by medical doctors for many years, and now we know experimentally that pure (synthetic) THC is certainly psycho-toxic to vulnerable people."

It goes on to say that in the UK a majority of 1,000 samples of street cannabis were found to be high quality, high THC, sinsemilla (which is what was available in the US since in the 1970's onward) so nothing new here.

They also say that street dealers, if anyone seriously believes this, I don't know about your gullibility, also add synthetic THC (according to them, the most toxic kind) to their street weed before selling it.

Really, the British government should just write fantasy novels and sell them on the side for some quick cash!

Old 04-23-2018, 10:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Unfortunately most of the Texas legislature didn't agree. That bill was in 2015 though, which was eons ago when talking about this issue. I wonder if it was attempted today if it would at least be taken a little more seriously.
I doubt it, Texas Law enforcement relies heavily on the drug trade in their state, take a good portion of that away, and watch their budgets get lowered, positions be eliminated, etc etc.

They need a steady supply of drugs coming in, to continuously wage the drug war.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:46 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I doubt it, Texas Law enforcement relies heavily on the drug trade in their state, take a good portion of that away, and watch their budgets get lowered, positions be eliminated, etc etc.

They need a steady supply of drugs coming in, to continuously wage the drug war.
It works the same way in every state. It's a travesty and this is the first step toward weaning them off this teat of corruption.

The biggest thing working against Texas is that legalization cannot happen through a ballot initiative or proposition the way it has in every state so far except for Vermont. There was a law passed in Texas in 1997 after California voted for medical cannabis that specified that any reform to cannabis laws would have to come from an act of the Legislature.

Said Legislature meets once every two years, in January of odd-numbered years, and it's not likely to happen in the 2019 session. But we'll see what happens.

If it's taken off the CSA schedule, the argument that it can't be because it's federally illegal is moot. However, this bill does nothing to change state laws and those still apply in states like Texas until they're changed.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:51 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
just what we need, more burn outs everywhere

dont we have enough already?
I predict one use will be soft drinks.

7 Down instead of 7 Up?

Old 04-23-2018, 03:57 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Texas will hold out for a while longer in my opinion but it's also a big money state with some large, progressive metropolitan areas. I can definitely see the state legalizing within the next 10-15 years.

I think it will be a 30-50 year wait in states like Oklahoma and other highly right-wing, religious authoritarian states.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:34 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not all pot abusers are mass-shooters
wow thanks for clearing that up

i was really worried there that "abusing pot" might cause people to go on a murdering spree

Old 04-25-2018, 07:59 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

i was really worried there that "abusing pot" might cause people to go on a murdering spree
To Finn, any cannabis use is abuse.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:04 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:

It only takes one injection of marijuana to turn you into a baby killing, face eating, scromiting, murderous zombie.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It only takes one injection of marijuana to turn you into a baby killing, face eating, scromiting, murderous zombie.
it's those psycho-toxins, you've gotta find one without all the psycho-toxins.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:21 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
it's those psycho-toxins, you've gotta find one without all the psycho-toxins.
Those psycho-toxins build up because they are never expelled, they are stored in every cell of the body (especially fat cells in the brain) until they are cleansed by the second coming of Christ. That means anyone who has even simply smelled a burning marihuanas should never drive again for the rest of their natural lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies