Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 12:21 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times

Advertisements

I can't understand why anyone would go on TV and voluntarily talk about something that goes against their "boss." It makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 12:21 PM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There IS no such thing as a 'perjury trap' if the person being questioned tells the truth, alleging there is is doing nothing but admitting Trump can't be expected to tell the truth.
But some big names in Washington have lied under oath and not been charged with perjury.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:22 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
just because Rudy says it, doesn't make it true
Does, too! If somebody's lawyer says something, it's to be taken ex cathedra!

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Guiliani is awfully worried that they can get Trump to say something he shouldn't.

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It was interesting that Giuliani said that Russian collusion is over, and that the payments to Daniels, and reimbursement of Cohen are all documented, and does not violate campaign finance law.

Mueller is left with obstruction, something he can never prove.

Giuliani also said it is Mueller that is refusing written questions, confirming that Mueller is only interested in a perjury trap.

This going public strategy by Trump's legal team is quite interesting, they have taken away control of the narrative from Mueller's leakers, and the Trump hating members of the media.

Well played Rudy.
So Trump says he knew nothing of the payment Cohen made to Daniels. Then he did. So everybody is okay with Trump lying. But, but, but it's not illegal and not a campaign contribution. Give me a break. What about his lying mouth? When Trump was on Air Force One, why didn't he tell the reporter that it was documented instead of lying and saying he knew nothing about it? WTH?

Old 05-03-2018, 12:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I can't understand why anyone would go on TV and voluntarily talk about something that goes against their "boss." It makes no sense.
Some believe that was the plan. Folks would focus more on Guliani spilling the beans than the fact our President is a liar

Old 05-03-2018, 12:30 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
The interview was uproarious and bizarre.

“Ivanka Trump? I think I would get on my charger and go ride into their offices with a lance, if they go after Ivanka. Now if they do do Ivanka, which I don’t think they will, the whole country will turn on them. If they go after her, the whole country will turn on them. They’re going after his daughter?”

Really?

Rudy marching to Mueller's office in a suit of armor and a lance. The whole notion makes you want to laugh.

The country rising up for Ivanka?

Even Trumpers see that as a sorry comment. How unhinged are these people?

Poor Jared, he is "disposable".

Rudy is going through a divorce so maybe he has his eyes on dating Ivanka. "She's a fine woman," Rudy said. Whoa!!!!!!

He'll have to get in line though after the Donald.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
just because Rudy says it, doesn't make it true
i think i would trust giuliani given his years of experience than i would someone else at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There IS no such thing as a 'perjury trap' if the person being questioned tells the truth, alleging there is is doing nothing but admitting Trump can't be expected to tell the truth.
bull crap. perjury traps exist because lawyers decide to trust one person over another for what ever reason. in this case mueller would believe comey, even though he is a proven liar, than he would trump if there is a conflict in what each person said. and there in lies the trap.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:41 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
I really liked Rudy Giuliani and was happy to vote for him. I was disappointed when he turned out to be a full-throated Trump defender, but now I'm thinking it might have been a ruse.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:48 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The interview was uproarious and bizarre.

“Ivanka Trump? I think I would get on my charger and go ride into their offices with a lance, if they go after Ivanka. Now if they do do Ivanka, which I don’t think they will, the whole country will turn on them. If they go after her, the whole country will turn on them. They’re going after his daughter?”

Rudy marching to Mueller's office in a suit of armor and a lance. The whole notion makes you want to laugh.
Pssssst... you were supposed to laugh.

It's tragic that Loony Leftists have to go through life without a sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies