Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 02:09 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times

Advertisements

Dems, have come a long way since I left the party, they expect us not to defend our borders and therefore they don't believe in our sovereignty as a country. No border = No country, lets see how well that works out

Old 06-15-2018, 02:10 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If you don't like our laws, get out of the country. Problem solved. All dignified nations have laws, and what would laws be without punishment for breaking them? This is pretty basic stuff here, yet so many still struggle to wrap their puny little minds around it.
Apparently it's only wrong if America defends its borders like every other Free country does

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-15-2018 at 02:45 PM..

Old 06-15-2018, 02:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...ursday-n883171

Excellent!

Good on these protestors for using their First Amendment rights to stand up to this un-American government tyranny. This is the real spirit of America.
They do have the right to protest, no one should question that, but our laws are our laws. You come here illegally, you know you are taking a chance of being deported and if you have kids here in America, they may very well be separated from you. Don't blame our government, blame the irresponsible men and women living her illegally and deciding to have kids. rite

Old 06-15-2018, 02:13 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,951,967 times
Default Thousands nationwide protest family separations at U.S.-Mexico border

Better half a decade late as never I suppose.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:15 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,191,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Excellent!

Good on these protestors for using their First Amendment rights to stand up to this un-American government tyranny. This is the real spirit of America.

Enforcing immigration laws and protecting the border is neither un-American nor tyranny, and if the illegals didn't understand the consequences of their actions, then double dumb-ass on them.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:17 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,964,895 times
"It's hard to look at the images, hear the stories, to listen to the mothers' stories of their children being taken away and just being told, 'We're taking them to give them a bath,' and then never seeing them again," Eller said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...ursday-n883171

Old 06-15-2018, 02:20 PM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Even if you believe crossing the border makes one a crimnal, how does kidnapping their children fit in with that?

We are seeing how the Nazis operated in real time. A little demagoguery here, a spalsh of propaganda there...easy peasy!

Old 06-15-2018, 02:21 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,803,235 times
I'm seriously torn on this whole thing. I'm trying to understand more and the more I read about this, the more I find that this has been going on for a while. That what is being done is actually the law?
We're talking back to George W. Some articles I'm finding are saying that many of these kids are unaccompanied. Some articles are showing they are living pretty good.
Then I think of American children who are homeless and wondering where their next meal is going to come from now that school is out or is getting out for the summer. Where is the outrage for them?

The more I read, the more torn I get.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:23 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,803,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Even if you believe crossing the border makes one a crimnal, how does kidnapping their children fit in with that?

We are seeing how the Nazis operated in real time. A little demagoguery here, a spalsh of propaganda there...easy peasy!
From what I've been reading, the law says they are a criminal. Here in the US if a legal citizen is a criminal and is put behind bars, they don't put their kid(s) there with them. They get put in a foster home, group home or with family.
This is part of what is making me so torn on this. Honestly, I would rather them deport them all.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:24 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,290,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
It sure is a hot topic on the international news circuit.

Children in a San Diego detention center are now on the spotlight where 65 boys are detained. There is some English language education at this location, although it's unknown whether that was staged for the day or a regular event. The children are allowed 2 supervised 10 minute phone calls per week. Reporters were not allowed to talk to any of the children.

The center is run by a non-profit group that operates 27 detention centers.

So bizarre!
You mean after all this discussion you're still back at square one? You can't tell the difference between someone claiming to be an asylum seeker, someone being legally recognized as an asylum seeker, someone calling themselves to be an asylum seeker and choosing to break the law by entering illegaly?

The differences are pretty clear. Law breakers are arrested an thrown in jail. Their children are not. This is a truth. A fact. A constant.

Every article I read about this topic specifically says they entered illegaly.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...uprisings-acr/

Quote:
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar told lawmakers on June 6 that authorities are not arbitrarily splitting up families who seek asylum in the U.S.

Individual children are separated from their parents only when those parents cross the border illegally and are arrested,” he told Democratic Rep. Suzanne Bonamici of Oregon. “We can’t have children with parents who are in incarceration, so they are given to me. … So the best advice I have is, actually present yourself at a legal border crossing and make your case.”
What is hard to understand about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies