Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 07:10 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times

Advertisements

Trump has given people targets and fuel for their hate.

Old story about the grandfather explaining to his grandson how there are two wolves inside of us who are always at battle.

The good wolf represents kindness, courage, and love.

The bad wolf represents greed, fear, cowardice, and hatred.

The grandson asks, "Which one wins?"

The grandfather quietly answers, "The one you feed."

Old 05-27-2018, 08:17 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump has given people targets and fuel for their hate.

Old story about the grandfather explaining to his grandson how there are two wolves inside of us who are always at battle.

The good wolf represents kindness, courage, and love.

The bad wolf represents greed, fear, cowardice, and hatred.

The grandson asks, "Which one wins?"

The grandfather quietly answers, "The one you feed."
That is such a lazy argument. If you believe that we should have open borders, then make that argument. That is the “good wolf” argument. Isn’t that what the “good wolf” would believe? You can’t make that argument though, because you know we don’t have the resources to provide for all of the world’s poor people that want to come here without bankrupting our social services.

So tell me why these people who skirt our laws are more deserving than the people who want to come here legally. THAT is the argument that I just don’t get. Why do the people that steal their way into the country deserve more “kindness” than the people who respect our laws? Why do they get rewarded for doing the wrong thing while the people that do the right thing, get punished?

Old 05-27-2018, 08:46 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
This is not what the poster is saying. If you guys think that, maybe you have your own common sense issues.

No, not all crimes are equal. That is why we have different punishments for different crimes. But ALL crimes are to be prosecuted. That is the only way our laws can work.

When he starts saying that we should have the same punishment for illegal aliens that we do for murderers, then we can talk about his common sense.
Not all crimes are prosecuted now. So, no, all crimes DO NOT get prosecuted. Many times a settlement is made or the prosecutors decide its not worth the time or money to pursue certain cases.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:48 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
That is such a lazy argument. If you believe that we should have open borders, then make that argument. That is the “good wolf” argument. Isn’t that what the “good wolf” would believe? You can’t make that argument though, because you know we don’t have the resources to provide for all of the world’s poor people that want to come here without bankrupting our social services.

So tell me why these people who skirt our laws are more deserving than the people who want to come here legally. THAT is the argument that I just don’t get. Why do the people that steal their way into the country deserve more “kindness” than the people who respect our laws? Why do they get rewarded for doing the wrong thing while the people that do the right thing, get punished?
How are people who do the right thing getting punished?

Why is a law more important than a human life?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:02 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
We don't owe asylum to anyone. Those agreements ought to be cancelled because the US Federal Government was never delegated the authority to sign them in the first place. Where in the enumerated powers was the Federal govt granted the power to import any persons into the US or allow in foreign nationals for "asylum". Please enlighten us as to the Constitutional source for this.
Read Article II.

Quote:
Rules for something the govt never had any authority to do are kinda ridiculous.

What you're really upset about is that a decades old leftist scheme foisted on Americans by the UN, doesn't do enough to really destroy our nation through balkanization, economic parasitism, and demographic warfare.

Well, too bad. Asylum acts, all of them, are unconstitutional usurpation of power by a rogue government.
Read Article II again.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How are people who do the right thing getting punished?

Why is a law more important than a human life?
Without the huge, massive illegal immigration problem, it would be economically feasible to allow for more legal immigration.

Human life? We are not killing these people. Just sending them home. If that is akin to killing them, let them apply for refugee status.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Not all crimes are prosecuted now. So, no, all crimes DO NOT get prosecuted. Many times a settlement is made or the prosecutors decide its not worth the time or money to pursue certain cases.
For this to happen, they actually have to make an arrest. You dont even want them to make the arrest. you would like the crime to be ignored.

Also, unless they go home, they go right back to committing the same crime. Dont they then become repeat offenders?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:30 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
This is not what the poster is saying. If you guys think that, maybe you have your own common sense issues.

No, not all crimes are equal. That is why we have different punishments for different crimes. But ALL crimes are to be prosecuted. That is the only way our laws can work.

When he starts saying that we should have the same punishment for illegal aliens that we do for murderers, then we can talk about his common sense.
You are dicing hairs his thought lacked the sophistication you are trying to portray, he mentioned border crossers and murderers in the same sentence he is conveying that he pretty much views the undocumented as equally bad as the drug dealers and murderers. You can try to explain it away but that is what was implied in his sentence.

Last edited by AFP; 05-27-2018 at 09:40 AM..

Old 05-27-2018, 09:34 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
The idea that Democrats are in favor of open borders is a lie.

There were years the Obama administration was deporting more undocumented immigrants than the Trump administration is now.

Border walls were built during Democratic administrations. Undocumented Chipotle employees were rounded up during Obama years. ...

Treating people humanely is not the same as wanting open borders.

Separating children from their parents is unconscionable. How does any moral person defend losing track of 1,500 children?

No amount of spin and lies is going to change this.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:36 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Without the huge, massive illegal immigration problem, it would be economically feasible to allow for more legal immigration.

Human life? We are not killing these people. Just sending them home. If that is akin to killing them, let them apply for refugee status.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies