Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 07:50 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,683,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Because the media didn't hate the president during the Obama administration. .
Truth.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:52 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
When you have kids, doing anything that would result in loss of said kids should be on the top of your mind at all times.
Not being there for them. Losing time with them, etc.

If *I* went out of my way to perpetrate a behavior that resulted in their being taken away, how can I blame others?

Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The point is not all crimes are equal.

An undocumented border crosser who brought her kid to make a better life for themselves isn't the same as a murderer? If you think so then you might as well through all common sense out the window.
Lots of criminals violate the law to make better lives for themselves and their families.
Where do you draw the line?

Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,874 times
Don't they just become "unaccompanied minors" at that point?

Old 05-26-2018, 07:58 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lots of criminals violate the law to make better lives for themselves and their families.
You draw the line at due process of law.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:00 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You draw the line at due process of law.

Due process is for citizens, not for invaders.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:01 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Oh stop with the spin. NPR was the one that used "tough deterrent" in their question to Kelly, Kelly was simply responding to it. And, the "foster care or whatever" comment, foster care is a limited resource and may be stretched fairly thin in taking care of citizen children. The whatever doesn't mean a dank cellar, ya know.

The NPR and Kelly transcript, from the link that was within the article you linked...

"NPR: Family separation stands as a pretty tough deterrent.

Kelly: It could be a tough deterrent — would be a tough deterrent. A much faster turnaround on asylum seekers.

NPR: Even though people say that's cruel and heartless to take a mother away from her children?

Kelly: I wouldn't put it quite that way. The children will be taken care of — put into foster care or whatever. But the big point is they elected to come illegally into the United States and this is a technique that no one hopes will be used extensively or for very long."
(NPR & Kelly names added by me)
Weak.

Even Kelly knows this is wrong.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:08 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Sure illegal entry is not akin to murder but no one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Americans want a better life for their kids to but how can they do that when an illegal alien has taken their job by working for less and having to help cover the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us? Illegals also resort to felony ID theft and/or tax evasion and some do go on to commit more serious crimes. As you said, where do we draw the line and since when do we get to pick and choose what laws we will follow or enforce?

Old 05-26-2018, 08:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Then complete the investigation. Charge them. Have the hearing. Let the judge determine whether they are fit parents.

But grabbing their children and sending them off to who knows where is wrong.
Kids are taken from their American families every day before there is a trial. For the good of the child, for their own protection from their parents or when the parents have demonstrated that they endanger their children.
These illegals don't deserve any more consideration than a citizen. It really does suck to have criminals for parents or parents who would endanger you. I have no sympathy for illegals.
I am a legal immigrant in another country. I respected the laws of the country I chose. I obey their laws. I didn't and don't force myself upon them.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:43 PM

589 posts, read 300,281 times
No one is breaking up family except the Illegal who tries to cross the border illegally.

I don't know about you, OP, but if my mother knew that I would be separated from her trying to come here illegally, she wouldn't even bat an eye, she WOULDN'T do it!!! Like a loving caring mother who takes responsibility for me, as any mother should be, she would NOT cross the border at the risk of being separated, even for a second. PLUS, she would not do it since it's knowingly BREAKING our laws.

So, the only person who is separating families and are being hateful are the Illegal parent of the child. They should be ashamed for hating their child(ren) by placing in a situation where they will be separated. What kind of parent does that? Definitely, not a caring one for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies