Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 10:01 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The hyperbole & rhetoric from the left shows how devoid and bereft of ideas and thought process they are.
Bill Maher, a leftist in his own right, said as much when every time Trump said or did something, Pelosi & Co were saying it was Armageddon.
He correctly said that "when everything is Armageddon, nothing is Armageddon".
For some of the dimwits who don't understand what he meant, look up "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" fable.

When you think of the earning power a college degree gets you (provided you pick a normal major) beyond room, board, food, tuition, etc., it comes to much more than $72k per year these athletes receive.

`
You can count on 1 hand the college players that land $72000 jobs. It's $10 million or $10 thousand and 99% get $10,000 (I'm talking football and basketball here, not golf or badmitten.) The NCAA is greatest exploiter of American youth there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 10:54 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
You can count on 1 hand the college players that land $72000 jobs. It's $10 million or $10 thousand and 99% get $10,000 (I'm talking football and basketball here, not golf or badmitten.) The NCAA is greatest exploiter of American youth there is.
Exploiter?

They are given a FREE college education, and as we know the left ADORES people with a college education
And the OPPORTUNITY to make 10s of millions a year.

If these "athletes" are so mad about how much a college makes, why do they keep accepting the scholarships?

NO ONE makes them take it.

Why don't they go out on their OWN and "learn the trade"?

Without football and basketball in a smaller degree, their would NOT be so many other sports available in college because football PAYS for all the other sports to exist.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
"and 99% get $10,000 (I'm talking football...)

Not quite sure what you are trying to say but,
"What is the wage scale for 2018?

Teams had money allocated against the salary cap before the draft, based on the rookie pool and the league’s salary cap, which in 2018 is $177.2 million. Each team’s rookie pool will look a little different based on their salary cap situation, but a safe calculation is $480,000 (the first-year minimum) times the number of draft picks.'

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/...ge-scale-draft

Old 05-12-2018, 12:39 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"and 99% get $10,000 (I'm talking football...)

Not quite sure what you are trying to say but,
"What is the wage scale for 2018?

Teams had money allocated against the salary cap before the draft, based on the rookie pool and the league’s salary cap, which in 2018 is $177.2 million. Each team’s rookie pool will look a little different based on their salary cap situation, but a safe calculation is $480,000 (the first-year minimum) times the number of draft picks.'

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/...ge-scale-draft
I'm talking about the 99% that don't make the pros. They wind up with nothing except a joke college degree, if that. Meanwhile, the college has raked in millions from the player's work and God forbid if the player has received even 1 cent for any of it.

Let the colleges pay them. Some Ohio State player put it honestly a few years ago. He said we ain't here for no education. We're here to play football. (One of their QB's who couldn't pass to save himself.) If only everyone else could be so truthful about what goes on at these schools.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:52 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
I'm talking about the 99% that don't make the pros. They wind up with nothing except a joke college degree, if that. Meanwhile, the college has raked in millions from the player's work and God forbid if the player has received even 1 cent for any of it.

Let the colleges pay them. Some Ohio State player put it honestly a few years ago. He said we ain't here for no education. We're here to play football. (One of their QB's who couldn't pass to save himself.) If only everyone else could be so truthful about what goes on at these schools.
They can get any degree they want, it is their fault for selecting the joke of a degree.

If it is such a bad deal, they are not forced to take it. They can go do something besides college, or go to college another route.

I financed college via the GI Bill. They are more than welcomed to join the military and receive the same benefit. I know I was feeling very sorry for those NCAA folks when I was doing my combat deployments, lol.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:58 PM

553 posts, read 617,153 times
Quote:

That was Cardale Jones. What he said (or, more precisely, tweeted) in October 2012 was: "Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS"

He won a national championship in college, and has made a million dollars as a backup in the NFL thus far. His attitude towards academics changed in the meantime; he graduated from OSU last spring.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:10 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He decided to go pro because of an investigation into him getting a free lunch. The mother is wrong in what she said but so is worrying about a free lunch.
misinformation. HE didnt get the free lunch...a family member did. stop trying to spread lies but thats the lkeftist way, isnt it?

Old 05-13-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:

"God forbid if the player has received even 1 cent for any of it."

So, a FREE college education with all the trimmings worthless to you.

A LOT of these players would NEVER get the opportunity to go to college without a sports scholarship.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
misinformation. HE didnt get the free lunch...a family member did. stop trying to spread lies but thats the lkeftist way, isnt it?
LOL......just felt a need to rant?

Old 05-13-2018, 02:10 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL......just felt a need to rant?

the topic of the thread is a Carter family member getting an Outback meal, although trying to shift the focus to me is cute. I might go to Outback too.

The mother is a hypocrite and the NCAA cleared Carter within a week of this "report". So your reason for him going pro was shot down before it even took flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies