Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 01:47 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So now the taxpayers not paying your bills is somehow denying your "right to choose"? Planned Parenthood had $4,000,000 to donate to democrats in 2016 alone, they should be able to fund your "right to choose" without tax dollars.
Precisely why PP now gets the bulk of my charitable giving. I used to focus on organizations that address world hunger but, feel like the religious folk will take care of them. Now my giving goes to PP and environmental groups only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 01:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
But the DR isn’t even allowed to mention the word abortion to thier patient.

This is really just about Trump kissing his fan bases arse and nothing else he’s using them.
PP doesn't mention ADOPTION. they just assume the woman is coming in for an abortion and won't talk about anything else. They do need to get their quota of abortions before the end of the month.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Precisely why PP now gets the bulk of my charitable giving. I used to focus on organizations that address world hunger but, feel like the religious folk will take care of them. Now my giving goes to PP and environmental groups only.
Good. Let those who want women to get abortions give the money, not those who do not support it.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:54 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This plan does not stop abortions. Read it again. It separates the facilities.
If it will not stop abortions, what is the point?

Old 05-19-2018, 01:58 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Last time I checked abortion was a legal medical procedure.
Last time I checked, several religions prohibited murder

Old 05-19-2018, 02:12 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
PP doesn't mention ADOPTION. they just assume the woman is coming in for an abortion and won't talk about anything else. They do need to get their quota of abortions before the end of the month.
False.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...ering-adoption

"The staff at your local Planned Parenthood can also refer you to adoption agencies or other resources in your area."

There are no quotas, as you were told in another thread. Repeating that does not lend credibility to your argument.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pl...ortion-quotas/

Old 05-19-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If it will not stop abortions, what is the point?
Point is our tax dollars won't go towards abortion as PP says it does not. This will make them prove it.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
False.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...ering-adoption

"The staff at your local Planned Parenthood can also refer you to adoption agencies or other resources in your area."

There are no quotas, as you were told in another thread. Repeating that does not lend credibility to your argument.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pl...ortion-quotas/
Sorry, I trust Abby Johnson who ran an abortion clinic over left leaning Snopes. She saw what was going on in the clinics.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:38 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? When a woman comes in for a pregnancy test, PP does not automatically refer her for abortion. She is referred for continuing prenatal care! A pregnant woman will only be referred for termination if she seeks it out.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:55 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not seeing a problem. Many people support abortion. Just have them voluntarily contribute to pay for abortions.
This boils down to congress disagreeing with PP accounting system that they created, they requested that no tax dollars go to abortion procedures. PP is the most audited health care clinic in the universe but now they need the added expense of separating facilities, closing buildings and relocating. This is just Trump preaching to his rabid base, do they want to prevent unwanted pregnancies or just make a point for the November election.

This will be challenged and Trump will lose in the courts, its a solution looking for a problem. Even if successful it will do nothing to prevent abortions but it will impact 4 million looking for access to health care. More money wasted, more right wing GOP members wasting time, do they want to reduce the abortion rate or just increase the number of foster children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies