Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 09:16 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What has he done? Be specific with his accomplishments....

I can think of one, he stopped Publix from providing ALL donations to everything Publix supported....

He has started a national discussion about the insanity of regular citizens having access to weapons that should only be in the hands of military or law enforcement, for one. That is a good start.

He evidently has struck some fear into gun nuts, because this "kid" has been attacked, called every ugly name in the book, and he still stays strong. He is very much like the anti Vietnam war protesters we saw in the late 60's, who forced the government to rethink what the Hell we were doing in that God forsaken country.

Hogg is the NRA's worst nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 09:18 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I swear Pubs are the biggest group of snowflakes. Read some of their insipid comments.
But you hardly see conservatives blocking highways, setting stuff on fire, breaking windows, smashing cars or assaulting people with different political beliefs

Old 05-27-2018, 09:22 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
David Hogg was sitting at home when the shooting happened. Then the next day, he goes on MSNBC and lies about being in AP environmental science class. Kind of like how Hillary lied about being under sniper fire in Bosnia
This fake news has been debunked. He was in class and numerous people can attest to that. Even redstate.com retracted their info saying he was in fact on campus.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:26 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
I guess young Mr.Hogg survived a school shooting but not character assassination by the gun lobby. Despicable.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:27 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
He has started a national discussion about the insanity of regular citizens having access to weapons that should only be in the hands of military or law enforcement, for one. That is a good start.

He evidently has struck some fear into gun nuts, because this "kid" has been attacked, called every ugly name in the book, and he still stays strong. He is very much like the anti Vietnam war protesters we saw in the late 60's, who forced the government to rethink what the Hell we were doing in that God forsaken country.

Hogg is the NRA's worst nightmare.
Thanks for bringing up one of his false claims. While class III firearms are available to the common citizen it requires quite a bit to attain one. Background checks, creating a trust, applying for and getting approval for a tax stamp and spending about $20k.
And i think, since the NFA law was enacted, only two shootings occured with an NFA firearm.
An AR15 chambered in 5.56 is no different then the average hunting rifle. I have one because the round is weak enough to shoot at my local indoor ranges, something i can't do with my 40 plus year old SKS.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:28 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
But you hardly see conservatives blocking highways, setting stuff on fire, breaking windows, smashing cars or assaulting people with different political beliefs

They are too damn old !

Old 05-27-2018, 09:29 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
David Hogg was sitting at home when the shooting happened. Then the next day, he goes on MSNBC and lies about being in AP environmental science class. Kind of like how Hillary lied about being under sniper fire in Bosnia
Back that statement up.

David Hogg not at school during shooting? Bloggers spread misinformation | PolitiFact Florida

You're doing nothing more than spreading FAKE NEWS, and right wing nutter talking points.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:31 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Twenty five years from now, David Hogg may be the Governor of Florida, when many of his current critics are taking an extended "dirt nap"!

Old 05-27-2018, 09:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
"I call on Publix to..." fits your definition of FORCE or Threat? Sounds more like a request/challenge to me but I'm not a conservative snowflake.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:33 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs;

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They are too damn old !
You support blocking highways, setting stuff on fire, breaking windows, smashing cars or assaulting people with different political beliefs?

How can you do that with a clear conscious?

Are you so progressive that infringing on the rights of others is acceptable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies