Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 11:22 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I find him very intelligent and articulate which seems to scare some people so they try to demean and ridicule him....
People ridicule him because he wants to use the first amendment to protest the second.

If the government takes away our second amendment rights, they can take away other rights as well.

Next thing you know, we'll end up like the Soviet Union or Cuba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 11:24 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
More like the Governor of a local drama club or acting guild.
For some reason, that I don’t understand, you seem to resent younger people taking a stand for what they believe in. This is our next generation and the older generation always ridicules them

Old 05-27-2018, 11:39 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
People who say "only police should have guns", also protests police because of racism and brutality.
It's cognitive dissonance.

“Cops are out of control.”

“Only those racist, out of control cops should have guns. And they should use their guns to forcibly confiscate peoples' guns.”

Old 05-27-2018, 11:42 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
People ridicule him because he wants to use the first amendment to protest the second.

If the government takes away our second amendment rights, they can take away other rights as well.
For the 10,000th time...the right of gun ownership does not come from the 2nd Amendment. It is the natural law of property rights; it exists with or without the 2A.

Governments do not grant rights.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:13 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Some on this thread suggest that bullying students is the root cause of school shootings. So what do they do.... they bully a student. The prom dress snark is a perfect example.
And we wonder where school kids learn how to bully.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:18 AM

362 posts, read 589,757 times
hes a young moron used by older morons

Old 05-28-2018, 12:19 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
He has started a national discussion about the insanity of regular citizens having access to weapons that should only be in the hands of military or law enforcement, for one. That is a good start.

He evidently has struck some fear into gun nuts, because this "kid" has been attacked, called every ugly name in the book, and he still stays strong. He is very much like the anti Vietnam war protesters we saw in the late 60's, who forced the government to rethink what the Hell we were doing in that God forsaken country.

Hogg is the NRA's worst nightmare.
They sure seem to be quaking in their boots. Actually, what happened to mr "NO MORE". I guess no more meant no more appearances?

Old 05-28-2018, 12:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And we wonder where school kids learn how to bully.
It's like the old ad about parents who use drugs.
Dad: "Son where did you learn to be a bully?"
Son: "I learned it from you dad!"
Voice-over: "Parents who are bullies, have kids who become bullies."

IMHO, the conservatives are the bullies. They use entirely hateful speech about people who disagree with immigration or guns or whatever and then misdirect if challenged. I mean don't get me wrong, I would not be surprised if SOME bullying would effect school shootings but for the most part the shooters plan to die but do not leave a suicide note or don't say much of anything because they have some sort of dissociative disorder that prevents them from showing feelings. I wish people would actually study the more recent school shootings to really get a true profile and know what does actually make it up so we can stop blaming death metal, gothic lifestyles and video games; and show the real causes: accessibility to guns and mental illnesses (that are often unknown until it's too late.)

Old 05-28-2018, 01:00 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It's like the old ad about parents who use drugs.
Dad: "Son where did you learn to be a bully?"
Son: "I learned it from you dad!"
Voice-over: "Parents who are bullies, have kids who become bullies."

IMHO, the conservatives are the bullies. They use entirely hateful speech about people who disagree with immigration or guns or whatever and then misdirect if challenged. I mean don't get me wrong, I would not be surprised if SOME bullying would effect school shootings but for the most part the shooters plan to die but do not leave a suicide note or don't say much of anything because they have some sort of dissociative disorder that prevents them from showing feelings. I wish people would actually study the more recent school shootings to really get a true profile and know what does actually make it up so we can stop blaming death metal, gothic lifestyles and video games; and show the real causes: accessibility to guns and mental illnesses (that are often unknown until it's too late.)
Immigration? Really? Talk about two different parts of nothing.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Immigration? Really? Talk about two different parts of nothing.
The point from my post exactly. I mentioned a whole bunch of things that are normal political topics and it turns into an attack with the facepalm emoji just like I said Trump supporters do when you challenge them. I win, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies