Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 03:42 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
This all day long. Should this man have smacked that waitress's butt. No. Should he have been thrown out for it. Yes. Should he now be registered as a sex offender or be the subject of an ongoing debate on City Data? I don't think so. This shouldn't even be news.
Can't agree with you there.

It is definitely news, has even been on FOXNews.

As for not being an appropriate topic of ongoing debate on C-D, why not?

Clearly there are differences of opinion with some saying she acted appropriately in reporting it to her manager and her manager calling the cops. Others post that she should've just slapped his face and forgot about it.

Hard to say whether Clarence H. Locke Jr. should be registered as a sex offender. I'm willing to let the judicial system decide that.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 05-28-2018 at 04:11 AM..

Old 05-28-2018, 04:51 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
A slap on the butt deserves a slap back on the face, not criminal charges. And no I'm not condoning slapping a stranger's butt, no matter how juicy it looks. I'm just saying the punishment should fit the offense.

And then should could have been arrested for assault and gotten fired from her job. I am not saying she should have be it could have opened up a can of worms.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:43 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
I wonder if those defending this jerk would feel the same if the woman was not a waitress at Denny's. Do these people think it would be OK if the man was at his kid's school and slapped a teacher on the ass?

Old 05-28-2018, 09:00 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,957,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
And then should could have been arrested for assault and gotten fired from her job. I am not saying she should have be it could have opened up a can of worms.
He touched her first, so it would be self defense if she hit him back.

If some guy did that to me I wouldn't be just slapping him in the face, either. That would just be the start of my hitting back. Busting a chair over his head would probably be a follow-up. I'm 5'10, over 200 pounds, and an avid bicyclist and gym rat. You don't put your hands on me uninvited.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:08 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
In the first place, I've noticed that men don't seem to try that nonsense with 200 pound athletic women.

In the second place, do we really need brawls breaking out at Denny's?

Old 05-28-2018, 11:11 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Can't agree with you there.

It is definitely news, has even been on FOXNews.

As for not being an appropriate topic of ongoing debate on C-D, why not?

Clearly there are differences of opinion with some saying she acted appropriately in reporting it to her manager and her manager calling the cops. Others post that she should've just slapped his face and forgot about it.

Hard to say whether Clarence H. Locke Jr. should be registered as a sex offender. I'm willing to let the judicial system decide that.
Calling the cops on someone for this? really? That is going well overboard for such a thing.

She should have just slapped him back or hit him and be done with it.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:18 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Calling the cops on someone for this? really? That is going well overboard for such a thing.

She should have just slapped him back or hit him and be done with it.
She did the right thing. Now this will cause him duress right up to sentencing day.

he will never do this again.

Because it is being adjudicated properly in the criminal justice system, where I am sure he never expected to be.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:24 AM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post

If some guy did that to me I wouldn't be just slapping him in the face, either. That would just be the start of my hitting back. Busting a chair over his head would probably be a follow-up. I'm 5'10, over 200 pounds, and an avid bicyclist and gym rat. You don't put your hands on me uninvited.
The guy was crude, deserves the criminal charges, and deserved to get slapped in the face, etc...

However, I am not sure though that you are "legally correct" that if someone slaps your butt that you can hit the guy multiple times including "busting a chair over his head."

At some point doesn't self defense law only go so far? If someone slapped my butt, you would agree that I do NOT have the right to pull out a gun and start shooting to kill - correct? It seems like there is a limit.

I think she did the right thing - got her manager to kick the guy out and got the police to press charges.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 05-28-2018 at 11:49 AM..

Old 05-28-2018, 11:34 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Men shouldn't swat strange women in the rear, but the charge is worrying because it implies an overly vague vague boundary on a couple of fronts.

Whose to say when a man "knows" a woman well enough to touch her rear, or her hand for that matter?

What if its an accidental touch because of close quarters?

Is a woman's upper leg different then her rear? Why? How about the lower leg? How about the hand?

Her rear-end is not her genitals nor her breasts.

Are we going to ask permission every time a man touches a woman somewhere, or anywhere?

Whats the relationship boundary for when such permission is no longer required? What is needed for proof of this relationship?

This type of charge never happened before because it was too legally dangerous to apply for this particular action.

That it is now being applied puts it in the same category as the movement to try men by the court of public opinion first, and sometimes only there. With real consequences. This is because it both implies either a vague or heterodox application of the law, and . or a legal precedent that implies something dangerous for our social fabric.

Again, men shouldn't do that. But there needs to better developed definitions and law in place so that we can see where this is going and decide if the current path is socially healthy or not.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:38 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That's not how self defense works, genius.

Quote:
You're a female? A gay male? I'm confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies