Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 05:20 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I agree with what you have said, with one small reservation, and it may be a rather subtle one.

The waitress's right to be free from uninvited touch has nothing to do with her relationships. It is the result of her being human, and that is all. The question should not be "how would I feel if someone did this to MY sister/daughter/mother/SO," but "how would I feel if someone did this to ME."
I agree with you, as evidenced by my portion of post where I said character is about what one will not do.

I was explaining why guys attack other guys like this creep in Rome. Guys are instinctively protective of women, not meant condescendingly.

I am hoping it is a financially costly slap for him, meaning a hefty court fine plus court and attorney fees.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:23 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Most men do.

In rape cases, defense attorneys want as many women on a jury as possible, prosecutors want as many men as possible. Women are the only ones who will care how she was dressed, or about her sexual history. The more a defense lawyer talks of that, the more he will lose any shot with male jurors.

Men see this slapped lady as potentially the same victim a female sibling could easily be. That is why men usually lead the charge to fry perps.
I have absolutely no idea how what you have just said relates to my post.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:30 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,933,360 times
As well he should. I mean the stuff guys do that's being g reported these days is flatout weird. What if the waitress were your daughter, wife or sister? You'd be having a conniption if some weirdo at the restaurant grabbed a handful of them. Do people like this dude and all of the Weinstein types realize how weird they are when they do things like invite a woman to a business meeting, go in the back, come out naked and start masturbating? The absolute furthest thing in my mind while I'm at work in a professional setting is to get all touchy and grabby with my coworkers. I like my job and paycheck too much.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:42 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
One year in jail for this? Drug dealers don't get that.

Of course they do, dummy.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:24 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
I have absolutely no idea how what you have just said relates to my post.
Your point was this stuff (slap) occurs as men condone it. That is not true. IMO, women are women's harshest critiques, and most likely to be dismissive of harassment like this. I am delighted this guy was arrested.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:10 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Your point was this stuff (slap) occurs as men condone it. That is not true. IMO, women are women's harshest critiques, and most likely to be dismissive of harassment like this. I am delighted this guy was arrested.
No, that really wasn't my point at all. I think you should go back and read what I said, and the comment I was replying to when I said it.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:00 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,603,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the waitress who was hit on the butt was nicer than I would have been in that situation. I would have swung around and slapped that man on the face as hard as I could.
Quote:
I don't agree with you often, but I sure do this time. Slapped, or brained with a pot of scalding hot coffee.
<Sarcasm ON> (so don't take as my literal view, people)

But she didn't have to go to the doctor over it, or even bruised, or even have to break out the Lanacane spray! Hell, she didn't even get a bruise on her butt. A slight red spot that disappeared inside two hours maybe, but that's not anything hurtful. What the hell is wrong with people these days! Next thing you know women and girls'll have to get on antidepressants just because they get cat-called or whistled at - just like those wimpy crybabies back when I was a kid, the ones who who bawl and bawl every time we picked on them, not even beatin them up, just calling them names and embarrassing the hell out of them.

Part of being a strong woman (a phrase I hear a lot these days), just like being a strong man, is to accept the he-man (or "bro", to be more modern) standards, definitions, and criteria for appropriate and inappropriate treatment of non-bros is perfectly fine the way they are - and therefore don't need to change. Besides, these bros are the ones who kick the asses of any guy who makes lewd, pseudo-flattering remarks at his girlfriend or wife - which his girl appreciates!!! Women ought to be appreciating their cocky bro men for defending their honor and last but not least, being the real men that they are!

Catgirl and texan2yankee may claim to be strong women, but they don't have the slightest idea of what strong means if they let a little friendly slap anywhere be grounds for having someone just having fun arrested. A strong woman knows her duty, like anybody else, is to know that their say-so ends where the manly bros begins.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:12 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
BobNJ, you're posting nonsense.

Women are the ones behind the recent push to hold men accountable.

Women supported Anita Hill. Men voted him onto a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court.

Women were not the ones dismissing Trump's "locker room talk" about assaulting women because they don't have the power to object.

P.S. Read Phil's post above.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:18 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
<Sarcasm ON> (so don't take as my literal view, people)

But she didn't have to go to the doctor over it, or even bruised, or even have to break out the Lanacane spray! Hell, she didn't even get a bruise on her butt. A slight red spot that disappeared inside two hours maybe, but that's not anything hurtful. What the hell is wrong with people these days! Next thing you know women and girls'll have to get on antidepressants just because they get cat-called or whistled at - just like those wimpy crybabies back when I was a kid, the ones who who bawl and bawl every time we picked on them, not even beatin them up, just calling them names and embarrassing the hell out of them.

Part of being a strong woman (a phrase I hear a lot these days), just like being a strong man, is to accept the he-man (or "bro", to be more modern) standards, definitions, and criteria for appropriate and inappropriate treatment of non-bros is perfectly fine the way they are - and therefore don't need to change. Besides, these bros are the ones who kick the asses of any guy who makes lewd, pseudo-flattering remarks at his girlfriend or wife - which his girl appreciates!!! Women ought to be appreciating their cocky bro men for defending their honor and last but not least, being the real men that they are!

Catgirl and texan2yankee may claim to be strong women, but they don't have the slightest idea of what strong means if they let a little friendly slap anywhere be grounds for having someone just having fun arrested. A strong woman knows her duty, like anybody else, is to know that their say-so ends where the manly bros begins.

What's a little slap on the fanny, eh?

Didn't hurt her a bit.

She's another overreacting, over emotional female who can't take take joke.

One wonders what the reaction would be if women thought it was funny to reach down and grab men by the ***** and give a good tug and hearty laugh.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 05-27-2018 at 06:26 AM..

Old 05-27-2018, 07:12 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Creepy old man. Snowflake waitress. What could go wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies