Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 03:36 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times

Advertisements

Sorry about the link, but I have a new computer, and I can't figure out why my attempts to embed a video are not working. Anyway, this video seems appropriate for the thread...Man Gropes Reporter Instantly Regrets It. Seriously guys, keep your hands to yourself!

Old 05-26-2018, 03:42 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
What is the "Pound me too" era?
1) It's the 21st Century; idioms change
2) Context is all.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:42 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Sorry about the link, but I have a new computer, and I can't figure out why my attempts to embed a video are not working. Anyway, this video seems appropriate for the thread...Man Gropes Reporter Instantly Regrets It. Seriously guys, keep your hands to yourself!
Good for her! That was pretty funny.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:46 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm becoming very worried about these trumped-up shamings and charges against people for very minor things. Was she injured? Did it interfere with her work? Did she have endless anxiety attacks?

Forcible touching? How vague can you get? That's like when some stranger kindly grabbed me to keep me from falling.
Slapping a stranger on the ass without permission is NOT a very minor thing. At least trump consented to Stormy's spank.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:50 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Slapping a stranger on the ass without permission is NOT a very minor thing. At least trump consented to Stormy's spank.
It is a minor thing, the man need to be reprimanded by the woman or management, not charged with a crime, sheesh, let's grow up. We're tuning into a creepy police state and women are so fragile they can't handle the smallest issues. Men are not far behind, they want to call police if some guy gets in their face instead of being a man and handling it.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:52 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Seriously guys, keep your hands to yourself!
Is it OK for women to grope men without their consent?

Two women are groping men and stealing their Rolex watches

#MeToo movement lawmaker investigated for sexual misconduct allegations

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuaAPEsXEAEFf_O.jpg

Old 05-26-2018, 03:56 PM

843 posts, read 1,433,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It is a minor thing, the man need to be reprimanded by the woman or management, not charged with a crime, sheesh, let's grow up. We're tuning into a creepy police state and women are so fragile they can't handle the smallest issues. Men are not far behind, they want to call police if some guy gets in their face instead of being a man and handling it.
Considering telling men no for the last hundred years hasn't worked to keep it from happening, this is the only logical step for men to learn to keep their hands to their self.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:57 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
No, not at all, and my comment was not meant to imply as much, so let me be clear for those of you who did not learn this in kindergarten...

PEOPLE, KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!

Old 05-26-2018, 03:59 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Sometimes a man slaps another man or a woman on the butt quite often, or vice versa. The person who gets slapped might not mind getting slapped whereas another who does get slapped will mind. However, especially in this era of #MeToo, the problem is determining when it becomes assault. If that waitress repeatedly expressed "no" (body language can be tricky with that), then I agree it is assault.

Clarallel, does bring upt a relevant point of defining "forcible touching". A partial problem is that a law might define a specific offense as happening under specific circumstances. Going with Clarell's example, a random stranger grabbing Clarallel from behind to prevent Clarallel from falling would be "assault" or "unwanted touching". Just as a law can be too vague to define what circumstances constitute when an offense happens, it could also be too specific. Finding a middle ground is difficult.

That's the problem when laws apply to intentions rather than specific acts.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:00 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
No, not at all, and my comment was not meant to imply as much, so let me be clear for those of you who did not learn this in kindergarten...

PEOPLE, KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!
Just checking.

There are a lot of double standards with regards to sexual harassment/domestic violence against men by women, especially with regards to media coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies