Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 08:15 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times

Advertisements

MAXINE WATERS: GOD IS ON THE SIDE OF PEOPLE DRIVING TRUMP OFFICIALS FROM RESTAURANTS

She explained, “Already you have members of your cabinet that are being booed out of restaurants. We have protesters taking up at their house who are saying, ‘No peace, no sleep. No peace, no sleep.’”

“We’re gonna win this battle,” Waters said, “because while you try and quote the Bible, Jeff Sessions and others, you really don’t know the Bible. God is on our side. On the side of the children. On the side of what’s right. On the side of what’s honorable. On the side of understanding that if we can’t protect the children, we can’t protect anybody. ”

In reality - God says to pray for, and follow those who are put in positions of leadership - good or bad.

Someone needs to suggest Waters have a prayer meeting and quit harassing people - since she is now interested in what side God is on. Yeah, right...

Romans 13, 1 Timothy 2 is the reference - FYI.

----------

With regards to whole border/family separation issue, I don't think God would be pleased with anyone involved.

God created us so that an orderly environment is what works best. That's why there is structure within the family relationship... corporate structure with the government... structure within churches... People operate at their best within a structured environment.

God is not pleased with families from foreign countries who attempt to break the law by entering the country illegally.

God is not pleased with the breaking up on the families for obvious reasons - but that goes to the law that's on our books that needs to be changed.

God is not pleased with those who refuse to help change the law and solve part of the problem (Schumer) because of political gamesmanship.

I don't think God is pleased with anyone in this mess - which includes Maxine Waters for causing more chaos and disorder with her calls to be disruptive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2018, 08:16 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
So they want to terrorize people. Maxine Waters is a terrorist.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
She is another whack job playing to a base, no different than many other politicians.

Nothing seems to warm Trump’s heart more than his base shouting “ lock her up”.

Far left and right seem to increasingly elect people unwilling to compromise to achieve anything.

Most folk I run into don’t strike me as far left or right.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:21 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
So they want to terrorize people. Maxine Waters is a terrorist.
And that is what it is. It would be very scary being surrounded by hateful unhinged people screaming at you while you go about your daily life.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,848,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
She is another whack job playing to a base, no different than many other politicians.

Nothing seems to warm Trump’s heart more than his base shouting “ lock her up”.

Far left and right seem to increasingly elect people unwilling to compromise to achieve anything.

Most folk I run into don’t strike me as far left or right.
Really? You equate Maxine telling her supporters to confront people at gas stations and out in public because they are Trump supporters with Hillary's numerous crimes?

Also, are you advertising your business here?

Are we all allowed to do that?

Old 06-25-2018, 08:25 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
That was never true, but your side seems never to stay informed.
I’m not in a side because my post stated I disagreed with all of it so you obviously can’t read. There is hypocrisy on both sides and if I had to pick a side that is more hypocritical it would be the GOP with their so called Christian , family values.

No one is following Maxine, it’s her opinion. You all act as if she is the leader of the Dems which she is not.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:27 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,436,661 times
Lack of respect from the ground up in the United States. Where is the respect for your elders like I still believe in. It's sad in the U.S. This lady needs to learn to respect those above her and in authority.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:29 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,298,702 times
Well if it's good enough for Sessions to use to persecute people when theoretically we have separation of church and state, it's probably good enough for waters.

Good for the goose, good for the gander and all that. Really though, it would be nicer just to keep the imaginary sky friends out of it, and deal with people.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Good post.

What would Jesus do?

I think he would want a resolution at the border but I also think that he would want us to be careful with who we admit to the country.

We all know what is going on at the border and how the Left is using the affected people for political gain.

What exactly is the battle she speaks of? Is the goal to have open borders or to disrupt and destroy anything and anyone associated with Trump?

What is the answer? Is Maxxine and her people ready to welcome and provide for the thousands of asylum seekers into their homes and communities plus the thousands more that will follow?

Old 06-25-2018, 08:35 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,884,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...81944056664064

She may be a nut but she has influence over other nuts. Someone is going to get hurt. It is not funny or cute.
Gee I thought that was James Brown " The Godfather of Soul "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies