Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 07:17 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I don't have a problem with it, good for the restaurant.

What a shame though that a Canadian business has better common sense compared to American businesses that would have jumped on the 'bash Trump' bandwagon.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/01/restau...ring-maga-hat/
Finally a liberal business living up to their motto of hate and intolerance has no home here....yeah I wish our liberals could learn of smidgen of tolerance but on the other hand, their hate and intolerance is electing Republicans so that's a nice benefit of their hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 07:46 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think anyone wearing a hat in a restaurant should be asked to leave. It’s rude.

Quite a few men use a baseball hat all the time to cover up for their worsening baldness. They would rather do that than a wig or have hair transplant. This is not a regular hat or a top hat that they are wearing.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:49 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maga hats or gay couples wanting a cake, its all the same. Ownership should have the right to refuse svc for any reason.

The manager went against the owner's policy and he was fired. Simple as that.

The manager should start his own restaurant and set his own policies, within existing laws.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:56 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
People who walk around wearing campaign hats and shirts long after the election is over are just looking for confrontation. One of my kids works at a business with a decidedly liberal bent, and they occasionally receive customers wearing MAGA hats and in some cases carrying guns (we live in an open carry state). I've counseled her to ignore the provocation and just get them in and out as efficiently as possible. People like that are just testing the waters, looking for a fight. The best approach is not to give them one and let them move on to their next target.

Last edited by randomparent; 07-02-2018 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-02-2018, 08:08 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
People who walk around wearing campaign hats and shirts long after the election is over are just looking for confrontation. On of my kids works at a business with a decidedly liberal bent, and they occasionally receive customers wearing MAGA hats and in some cases carrying guns (we live in an open carry state). I've counseled her to ignore the provocation and just get them in and out as efficiently as possible. People like that are just testing the waters, looking for a fight. The best approach is not to give them one and let them move on to their next target.
It’s not the best approach. It is the ONLY acceptable approach. Any other approach means you are the aggressor/provocateur, not them.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It’s not the best approach. It is the ONLY acceptable approach. Any other approach means you are the aggressor/provocateur, not them.
Fair point. I agree.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:18 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
And that's exactly what this is really about, and what Trump is really about.

It's not unlike that idiot I ran into on a plane flight very soon after the Las Vegas massacre who was proudly wearing an NRA hat and mouthing off to everyone about his extremist, right-wing beliefs. You have to be a real tool-bag to do a stunt like that, and a sadist to spout politics on a plane with a captive audience. And no doubt the righties would have defended him and pretended that they are the "victims" when they are picking fights... just any sod wearing a MAGA hat in public these days.
The NRA guy was out of line, but you guys really are a bunch of goose stepping, brown shirted nazis who want to just shut down anyone that doesn’t tow your party line. Don’t you have a concentration camp to build somewhere?

Old 07-02-2018, 08:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Quite a few men use a baseball hat all the time to cover up for their worsening baldness. They would rather do that than a wig or have hair transplant. This is not a regular hat or a top hat that they are wearing.
Why cover their baldness? I think a bald head is unoffensive. A hat in a nice restaurant is rude.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
You must have missed this part.

he was terminated for “violating the company’s philosophy of tolerance.”
In other words, he did not tolerate intolerance.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why cover their baldness? I think a bald head is unoffensive. A hat in a nice restaurant is rude.
To prevent sunburn. A sunburned scalp is excruciating. That being said, a gentleman always removes his hat indoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies