Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 10:58 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Maybe time to let the people of England handle their own business and ignore them.

If this is how they treat a good President and think about the voters of America who voted President Trump in, then let the Brits sink with the ship as illegal aliens and immigrants have turned England in a down spiral.

The Brits can’t even agree about Brexit and many government officials have resigned in the last month.

Americans are not even safe in England so think twice and Croatia and other former Eastern Block countries like Hungary are way nicer to visit and more safe!

Let the Brits admire dictators and see how long they will love their hate for a good person. I feel very offended by the actions of the mayor of London and will not travel there until he is gone!
The majority of the UK and the US do not think Trump is a good president.

The Brits have been around a long time--I don't think they'll sink. And maybe we (and Trump) should not be telling them what to do.

The Brits can't agree? Neither can Americans--more people voted for the president's opponent than for him. We are incredibly polarized and there is a lot more violence here. Many government officials have resigned in England? Do you know how many of Trump's administration have resigned. Here's a hint--a lot.

Trump is the epitome of The Ugly American, and this post bashing England is pretty ugly as well. Glass houses and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 10:59 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but was the balloon made before Trump's comments? And the protests planned and started before Trump's comments?

Touche! I guess the Brits just consider Trump more of a jackass than the Saudi leader and they're as entitled to their opinions as Trump is to his.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:04 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Brits get their news from the BBC which might as well be CNN with their Left leaning bias and hatred for Trump.

I have relatives in Ireland and all they ever hear is how bad, racist and dangerous with guns America is. Trump is the cherry on top of the mess. They seldom hear anything positive.
Perhaps they should expand their news watching. There are alternatives. I for one, get news from many sources and they piece together what is hyperbole and what is based on fact. Listening to clips of what was actually said etc.

By that, I concluded that Trump is an ass, a fool, ignorant of history and the world, selfish, egotistical, a racist, and acting like Russia controls him. He is dangerous.

As for hearing things positive. Most news isn't positive. Most news agencies in the world don't do as many fluff pieces as you see on US networks, where news is treated as entertainment.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Touche! I guess the Brits just consider Trump more of a jackass than the Saudi leader and they're as entitled to their opinions as Trump is to his.
I understand about people can have their opinions, but why such the opinions reaction to Trump, yet the Saudi dictator, who runs one of the most oppressive countries in the world, has maybe a few dozen protesters which do not even make the news?

Sure, I get it, they do not like Trump, well, I am sure they probably do not like a lot of people, yet do not take the time of day to protest them. But again, protesting because why? What exactly, like an exact reason, are they protesting? And is that reason really worth all this effort? I can think of dozens and dozens, hell hundreds, of policies, regulations, laws, etc, that I disagree with. But I am not out protesting hours a day over them, it would be ridiculous for me to over every little thing I dislike.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:10 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Because this is the very same demographic that grouses on endlessly about "bullying" and "tolerance" and yet are practicing the very things they claim to vehemently oppose.

The Precious Little Snowflakes and their followers are really asking for it. They continue to push, and push, and push, and push the envelope with their ever escalating taunts, goading, and daring, trying to see just how big of A-holes they can really be.

Sooner or later, the Right is going to finally decide they've had enough and fire back a retaliatory shot and it's going to be Kent State all over again. And then of course the little Snowflakes will sit there, play dumb, feign ignorance, and weep about being "poor innocent victims". Again.

All of this can be summed up into a 30 second video that's out there. Perhaps you've seen it.

It shows what is supposed to be an underground UFC type fight between a US Marine and some other dude.

The smaller guy is acting incredibly obnoxious, dancing in the face of the Marine, and just being a belligerent little punk.

The Marine just stands there, waiting patiently and when he sees his chance, knocks the punk out cold in one punch.

Keep it up Snowflakes. That's going to be you. You're going to be unconscious on the ground and never know what hit you.
Are you a writer for professional wrestling or something? Because I haven't seen anything that cheesy and ridiculous "tough guy" since my roomates used to watch that stuff back in the 90's lol.

Either that or you've spent the last couple days on some sort of 80's action movie marathon with such classics as Tango & Cash, Road House and so forth.

Now go pew pew pew at call of duty or whatever and work out that anger in a healthy manner instead of talking about shooting people whose free speech you disagree with.

Frankly, most republicans I know with large gun collections would rather plug you for wanting to shoot people over their constitutionally protected stances than someone marching around complaining about Trump.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Proof that media bias works and is a threat to free people. Meanwhile most britts welcome Trumps visit.

Prove it.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:12 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
I admire the people in the U.K at least they are willing to take a stand against someone who they have issues with. People here in the U.S won’t take the stand for the same thing. At least to this extent.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:13 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Maybe time to let the people of England handle their own business and ignore them.

If this is how they treat a good President and think about the voters of America who voted President Trump in, then let the Brits sink with the ship as illegal aliens and immigrants have turned England in a down spiral.

The Brits can’t even agree about Brexit and many government officials have resigned in the last month.

Americans are not even safe in England so think twice and Croatia and other former Eastern Block countries like Hungary are way nicer to visit and more safe!

Let the Brits admire dictators and see how long they will love their hate for a good person. I feel very offended by the actions of the mayor of London and will not travel there until he is gone!

Are you referring to trumps best friends putin, kim, and erdogan?

The Brits wanted trump to stay home... he's the one who insisted.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post

The Precious Little Snowflakes and their followers are really asking for it. They continue to push, and push, and push, and push the envelope with their ever escalating taunts, goading, and daring, trying to see just how big of A-holes they can really be.

Excellent (and accurate) description of the Trump methodology!

Old 07-13-2018, 11:14 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,946,560 times
Just a glimpse at what the rest of the world thinks about our laughing stock prez. Complete idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies