Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 12:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,106,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why are you attempting to make an issue of England welcoming dictators while conveniently ignoring the praise Trump heaps on them?
Excellent question, which we all know will go unanswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Because this is the very same demographic that grouses on endlessly about "bullying" and "tolerance" and yet are practicing the very things they claim to vehemently oppose.

The Precious Little Snowflakes and their followers are really asking for it. They continue to push, and push, and push, and push the envelope with their ever escalating taunts, goading, and daring, trying to see just how big of A-holes they can really be.

Sooner or later, the Right is going to finally decide they've had enough and fire back a retaliatory shot and it's going to be Kent State all over again. And then of course the little Snowflakes will sit there, play dumb, feign ignorance, and weep about being "poor innocent victims". Again.

All of this can be summed up into a 30 second video that's out there. Perhaps you've seen it.

It shows what is supposed to be an underground UFC type fight between a US Marine and some other dude.

The smaller guy is acting incredibly obnoxious, dancing in the face of the Marine, and just being a belligerent little punk.

The Marine just stands there, waiting patiently and when he sees his chance, knocks the punk out cold in one punch.

Keep it up Snowflakes. That's going to be you. You're going to be unconscious on the ground and never know what hit you.
OMG, what a hilarious post.

So you applaud the government mowing down college students, eh? Yep, you must be a cultist.

PSST: Just an FYI. Trump is the obnoxious little POS in your scenario. And it's just a matter of time before we knock him down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 12:33 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,781,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I understand about people can have their opinions, but why such the opinions reaction to Trump, yet the Saudi dictator, who runs one of the most oppressive countries in the world, has maybe a few dozen protesters which do not even make the news?

Sure, I get it, they do not like Trump, well, I am sure they probably do not like a lot of people, yet do not take the time of day to protest them. But again, protesting because why? What exactly, like an exact reason, are they protesting? And is that reason really worth all this effort? I can think of dozens and dozens, hell hundreds, of policies, regulations, laws, etc, that I disagree with. But I am not out protesting hours a day over them, it would be ridiculous for me to over every little thing I dislike.
Why? How about they’re disgusted by his policies, his insults, his arrogance, his ignorance and generalized sorriness?

That’s how they feel about him. It’s their country, their city and their government. Opening up his piehole to chastise and threaten them can motivate people to protest.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:36 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,781,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm hoping their will be a tour of the blimp through American cities.

Those crowds in London certainly despise Trump. Where are all the UK counter-protesters who Trump claims love him??
Very good point. I don’t see any Cheneyesque “flowers and candy” greeting Trump.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,755,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Great post.

From what I'm reading, many Brits are embarrassed by the balloon, as well they should be. It's an insult to millions upon millions of Americans. I would be embarrassed as an American if we pulled a similar stunt on a visiting world leader.
What about Trump embarrassing May and endorsing someone else to be PM while on a state visit? Is that embarrassing? Of course not. Because Trump supporters really don't care what he does, they just get upset if people aren't worshiping him like they do.

And insulting Theresa May while he's there will be sharply contrasted with him falling to his knees before Putin and telling the world how wonderful Putin is and all he wants in this life is to be Putin's friend. Russians call Trump a "useful idiot".

This blimp mocking Trump is long past due. How many times have we had to listen to Trump call himself a very stable genius? UGH.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 11,313,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Ah, calm down Bentlebee. It's just kids having a bit of fun. They're out of school, and the sun is out. What harm have they done really? No broken windows, or injured cops. They're flying their Trump blimp, and laughing at him. Where's the harm in that?

Americans are very safe in England. Stop spreading such nonsense. Lots of Americans on this board have visited England recently. Not seen a negative review from anyone.

We don't admire dictators. Our history proves that. Don't worry about the Mayor of London. He's just a little guy who likes to feel important. We laugh at him, same as we do at the Donald........
Always appreciated the English sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhDJxEPRDek

Old 07-13-2018, 12:46 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,094,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
What about Trump embarrassing May and endorsing someone else to be PM while on a state visit? Is that embarrassing? Of course not. Because Trump supporters really don't care what he does, they just get upset if people aren't worshiping him like they do.

And insulting Theresa May while he's there will be sharply contrasted with him falling to his knees before Putin and telling the world how wonderful Putin is and all he wants in this life is to be Putin's friend. Russians call Trump a "useful idiot".

This blimp mocking Trump is long past due. How many times have we had to listen to Trump call himself a very stable genius? UGH.
I'm guessing you didn't read about the press conference this morning?

Old 07-13-2018, 12:51 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,448,384 times
Quote:
I find it very odd that you not only are defending the immature and embarrassing antics of your countrymen, but that you then also have to try to bully and shame an American who is defending his President.

From what I'm reading, many Brits are cringeing at the display put on today. It does
not become one of the leading countries of the world.
They're enjoying themselves calgirlinnc. The weather is good, and they don't like the Donald, and everything he stands for.

Now, I don't feel the same way. I don't hate Trump, and wouldn't cross the street to see him. Lots of folks here in England feel the same way as me.

But, mainly kids just don't like his attitude on many issues. He has come here to England, and insulted our PM in a newspaper article. Then, he takes it back to her face, and says actually he loves her.

You have voted in a lying sociopath as POTUC. That is your privilege. He steps out of America, and he is fair game. Long as nobody tries to hurt him, I'm fine with that.

The kiddies are flying a baby trump blimp. They know how thin skinned he is. I think it's brilliant......

Old 07-13-2018, 12:53 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 21 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,611,343 times

The majority of the population lives on only a tiny bit of land. Even MA, NY, and CA's is by land area majority republican. Doesn't mean the state as a whole's conservative.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:57 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,531,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I understand about people can have their opinions, but why such the opinions reaction to Trump, yet the Saudi dictator, who runs one of the most oppressive countries in the world, has maybe a few dozen protesters which do not even make the news?

Sure, I get it, they do not like Trump, well, I am sure they probably do not like a lot of people, yet do not take the time of day to protest them. But again, protesting because why? What exactly, like an exact reason, are they protesting? And is that reason really worth all this effort? I can think of dozens and dozens, hell hundreds, of policies, regulations, laws, etc, that I disagree with. But I am not out protesting hours a day over them, it would be ridiculous for me to over every little thing I dislike.
Some people are passionate about what they believe in. I'm sure that they are not out there everyday, protesting every little policy that they don't like. There is a time to put your feelings into action and march/protest for what you believe in.

Quote:
Great post.

From what I'm reading, many Brits are embarrassed by the balloon, as well they should be. It's an insult to millions upon millions of Americans. I would be embarrassed as an American if we pulled a similar stunt on a visiting world leader.
Why would you be embarrassed? Were you embarrassed when some Americans hung an effigy of President Obama?

Old 07-13-2018, 01:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,755,561 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you didn't read about the press conference this morning?
Where Trump denied what he did? Trump lies constantly.

Trump trashing our allies has been an ongoing issue. He trashed Trudeau last month, he threw Starburst candies on the table in front of Merkel and said "there, don't tell me I never gave you anything" at the G-7 meeting, and then this stunt he pulled last night.

"The insults continued for page after lurid page..."

"I actually told Theresa May how to do it, but she didn’t listen to me..."

"...the “very talented guy”, Boris Johnson, who “would be “a great prime minister”

Does Trump’s Sun interview signal the end of diplomacy?
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...sa-may-insults

Trump is in London saying these things to the right wing tabloid Sun, then denying it on camera? It's no wonder Londoners detest him, are protesting and flying a diapered Trump blimp. If he threatened not to come back, their likely response would be cheers and "Promise?!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies