Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t
It would have helped resolve them 32 37.21%
It would have made them worse 54 62.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 09:26 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,451,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
He literally said none of those things.
Saying "if you think" and then going on to tell said person to shove it must mean he/she doesn't agree to the statement to the "if you think" leads to.

If that is so, my reply was warranted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 09:31 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,104,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Saying "if you think" and then going on to tell said person to shove it must mean he/she doesn't agree to the statement to the "if you think" leads to.

If that is so, my reply was warranted.
1. He’s allowed to say “if you think”
2. Point out exactly where he tells you to “shove it”

3. Your response didn’t address either of the first two points anyhow.....

Old 07-18-2018, 06:35 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,100,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If that makes you feel better. I am no moderate. I don't pretend to be. It's sad that people like you are unable to understand that some of us see wrong as wrong.
Thanks for admitting your act is a lie.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times
Talking Trump says US is entirely to blame for bad relations with Russia. Russia agrees.

Putin and tRump = same team.

But Putin wears the pants.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you are right.

Nikita Kruchev (sp) bragged about getting Truman elected
Russians used propaganda to help Jimmy Carter get elected
Russians hacked McCain

but none of that stuff matters.... Russia has been consistent for 70 years and you guys didn't care until this year.

you cannot fathom the contempt I personally have for all of you. its despicable what you on the left are pretending all the sudden.
I find your contempt evidence of extremism. Any reasonable person understands that people all hold political opinions that are unique to them, that result from their family background, their education, and their personal experiences. Rather than contempt, I respect the people who disagree with me. While I will spar with people regarding FACTS, I enjoy learning why people feel the way they do, what has formed their opinions, what they hope for. And most of the time, I find that what they hope for and what I hope for aren't all that far apart.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump being given his job performance rating by Putin today.
and 2/3rds of those polled here.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:20 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I find your contempt evidence of extremism. Any reasonable person understands that people all hold political opinions that are unique to them, that result from their family background, their education, and their personal experiences. Rather than contempt, I respect the people who disagree with me. While I will spar with people regarding FACTS, I enjoy learning why people feel the way they do, what has formed their opinions, what they hope for. And most of the time, I find that what they hope for and what I hope for aren't all that far apart.
That is a lovely sentiment. However, what I hope for my country (continuation of our 200+ year old democracy) seems to be very different from what others of a different background and family dynamic seem to want (that the President will do what’s good for America, without the populace having to watch what is actually happening.)

Honestly, I’m scared to death that we are headed toward an authoritarian government while no one is looking.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:50 PM

1,070 posts, read 395,583 times
Winter!

I renew my offer to pay all of your expenses to move to Moscow!! What say you!?!

Old 07-19-2018, 06:46 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,256,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
LOL... No one needs to "disprove" unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

What you need to be doing, instead of bringing that up absent proof, is pray that there isn't a broad backlash once your proof fails to materialize in the long run. After all, whether you deny it or not, this conspiracy theory is broadly believed to be the underlying justification for the investigation that was begun to hunt Trump as a supposedly compromised White Whale.
there are about a million Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama threads that you really need to apply this same standard to, then.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,067,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
but,but he got me twenty dollars a week in my check.
Been shopping lately -- that 20 isn't going as far.

Prices are going up up up.

And we aren't even a month into the trade fiasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies